• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man Speed Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
I don't really know why I'm doing this because I hardly ever make speed revisions but recently I've noticed that many of our justifications for speed for the One-Punch Man profiles appear fairly circular or the ratings are inconsistent. I went over the profiles carefully last week to see where the major faults are and what possible solutions we could make to change them that would result in the best scaling for the characters.

So far, this is what I've got;

Issue 1: Removing Gums scaling to Genos

I prefer scaling characters to each other in speed when we have a scene of exchanging attacks. Usually just a single clash or attack isn't enough of a showing to accurately judge their capabilities.

In this case, what we have is Genos - whose attention is focused on Fuhrer Ugly in front of him - being tackled by Gums from the side and blocking his attack. This is the only interaction Genos and Gums shares aside from when Genos rushed Gums and incinerated his insides after Gums was just hit by Bang.

Gums is deceptively stealthy, like when how it snuck up on Pig God and swallowed him whole before he could do anything.

Since Genos was focused elsewhere and Gums is pretty stealthy, I think it'd be best if we removed Gums scaling to Genos and keep Gums scaling to Pig God who he has a protracted fight with instead.

Issue 2: Removing Homeless Emperor scaling to Tatsumaki

Homeless Emperor's light blasts currently scale to Tatsumaki in speed for chasing her around the sky.

The main issue here is that Tatsumaki is weakened after having just finished off Orochi with her biggest display of psychic energy yet. Just after this scene, Tatsumaki struggles to restrain Fuhrer Ugly and is overwhelmed by him.

Despite being in this weakened state, Tatsumaki could still outpace all of Homeless Emperor's attacks and is even swift enough to swap herself out for a decoy in the middle of his attack.

Issue 3: Scale Iaian to his own calc in the Monster Association arc

Iaian has his own High Hypersonic calc from the Monster Association arc that we can use to rate his speed directly.

Instead of indirectly scaling him to the likes of Psykos-Orochi's planet-slicing beams, this seems like a better foundational point for the speed scaling and it cuts out a great deal of circular scaling.

What is the end result of this if these changes are made? The scaling graph for the characters would look like this:

Yd7bsx9.png

Conclusion

This is by no means a perfect solution, and we'll still have more revisions afterwards to make sure that other characters have suitable ratings too - but this is a start.

Unless someone else can make a scaling graph using all the characters above that has no issues to it.

Last edited:
Wait
I thought the characters were MHS+ because of Weakened Psykorochi's beams and not the planet slicing feat, am I missing something?
Either way, I agree with most of this stuff but I'll comment on them later

Wait
I thought the characters were MHS+ because of Weakened Psykorochi's beams and not the planet slicing feat, am I missing something?
Either way, I agree with most of this stuff but I'll comment on them later
I'm not entirely sure which calc we use for Weakened Psykos' beams. Psykos has this calc on her page. But the verse page has this calc.

Either way, I don't think it'd make a lot of sense for every one of those characters up above to be as fast as Psykos' attacks. Not many characters scale directly to those.

I agree with all the points made here.

1. Gums doesn’t have much of any speed feats that put him on Genos’ level.

2. Homeless Emperor not scaling to Tatsumaki makes sense too cause she was weakened and Tatsumaki was shown to pretty casually maneuver out of HE massive onslaught as well.

3. Iaian scaling to his own calc rather than to Psykoorochi’s speed sounds like better grounded justification to me so I agree with that as well.

While were at it damage could we remove the High Hypersonic calc that we currently use for Boros's released stated?

It still uses the 13 ms reaction time that we no longer use for calcs anymore

I don't know who we could scale him to or replace his speed scaling with though

Will take care of that another time.
I really see no reason why it has to wait as this is a speed revision already dealing with multiple characters

We could just scale him to supersonic+ and leave the actual scaling to a different thread as I believe that's the part that would be contentious

I really see no reason why it has to wait as this is a speed revision already dealing with multiple characters

We could just scale him to supersonic+ and leave the actual scaling to a different thread as I believe that's the part that would be contentious
there is already a thread that's open and near accepted (it's currently buffering and will probably go through right after this thread is applied) that'll upscale armored Boros from the new Iaian high hypersonic+ calc anyways
no point in changing it from hh+ to supersonic+ back to hh+ in the span of like 2 seconds 🗿
things will be handled

there is already a thread that's open and near accepted (it's currently buffering and will probably go through right after this thread is applied) that'll upscale armored Boros from the new Iaian high hypersonic+ calc anyways
no point in changing it from hh+ to supersonic+ back to hh+ in the span of like 2 seconds 🗿
things will be handled
I was unaware

Good that it's finally being taken care of

As far as I understand the speed scaling nobody but Tatsumaki and Genos during his 10 Second Mode scaled to the MHS+ Psykorochi beam while the rest scaled to the MHS Psykojet beams

I'm not entirely sure which calc we use for Weakened Psykos' beams. Psykos has this calc on her page. But the verse page has this calc.

Either way, I don't think it'd make a lot of sense for every one of those characters up above to be as fast as Psykos' attacks. Not many characters scale directly to those.
We're currently supposed to use this calc for her speed, yes.

Anyway, I agree with the OP, because these characters were actually supposed to downscale from Psykos' attacks in the thread where that calc was partially implemented. Their ability to dodge these beams can just be a supporting feat, I guess.

However, PsykoJet and Drive Knight would get MHS attack speed with beams.

Last edited:
This makes me think of how convenient it would be if we had some sort of charting algorithm that could just show every scaling chain and show exactly what happens when you change something in it, as well as instantly reveal circular scaling
it’s probably never happening but, how convenient that would be

True. Just got to do to it manually. I try to create scaling charts like this whenever I approach a new revision project nowadays.

Well, I suppose we can get started now
Thread's been accepted, yeah.

I'll draft together some changes for the profiles as I want to include references in the justifications when I update the pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back