• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Godzilla Discussion

I seen the leaks and holy ****, Tiamat is nuts considering that Godzilla need her power to absorb and evolved into the pink form that we seen which mean that she is indeed no joke, well she's almost killed Goji if not because of him took her to the land

Also those concept arts of Shimo goes hard, her being chained and the clash on hollow earth

I seen the leaks and holy ****, Tiamat is nuts considering that Godzilla need her power to absorb and evolved into the pink form that we seen which mean that she is indeed no joke, well she's almost killed Goji if not because of him took her to the land

Also those concept arts of Shimo goes hard, her being chained and the clash on hollow earth
To be fair, Godzilla already absorbed the power plant energy before that, so much so that he turned into a blue thermonuclear Godzilla.

There are also Mothra and Scylla images floating around.

To be fair, Godzilla already absorbed the power plant energy before that, so much so that he turned into a blue thermonuclear Godzilla.

There are also Mothra and Scylla images floating around.
I know, but the fact he need Tiamat power to dunk on Shimo is more than enough to tell that Shimo is going to be a no joke to fight, maybe around King Ghidorah level, and Tiamat might an another top tier as well

Yeah i saw the images of Mothra and Scylla as well, wonder what's the role for Mothra here beside to stop the fight between Kong and Goji, there's a theory that Jia would become the priestress of Mothra
Rip Scylla tho, the stubbornness on this Titan finally got her lmao

I know, but the fact he need Tiamat power to dunk on Shimo is more than enough to tell that Shimo is going to be a no joke to fight, maybe around King Ghidorah level, and Tiamat might an another top tier as well

Yeah i saw the images of Mothra and Scylla as well, wonder what's the role for Mothra here beside to stop the fight between Kong and Goji, there's a theory that Jia would become the priestress of Mothra
Rip Scylla tho, the stubbornness on this Titan finally got her lmao
i don't really understand why people think Ghidorah and Shimo are on the same level?
Shimo is clearly much MUCH stronger than Ghidorah. Godzilla defeated Ghidorah multiple time in the past and in KOTM too. Godzilla was dominating the fight till Ghidorah got a power up.
Godzilla needs to absorb power plant AFTER he got amped by the nuke in KOTM and then got stronger in GvK and then even after that he needed to evolve further to even match Shimo.

I made a new Godzilla CRT for those interested in participating there.

Should Godzilla, Ghidorah, Kong, Ion dragon, Male Muto, Female Muto have matter manipulation resistance for surviving atomic breath?

Also, do all Titens have the ability for inducing hallucinations?

according to the leaks, Shimo blasts her frost bite from the Hollow Earth to the surface of the planet freezing the whole planet's surface in one shot.

Just gonna mention that the values in our current monsterverse godzilla profile are outdated.

The currently accepted value for the nuke feat is 7 teratons if you look at the calcs and so that means monsterverse loses that 6-B+.

Additionally Godzilla's hollow earth feat needs to be nerfed by about 180 times since it took him 3 minutes of constant energy output to do the feat and we only use the energy output per second in our AP section.

It's definitely not wanked especially considering how most recent stuff supports even tier 4, unless you're taking in account this wiki's standards.

It's definitely not wanked especially considering how most recent stuff supports even tier 4, unless you're taking in account this wiki's standards.
homie we're ON the wiki, the heck do you expect? And what tier 4 stuff? Best I've seen is the argument about Godzilla eating a star but that's clearly not gonna work since that's probably a metaphor for something similar to a star as otherwise it would've destroyed the planet just by being there.
How about the speed and macroquantum stuff?
The whole thing with sub-atomic destruction is wanked too since all we know is that it is on a quantum level and nothing else. Literally all we're told is that it has something to do with quantum stuff and no info on subatomic destruction.

