Garou vs Shock Rock (High 6A Tourney)

Interesting.

They are pretty much even in AP (24 to 33 petas), and Garou obviously has the skill to overcome the small gap.

Shock Rock seems to mainly use energy things. The problem with that is Garou can reflect energy-based attacks with his techniques.

Yeah, right now I don't think Shock Rock has a chance. Long-ranged energy attacks get deflected and close-range ones do nothing against Garou's analytical prediction and far superior skill.

The main thing they have going for them from what I see is their flight, which Garou does have a problem with in matches. 100m may limit the amount of area but it's still a good advantage against someone grounded like Garou.

Last edited:
Interesting.

They are pretty much even in AP (24 to 33 petas), but Garou obviously has the skill to overcome this.

Shock Rock seems to mainly use energy things. The problem with that is Garou can reflect energy-based attacks with his techniques.

Yeah, right now I don't think Shock Rock has a chance. Long-ranged energy attacks get deflected and close-range ones do nothing against Garou's analytical prediction and far superior skill.

The main thing they have going for them from what I see is their flight, which Garou does have a problem with in matches. 100m may limit the amount of area but it's still a good advantage against someone grounded like Garou.
100 m is only for air height but the ground is still pretty big 5km squared

hmm wonder what garou vs tatsu would be like

Shock Rock is annoying since he's from the Ben 10 reboot so im assuming only few people even have knowledge on him

Garou vs Tatsumaki...

It really depends on the argument "Can Garou resist her psychic?"

I don't know to be honest lol. He did before but that was a weakened, webcomic tatsumaki. Guess we'll see.

Garou vs Tatsumaki...

It really depends on the argument "Can Garou resist her psychic?"

I don't know to be honest lol. He did before but that was a weakened, webcomic tatsumaki. Guess we'll see.
wait webcomic tatsu is weaker? Also garou is weaker than Saitama and Tatsu could lift him

Webcomic Tatsumaki is a lot weaker, yeah. And when she tried to lift Garou in the webcomic, she was severely weakened, and her powers didn't work on him.

Though, I feel the argument could be made that at full strength manga Tatsumaki could still crush webcomic Garou.

Garou can deflect lightning, not Omni-enhanced energy right? Martial arts such as pressure point strikes might also not work against alien physiology and Garou might hurt himself when touching the energy.

Garou can deflect lightning, not Omni-enhanced energy right? Martial arts such as pressure point strikes might also not work against alien physiology and Garou might hurt himself when touching the energy.
true but doesnt full monster garou stop using martial arts? Honestly tho Garou was such a good character I hope anime doesnt make him full monster tbh

true but doesnt full monster garou stop using martial arts? Honestly tho Garou was such a good character I hope anime doesnt make him full monster tbh
He could still use it, that was because when he sought more power against Saitaman he lost his ability to think.

something like that

initial-monster garou still has mind, end-monster garou was losing his ability to thought

He could still use it, that was because when he sought more power against Saitaman he lost his ability to think.

something like that

initial-monster garou still has mind, end-monster garou was losing his ability to thought
exactly isn’t this third form garou? the full on monster?

Which version of Shock Rock is being used here ? Omni Kix version who has Omni Enhanced energy + strong armor and pusedo flight or Omni Naut who has Spaceflight, environment protect armor and Class G ?

Which version of Shock Rock is being used here ? Omni Kix version who has Omni Enhanced energy + armor and pusedo flight or Omni Naut who has Spaceflight, environment protect armor and Class G ?
I think Greenshifter nominated him right? so ask him idk anything about reboot Ben 10

Green is having a class right now he'll be online later we both watch Reboot we talk for a while if you want ?
oh you know each other irl? yeah you can ask him if thats the case. Also he mentioned smth about Omni enhanced so it might be the first version

exactly isn’t this third form garou? the full on monster?
no, it's more like if he lasts a long time and tries to adapt he will lose his combat skills, this key uses both the garou that he still has his consciousness (as seen in the speed part where he left Saitama's sight) as garou giant without any combat ability

no, it's more like if he lasts a long time and tries to adapt he will lose his combat skills, this key uses both the garou that he still has his consciousness (as seen in the speed part where he left Saitama's sight) as garou giant without any combat ability
oh ok i get it

Shock Rock’s LS might get upgraded too (I’m running a little behind). If it ends up higher than Garou he can contain him in an energy box. He can also create wormholes although Ben might not know he can do that.

