• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gear 4 Luffy vs Dangai Ichigo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monkey D. Luffy

Luffy Post Time Skip

Luffy is in Gear 4 the entire fight.

Ichigo Kurosaki

Post dangai training kurosaki ichigo by mlvega by kaioken10-d6sm0si

Ichigo is in Dangai the entire fight. No Final Getsuga Tenshou.

Who wins?

You're kidding... Guys, level with me here. Luffy is faster and stronger than Ichigo is. Ichigo's best feat was destroying a large hill and the destructive power of his Mugetsu didn't do nearly enough to even penetrate his durability, even if he should catch him. A Kong Punch annihilates him unless you have some proofs as to why Ichigo is superior to Luffy in any regard.

Edit: Ichigo is superior in destructive capacity, yet Luffy in Gear 4th is Superior to him in speed. Ichigo is not a Small Country Buster, he's island level, again if your calcs, wherever you got them from, were correct. The site itself would have said so. So either the OBD didn't say so, or you're making them stronger than they actually are.

That's not Small Country Busting. Mugetsu was Island Busting. Ultra Fragor was Island Busting, it's not Small Country Busting.

Ichigo, I can't see Luffy harming his Small-Country Durability he may be faster but that's definitely not enough, Ichigo's casual attacks are Mountain level plus he uses a sword and Luffy isn't used to fighting somebody like that makes more sense to have Zoro fight him

@Davy0 Dangai ichigo is powerscaled from pre time skip due to technically being superior to them by the reiatsu mechanism that Kubo had built for Bleach (which is pretty consistent compared to other universes) also as it stands right now, One Piece is the slowest of the HST being onlt MHS, while bleach and naruto have quad digits Mach speeds, Dangai ichigo is again powerscaled to be MHS (or MHS+), so with power-scaling he has Luffy outclassed.

Edit: The site's 'List of accepted calcs' page only lists calculations that were done here, it by no means suggests that calcs that weren't done are incorrect...

Feat-wise,they are pretty much equal, with Dangai Ichigo having advantage in DC, but Dangai Ichigo is also powerscaled above post skip characters and their feats due to having "transcendent" amount of reiatsu...

Actually the speed thing is going to change in a bit , at least for the high and top tiers of One Piece.

Dangai Ichigo can be scaled to the actual destructive capacity of Yamamoto though not his full power. Yamamoto is a Small Country Buster, and not high-end due to there only being 2.2 teratons of energy in his attacks which is short scale Small Country Busting, so they'd be weaker than him but not so far that it made a huge difference.

Yamamoto is the strongest shinigami before his death, still waiting for the jury on the other Soul Palace Shinigami on that.

I do agree that he beats Luffy in Destructive Capacity, but not in speed. Dangai Ichigo is the highest end of High Hypersonic, in my beliefs which could be wrong. But he's not MHS.

again that is all fine and dandy, but Dangai Ichigo is also powerscaled form numerous MHS characters at the very least, and while top tiers on OP are listed as small country busetrs (which is a mistake since that calc wasn't accepted in OBD, the more accepted value for whitebeard's attack is 119 gigatons, but that is another issue for another time) Luffy is by no means a top tier, not to mention that even they are only MHS.

Again if you are talking feat-wise, you are probably right that Luffy is faster (still up for debate due to the inconclusive argument about 'Memories of Nobody' canoncity...don't ask, too long to explain right now) but since the original poster didn't say feats only, that means powerscaling applies, and as such Dangai ichigo is powerscaled to post time skip character, which are at least small country and MHS, and as such Luffy gets outclassed...

He can't be power scaled from other MHS characters, first off, Dangai Ichigo didn't show the kinda feats those characters did, no matter how "effortless" he was against Condom Aizen. I know Luffy loses, but saying that he has the speed disadvantage is completely wrong. His power can be scaled to someone like Kenpachi, who, if we account for the OBD's scaling, is still High-end Hypersonic even after his power boost until he shows something worth mentioning other than the meteor he cut from Gremmy. I say he scales to Yamamoto because it seems the proper way, but it's not like he had any concrete showings other than destroying PART of the mountain with his power unlike blowing it completely away with his strength which would make that more legit.

