• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garchomp Slight Speed Downgrade

LordXcano

VS Battles
Retired
It's listed as Hypersonic due to being "as fast as a jet fighter", but no jet is this fast. The fastest fighter jet we have is the Blackbird, which caps out at Mach 2.88. There have been hypersonic aircraft, but most are meant for space travel and experimental one-shots at best. Literally only 5 aircraft have hit hypersonic speeds even just once, and two of those were unmanned, Hypersonic fighter jets fall into the same category, being purely experimental and hypothetical right now.

Here are all the aircraft that have gone hypersonic:

The reason the first 3 don't meet the requirements for the world record in flight speed is because they were all flown near the edge of space. They are more orbital craft than they are traditional aircraft. The last 2 weren't even manned. Now, hypersonic aircraft are in development, but they are just being conceptualized as of right now.

Well, currently working on Sun and Moon re-scaling (I mean, did you see Guzma-Lusamine-Faba curcular reasoning? Eww)

But, I think that the speed change is not that bad

Mach 2.88 just makes Supersonic+ in terms of speed.

As for what this means, Garchomp's speed should be downgraded to Supersonic+ in speed. We also know from LordX's post that Hypersonic jet planes are still quite a ways away at this point.

So, are we okay with the proposed changes? Perhaps the changes can be made soon. All of the Hypersonic stats listed in the above profiles would be changed to Supersonic+ in terms of speed, correct?

Will wait for a couple more hours for people to lend their thoughts, however.

I will have to revise the speeds for 4 and 6 generations, but it's not a big change.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Well, currently working on Sun and Moon re-scaling (I mean, did you see Guzma-Lusamine-Faba curcular reasoning? Eww).
I have revised the speeds. You are right about the scaling, but the problem is that in that region the Hitmon's, Abomasnow, Camerupt and Tyranitar are not used by all the trainers before the Battle Tree, if one of these Pokémon was used in the storyline it could have made things easier.

Lol, i only listed it as Hypersonic as the past Garchomp page before we decided to gt rid of the pokemon species pages listed him as hypersonic

Back