Shock Rock’s LS might get upgraded too (I’m running a little behind). If it ends up higher than Garou he can contain him in an energy box. He can also create wormholes although Ben might not know he can do that.
Doesn't wormholes (to outer planets) counts as hax or wait never mind it's low hax tournament

Last edited:
oh you know each other irl? yeah you can ask him if thats the case. Also he mentioned smth about Omni enhanced so it might be the first version
We don't... we just talk a lot via Discord, he just knows me well enough to guess correctly apparently.

Also since Shock Rock's calc got upgraded instead of downgraded and thus okay'd twice by calc members I don't see the calc getting downgraded anymore, the only thing people can bring up now is scaling, which I can counter so you shouldn't be too worried about Shock Rock getting disqualified anymore 😉.

It's hax but not that potent or broken. Which doesn't even matter if Ben doesn't know how to use it.
he seems to pass the qualifications for this tourney

also Phoenks is the opm expert so we have to wait for their counter argument

the ap gap is high, garou will probably use his speed and that his opponent attacks first since he does not know his enemy besides his combat style is mostly counterattack or attacks if he has enough knowledge of his enemy.

Shock rock is basically immune to pressure points, although energy attacks can be reflected initially but ben could overpower it by shaping his energy in a way that is less easy to redirect.

Garou would basically go on the defensive to try to find a gap or something (like throwing rocks at him or the like to distract him) but seeing that he can't do much then he will start trying to overwhelm his enemies and start to increase his power(I don't know if it would be enough to hurt him or not), but his speed and intelligence will slowly disappear so shock rock can incapacitate him

the ap gap is high, garou will probably use his speed and that his opponent attacks first since he does not know his enemy besides his combat style is mostly counterattack or attacks if he has enough knowledge of his enemy.

Shock rock is basically immune to pressure points, although energy attacks can be reflected initially but ben could overpower it by shaping his energy in a way that is less easy to redirect.

Garou would basically go on the defensive to try to find a gap or something (like throwing rocks at him or the like to distract him) but seeing that he can't do much then he will start trying to overwhelm his enemies and start to increase his power(I don't know if it would be enough to hurt him or not), but his speed and intelligence will slowly disappear so shock rock can incapacitate him
lmao speed equalized. Also isn’t reboot Ben pretty stupid? like how smart he is?

NLF for Garou to redirect omni-energy.

I vote Shock Rock for higher versatility (especially if Garou's intelligence starts disappearing), higher AP and eventually intelligence and for being to contain him in an energy cage which is in-character. Ben also has experience with beings that have reactive evolution.

>His adaptability can be overwhelmed with sufficient power if the gap is too high (Couldn't keep up with a serious Saitama in the end). Adaptation can make him trade speed for more strength, turning him into a mindless monster

I mean this version of Ben is silly but that does not mean that he isn't creative to defeat his enemies

NLF for Garou to redirect omni-energy.

I vote Shock Rock for higher versatility (especially if Garou's intelligence starts disappearing), higher AP and eventually intelligence and for being to contain him in an energy cage which is in-character. Ben also has experience with beings that have reactive evolution.
makes sense i assume your talking about the reboot version of ben right? since he doesn’t have a profile I dont really have a way of knowing his capablities compared to og Ben

Yeah at this point Ben's already outsmarting Vilgax and all (Spoilers: who's revealed to be an assistant of Azmuth and helped create the Omnitrix) and goes fully HAM against several aliens with a big reputation in the new movie so he's basically comparable to OS Ben, maybe even smarter and more creative... somehow , he even has several special moves now...

>His adaptability can be overwhelmed with sufficient power if the gap is too high (Couldn't keep up with a serious Saitama in the end). Adaptation can make him trade speed for more strength, turning him into a mindless monster

I mean this version of Ben is silly but that does not mean that he isn't creative to defeat his enemies.
Makes sense. So how many votes for shock rock?