You can also blame that on the Mugetsu which should have shown more destructive feats because again we're speaking of powerscaling here. It only carved a massive scar and blew away the clouds, for one thing, and that's nowhere near close to Island Busting on feats, but since he was the strongest character pre-skip without Yama showing his true power, it should be near that level.

Also, the MHS feat came from climbing the tower to go to the Soul King's palace and that only made "True" Zanpaktou... Ichigo go to MHS, it wasn't casual either.

See what I'm saying? Who else except for Ichigo and anyone superior to him, can scale to that? Zaraki still hasn't shown those feats due to a poor showing from him against characters even INFERIOR to Ichigo at this level. That's all I'm saying.

That is actually wrong, he can be powerscaled from other captains as well, and from some of the Sternritters who are MHS, due to the reiatsu mechanism that Kubo built (which is crappy, but it at least creates some power-scaling order) transcendent characters are superior in every way to non-transcendent beings, its practically word of god, so he basically has every right to be power-scaled to MHS characters (some captains, some Sternritters, there are quite a few)...

And do you think I am bitter or something? Because I don't really give a damn, you're treating me like I am some fanboy or something, let me be clear, it;s true that Bleach is my preferred verse out of the HST, but that is only because the other two are so bad I'd rather watch a Michael Bay movie then read them weekly, I barely have enough patience to binge read them once in a while...

It's not that Bleach lack faults, but Naruto and One Piece are riddled with them.

One Piece has as many faults as Bleach and Naruto... interesting.

Some of the Sternritters? Who was that pray-tell? Who were these Captains, I don't think you mean the new Captain-Commander (I forget his name) and the guy who was stated to be the "right hand" of the Soul King with his apparition, affliction or whatever, as they are the strongest captains after Yama's death.

Soifon (calculated to be so), Byakuya after Royal Realm traning, Renji after royal realm training, Bambifodder Sternriters, go check there are some more...

One Piece was the faultiest of them all, the worst open world plot line I've ever read, bad character writing both in writing and in design, intolerable main character(s), bad artwork, you name it, and its faulty, the only reason it got popular is because it has open world storyline while Bleach and Naruto has closed world story lines, and it especially shows right now, as other manga with better open world story line (like Toriko) started to tackle its unjustified prestige as one of the Big 3, merely 100 or so chapters after they began...

The only reason Naruto ever got popular was because its first part was a complete rip-off of Hunter X Hunter (which is a true master piece, at least for a shonen manga), and just got worse after that...

I have to leave now, we will continue this later, it is nice to see some critical thinkers around here, it might help clear out the wank...

Um... I hate to tell you this, but Soifon is not scaled to Ichigo, Byakuya is SLOWER than Soifon, Renji though he beat Mask, are there any feats to place him even remotely close to Ichigo's ability, you haven't shown anything. They are High-End Hypersonic, Ichigo got MHS because of his feat of running up the Soul King's Palace.

I'm not even gonna comment on this. To each their own, I guess. Especially considering Toriko had an epidemic of relying more on showing feats than actual story elements, but sure.

No... It was a rip-off of this. I don't know what your beef with One Piece is, but like i said, to each their own.

It was (also) a rip-off of HxH, just another reason why it's bad i guess.

Why isn't Soifon scaled to Dangai ichigo, care to explain? She is a non-transcendent being, which usualy implies her stats should be lower than a transcendent one, its sounds like nonsense (and it pretty much is) but that is how Kubo built his power-scaling system, and it does have some logic behind it, Byakuya and Renji are accepted at MHS+, you can check it yourself on the wiki, and Renji is accepted at MHS as well, and there are still the Bambifodder MHS ladies...

Never said Toriko was good, just that it had a better open world story line than One Piece, which shouldn't be too big of a shocker...

To each his own, i find bleach to have the most quality overall out of the HST, which doesn't say much.....i am tired, lets agree to disagree about this subject, Lord Kavpeny's departure made me very said and i don't have any motivation to argue, sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back