Basically Godzilla's best bet is Gojo losing to radiation poisoning lmao

homie we're ON the wiki, the heck do you expect? And what tier 4 stuff? Best I've seen is the argument about Godzilla eating a star but that's clearly not gonna work since that's probably a metaphor for something similar to a star as otherwise it would've destroyed the planet just by being there.
An actual impartial take without the weight of this wiki who had unironically created several downgrade spite threads in the past against this verse in specific. The whole deal with gamma rays and how Godzilla has the equivalent power of a gamma-ray burst/black hole. I don't buy it being solid, but it is definitely arguable.

An actual impartial take without the weight of this wiki who had unironically created several downgrade spite threads in the past against this verse in specific. The whole deal with gamma rays and how Godzilla has the equivalent power of a gamma-ray burst/black hole. I don't buy it being solid, but it is definitely arguable.
if they all had the power of a gamma ray burst black hole the earth would fry instantly. If we didn't have our atmosphere then far flung solar flares that wouldn't even hit us with their full High 6-A power would already turn this planet uninhabitable. In Monarch legacy of monsters they say that their bursts are similar to pulsars in nature but they never said that they are literally the same.

They did not used "similar" too. They outright said that the radiation could only be seen froms pulsars, supermassive black holes, and Godzilla can output at least the same amount of energy. They do not need to showcase every single realistic aspect of a black hole/gamma-ray pulse for that when they especifically can control such energy within their bodies, it is not the first time that the franchise uses the "have the power of [x celestial body/event]" trope. Though it wouldn't really hurt considering the atomic breath is said to be the most devastating weapon in nature with the entire universe in context.

Trying to apply rl logic to a franchise which has 300+feet tall kaiju is actually hilarious.
you mean the franchise that covers the kaiju in their own scientific explanations and rl equivalents to real phenomena? If we don't use rl logic then calcs are also gone btw since they are an application of rl physics to fiction. This would mean we can only go by statements and shown events which would make Godzilla 7-C+ because his stated potency of the atomic breath is 75 kilotons and at most he could be 7-B because of Castle Bravo. Do you want that? Cause if you don't then use rl logic.

They did not used "similar" too.
Ok then, link me the scene
They outright said that the radiation could only be seen froms pulsars, supermassive black holes, and Godzilla can output at least the same amount of energy. They do not need to showcase every single realistic aspect of a black hole/gamma-ray pulse
we do use specific scrutinizing standards for black holes here. Additionally, your "totally tier 4 gamma ray bursts" make no sense since one of the guys who did this kind of pulse was the Frost Vark who got blown tf up along with the hollow earth portal by a few crates of TNT
for that when they especifically can control such energy within their bodies, it is not the first time that the franchise uses the "have the power of [x celestial body/event]" trope.
where
Though it wouldn't really hurt considering the atomic breath is said to be the most devastating weapon in nature with the entire universe in context.
pretty sure it was in nature and not universe

you mean the franchise that covers the kaiju in their own scientific explanations and rl equivalents to real phenomena? If we don't use rl logic then calcs are also gone btw since they are an application of rl physics to fiction. This would mean we can only go by statements and shown events which would make Godzilla 7-C+ because his stated potency of the atomic breath is 75 kilotons and at most he could be 7-B because of Castle Bravo. Do you want that? Cause if you don't then use rl logic.
No, i mean a franchise that has 300+ft radiation breathing monster that fights 3 headed space dragon.
Godzilla is mostly based on mythology not on science. No amount of rl logic will have something that makes holes in Earth.

Ok then, link me the scene
Not in hands.
we do use specific scrutinizing standards for black holes here. Additionally, your "totally tier 4 gamma ray bursts" make no sense since one of the guys who did this kind of pulse was the Frost Vark who got blown tf up along with the hollow earth portal by a few crates of TNT
Incorrect. I've never said this wiki lacks proper standards for black holes (which is why SpaceGodzilla barely got tier 4 if it wasn't for Showa scaling). Besides, they were talking about the energy of HE Vortexes, whom only Ion Dragon has control over, not Frost Vark.
Non-Godzilla movies during Showa era such as Mothra, Gorath and Atragon, Mechagodzilla I, SpaceGodzilla, Destoroyah, 99' Godzilla, from where I can grab from my head.
pretty sure it was in nature and not universe
Greg Keyes treats it as the universe.