Yeah at this point Ben's already outsmarting Vilgax and all (Spoilers: who's revealed to be an assistant of Azmuth and helped create the Omnitrix) and goes fully HAM against several aliens with a big reputation in the new movie so he's basically comparable to OS Ben, maybe even smarter... somehow.
woah woah even smarter than teenage ben? Also you never know even Vilgax may have become dumb. But ok you watched it not me so I can’t really say anything

woah woah even smarter than teenage ben? Also you never know even Vilgax may have become dumb. But ok you watched it not me so I can’t really say anything
Woah not teenage, just kid Ben, I'm talking Master Control kid Ben tho who's also extremely versatile and creative and all.

Also I barely watch it, but assistent of Azmuth is a better feat than OS Vilgax has sooooo.

Also to clarify why Garou can’t redirect the energy in my opinion is because regenerating from energy is better than regenerating from protons and electrons. Thus energy is harder to interact with since it is “smaller”. Garou can still redirect the solid energy constructs, but so can everyone else in Ben 10 since they’re solid and not every attack Shock Rock has is solid.

Oh and he has also has the mobility advantage.

Garou would basically go on the defensive to try to find a gap or something (like throwing rocks at him or the like to distract him)
wouldn't those Rocks thrown at shock rock be redirected back at Garou with Shock Rocks telekinesis (before being energy charged like he did to a bicycle (most likely blocked by forcefield)

Last edited:
Can't those Rocks thrown at shock rock be redirected back at Garou with Shock Rocks telekinesis (before being energy charged like he did to a bicycle
I mean at this point the rocks are just meant to be a distraction from what Oliver is saying and its not like Rocks will do much damage to either if them this is High 6A after all

I updated Shock Rock's page. For now I assume Omni-Kix and Omni-Naut Armor to be equal in strength unless proven otherwise by a Ben 10 writer or the show. Since Ben can apparently Omni-Kix (but not Omni-Naut I think, could be wrong tho) at will you can make him start in base and allow him to amp @Stupits, just make sure to Omni-Naut him in the case that he needs to face a flying opponent, unless said opponent will yeet him into space since Omni-Naut will automatically activate then.

I don't think this changes much for this fight since his Class G LS now scales to Omni-Kix and pseudo-flight still gives him the mobility advantage.

I updated Shock Rock's page. For now I assume Omni-Kix and Omni-Naut Armor to be equal in strength unless proven otherwise by a Ben 10 writer or the show. Since Ben can apparently Omni-Kix (but not Omni-Naut I think, could be wrong tho) at will you can make him start in base and allow him to amp @Stupits, just make sure to Omni-Naut him in the case that he needs to face a flying opponent, unless said opponent will yeet him into space since Omni-Naut will automatically activate then.

I don't think this changes much for this fight since his Class G LS now scales to Omni-Kix and pseudo-flight still gives him the mobility advantage.
that probs wont happen since there’s an air border and BFR isnt a wincon.

Last edited:
What's even the argument here?

I haven't seen anything that stops Garou from just reflecting his attacks, amping, and outskilling.

All that was mentioned was versatility (What versatility lol?), and intelligence which doesn't really matter here does it?

Garou is not going to be overwhelmed at all by a 3x AP gap either. And will become stronger and stronger the more damage he takes.

Last edited:
What's even the argument here?

I haven't seen anything that stops Garou from just reflecting his attacks, amping, and outskilling.

All that was mentioned was versatility (What versatility lol?), and intelligence which doesn't really matter here does it?

Garou is not going to be overwhelmed at all by a 3x AP gap either. And will become stronger and stronger the more damage he takes.
Greenshifter argued that garou reflecting the attacks is nlf iirc

Also to clarify why Garou can’t redirect the energy in my opinion is because regenerating from energy is better than regenerating from protons and electrons. Thus energy is harder to interact with since it is “smaller”. Garou can still redirect the solid energy constructs, but so can everyone else in Ben 10 since they’re solid and not every attack Shock Rock has is solid.

Oh and he has also has the mobility advantage.

I'm pretty sure WSRSF or some other techniques have been used against energy attacks, I will just need to find some scans.

