• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou (OPM) upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garou at his peak human powers is currently 7-A. I believe he should be high 7-A for the following reasons:

He one shot Overgrown Rover, a monster powerful enough to take the full attack of Bomb, Bang, Genos, and Fubuki. Bomb and Bang are already 7-A, and Genos is likely close to 7-A. Fubuki is a possible 7-B. Bang is strong enough to one shot Dragon level monsters like Gums and Fuhrer Ugly. These two are powerful enough to easily beat Genos. So Genos<<Gums/Ugly<<<<Bang<<<<<<Overgrown Rover<<<<<<Peak Human Garou. Mountain level only has a 10x gap. So I believe this is reasonable.

Are you sure the gap between mountain level is only 10x? I expected it to be much higher. Anyway, I not very knowledgeable about OPM so I can't give a good answer but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will show up.

Well then, just gotta wait for others who are knowledgeable about OPM to comment on this.

I don't doubt that Garou is likely significantly stronger than these other people.

Though let's be real, the best feat of all these people maxes out at City level. And now we're dealing Small Island upgrades.

Due to how absurdly above certain characters are compared to the other City levels and the comparatively small gap, it was deemed reasonable to make some people Mountain level as they clearly surpass them immensely.

But a tier jump via scaling is generous and something normally only done in extreme cases. So we're already treating Garou good by making him Mountain level. However 2 tier jumps via scaling is something I've never heard of before and seems a bit much IMO.

Maybe at At least Mountain level or something for him would suffice.

@Lord No one did any Small Island feat.

Garou beats someone who stomps someone who one shots someone who's stronger than someone who's stronger than someone who's stronger than someone who can one shot a guy.

Garou would only need to be at most 7x the last guy to be Mountain level. So we decided that jump is fair. However I don't think a second tier jump due to this concept of being so much stronger than others should be continued.

Ryukama said:
Though let's be real, the best feat of all these people maxes out at City level. And now we're dealing Small Island upgrades
I thought you meant they are getting Small Island Level upgrades that's why I asked.

Well I meant that they're getting suggested by OP to be Small Island.

Oh ok sorry for misunderstanding your comment but I thought Low 6-B was Small Island level, OP is asking for High 7-A which is Large Mountain level right or did we change that?.

Small Island and Large Mountain are the same thing. And it's High 7-A.

Low 6-B is Small Country level.

Small Island/Large Mountain < Island < Large Island < Small Country

High 7-A < 6-C < High 6-C < Low 6-B

My bad I meant Low 6-C not Low 6-B.

Alright then so the best thing Garou can get is At least Mountain level then?.

whew.. just got unbanned.

anyways, this is what i think.

Overgrown rover is FAR stronger than the combined might of two 7-A characters and one 7-B character (Fubuki is not a factor here, because she's pathetically weak). so at the VERY least, Bang and Bomb can each unleash 100 megaton attacks (likely more). genos can at the very least unleash 50 megatons (because in the beginning of the series, when he was much weaker, he did a 14 megaton feat almost effortlessly). Together that's 250 megatons. Overgrown rover didn't even noticed that much power. So he's likely about 500 megatons, since he should at least be twice as strong. Garou then proceeds to one shot Rover like nothing, so he's likely at least twice as strong as Rover. Which places him at about one gigaton, which is high 7-A. Don't forget that this is very lowballed. Thoughts?

No. Garou and all the others have zero Mountain feats. We gave him that rating scaling to him being absurdly more powerful than 7-Bs. That is already super generous.

We're not going to jump someone 2 whole tiers above what they have shown scaling to lesser characters.

I'm sorry. "At least Mountain level" is the most I'm willing to go with. Which is considerably more than we'd treat most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back