No, i mean a franchise that has 300+ft radiation breathing monster that fights 3 headed space dragon.
Godzilla is mostly based on mythology not on science. No amount of rl logic will have something that makes holes in Earth.
its not based on mythology at all lmao what series are you watching? He appears in mythology but none of his powers are mythological. If that was a thing then we would've already seen stuff that is fully illogical, but instead we have everything be based on some real life phenomena, theory ect. Holes in earth are basically space time portals. How are they space-time portals? Gravity is what bends space-time so its related to it. In the end all of godzilla's power and al the shenanigans happening to Hollow Earth tie into whatever was the thing that Godzilla absorbed and whatever it is that sustains life in HK. Until they pull out magic this verse isn't gonna be "mainly based on mythology".

Not in hands.
touche, guess we agree to disagree until we have the scan
Incorrect. I've never said this wiki lacks proper standards for black holes (which is why SpaceGodzilla barely got tier 4 if it wasn't for Showa scaling). Besides, they were talking about the energy of HE Vortexes, whom only Ion Dragon has control over, not Frost Vark.
Godzilla also has control over it though? He literally creates a vortex and enters it to kick Ion dragon's ass.
Non-Godzilla movies during Showa era such as Mothra, Gorath and Atragon, Mechagodzilla I, SpaceGodzilla, Destoroyah, 99' Godzilla, from where I can grab from my head.
I thought you were talking about Monsterverse
Greg Keyes treats it as the universe.
and the source for that?

Monsterverse literally named Kaiju after greek Titans.
And has ALOT of mythological names: Scylla, Tiamat, Kraken, Methusolah etc
Ghidorah is literally equated to Satan and rodan is referred to as fire demon.
And you do realize that's still fiction, right? They don't need everything to be 1:1 with rl.

Monsterverse literally named Kaiju after greek Titans.
And has ALOT of mythological names: Scylla, Tiamat, Kraken, Methusolah etc
Ghidorah is literally equated to Satan and rodan is referred to as fire demon.
And you do realize that's still fiction, right? They don't need everything to be 1:1 with rl.
I guess if I name my dog Zeus it suddenly becomes an actual mythological being lmfao

Wait, can someone explain to me about this discussion of mythology and the Titans in the Monsterverse is all about? Because I'm pretty sure Titans like Tiamat, Scylla, Kraken, and all that jazz were given those names by ancient humans of the past who were able to witness some of the Titans found across the world, and the power and size they exerted created the myths but it's not like they're actually mythological.

Like watching the movies themselves, the implication is that the Titans aren't divine or anything like that but are so big and powerful that humans treated them as gods. Everything surrounding them is scientific afaik.

They literally tell us that Titans inspired the myths in lore so i don't know what you're talking about.
INSPIRED the myths. This literally means nothing. The kaiju appeared in myths because they were part of the human history in that world. Does is every human on earth mythological because they appear in all myths? Is every snake biblical because there was a snake in the bible? Seriously I have no clue what you're waffling about, the creatures in the series don't go into anything magical, divine or anything that isn't based on real scientific concepts or at least stuff that exists within our universe.
Wait, can someone explain to me about this discussion of mythology and the Titans in the Monsterverse is all about? Because I'm pretty sure Titans like Tiamat, Scylla, Kraken, and all that jazz were given those names by ancient humans of the past who were able to witness some of the Titans found across the world, and the power and size they exerted created the myths but it's not like they're actually mythological.

Like watching the movies themselves, the implication is that the Titans aren't divine or anything like that but are so big and powerful that humans treated them as gods. Everything surrounding them is scientific afaik.
exactly

Back