Though, I don't really understand the first part of the argument saying that it's harder to reflect energy, but sure.

Mobility until Garou becomes faster, which he will if he somehow can't keep up with him? Garou's mobility in this form is quite insane as well.

I'm pretty sure WSRSF or some other techniques have been used against energy attacks, I will just need to find some scans.

Though, I don't really understand the first part of the argument saying that it's harder to reflect energy, but sure.

Mobility until Garou becomes faster, which he will if he somehow can't keep up with him? Garou's mobility in this form is quite insane as well.
speed equalized wont remove said mobility?

I don't believe so. By mobility I mainly meant that Garou is able to move with a lot of flexibility, move in mid air, and jump really high.

And with his evolution, he will become faster, meaning that Shock Rock's mobility advantage won't do much for long.

What exactly will kill Garou here btw? He has extremely fast low-mid regeneration/transformation and will just continue getting stronger if he's pushed significantly by Shock Rock. And don't forget the massive skill advantage Garou has against him, along with his info analysis and precog.

Edit: Garou isn't stupid. He's not going to use pressure points on a Rock lol. He's actually good at outsmarting/analyzing opponents too.

Last edited:
There is one question I have though, which is.. Can Shock Rock be defeated using physical strikes? His body almost looks like it's made out of energy, which makes me think it might not be possible for Garou to physically beat him. Unless he goes for the chest?

Shock Rock keeps his distance mostly during fights but I don't see his armor getting broken either he was able to overpower and has taken hits from Vilgax (in his first use who has 100 of years of experience being a conqueror of planets) he was solely introduced to face cosmic threats (enemies from space/outside of Earth) also need scan on WSRSF against non solid energy construct/weapons or else he's getting energy caged.

Shock Rock has Class G LS with his energy cage. Garou has Class M so he can’t get out and would get deprived of oxygen before he amps enough to get out, if he even can amp his LS that much since both his keys have Class M implying his AP increases much more than his LS.

Shock Rock has Class G LS with his energy cage. Garou has Class M so he can’t get out and would get deprived of oxygen before he amps enough to get out, if he even can amp his LS that much since both his keys have Class M implying his AP increases much more than his LS.
How does this energy cage work? As in how he gets him in it?

He resists telekinesis in this key. From a Class G and a weakened Class P.

He isn't dumb enough to get trapped in one like that either.

This is omni naut who is equal to if not greater/upscale than omni kix and has higher LS and Ben has shown Will power too he resisted mind control of High Override (Shock Rock species leader 2:08)

Higher than baseline Class G < Class G Scaling Chain from a high calculation (Which Garou resisted)

He also basically resisted Tatsumaki's TK, and she's Class P. Though she was significantly weakened.

Last edited:

It's from when Bang and bomb deflected Rover's energy blasts, no?

Garou himself has never deflected energy blast, but if Bang/Bomb can do it, he should be able to as well since his technique in this form is a superior version of many techniques, including both Bang and Bomb's combined.

Wouldn’t TK briefly work before he willpowers through tho? Enough for him to get energy caged. Although Shock Rock could eventually catch him off guard and play on the defensive so he doesn’t amp too much.

Fair on deflecting energy then. I still keep my vote, it’ll be hard for Shock Rock but his higher initial AP + Omni-Kix amp give him enough playroom to successfully execute the energy cage.

Wouldn’t TK briefly work before he willpowers through tho? Enough for him to get energy caged. Although Shock Rock could eventually catch him off guard and play on the defensive so he doesn’t amp too much.

Fair on deflecting energy then. I still keep my vote, it’ll be hard for Shock Rock but his higher initial AP + Omni-Kix amp give him enough playroom to successfully execute the energy cage.
He already resists Class G TK as AG, he adapted to it.

Energy Cage could work, but I don't see it working all of the time. Garou has great mobility, analytical prediction, and is smart enough to dodge it a lot of the time I think.

And if Garou gets in close I think it's pretty much over from there. The AP gap helps, but remember Garou is used to getting bodied by people like 10x stronger than him, his regeneration is quite crazy, and he has insane endurance. Along with that, he has his evolution, adaptation, etc to slowly close up that gap and increase his speed as well.