• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with SNI, Gilgamesh has to play perfectly and not slip up to not be offed by Ganon, with Blazing Bats that are too strong to kill, invisibility, teleportation, and just overall being able to kill right away.

@cal

Invisibility doesn't do much when Gilgamesh always knows the most optimal move to make.

Enkidu shuts down teleportation.

As I've said, I know Ganon fairly well, but I don't know jack shit about Gilgamesh, so I am going off his abilites on his profile.

I also noticed he has supernatural luck, or whatever that means, he could just stall the battle, if he gets so lucky to avoid his attacks.

Minor fate manip, Clairvoyance and precog should also be able to stall the battle until EA is charged.

All I do know is that once EA is activated Ganon really stands no chance, because it's a holy weapon (or so I remmber it) that most certainly far outlcasses the master sword.

@Unholy

Ea really doesn't take that long to charge.

All he has to say is Enuma Elish before firing it. It's always dragged out in the anime and games for dramatic effect, just like Excalibur.

Gil's supernatural luck is mainly there to potentially allow him to survive attacks like Gáe Bolg, which twists causality to always strike the heart, moving the spear off center so that it doesn't kill him.

Gil also has a space-destroying axe that he enjoys using and has numerous homing weapons.

Reppuzan said:
@Unholy

Ea really doesn't take that long to charge.

All he has to say is Enuma Elish before firing it. It's always dragged out in the anime and games for dramatic effect, just like Excalibur.

Gil's supernatural luck is mainly there to potentially allow him to survive attacks like Gáe Bolg, which twists causality to always strike the heart, moving the spear off center so that it doesn't kill him.

Gil also has a space-destroying axe that he enjoys using and has numerous homing weapons.
Well then if Ganon doesn't pull off a BFR or some other Hax Gilga isn't resistant too he wins because putting Ganon against holy users is like bringing Saitama to a haxfest.

@Unholy

Yeah, that reminds me. Gilgamesh's treasury is filled with a nigh-infinite number of Holy Swords and Demonic Swords.

This includes Holy "Swords" like Harpe, which negate any kind of healing outside of natural ones and nullifies immortality.

He also has Merodach, a prototype of Caliburn (a Holy Sword) which is on par with the light of the greatest Holy Sword in the Nasuverse. He loves to show this one off too.

The Sword of Sages only hurt him when he was mortal and nowhere near as strong as he is with the Triforce of Power/Full Triforce.

Dust Collector said:
The Sword of Sages only hurt him when he was mortal and nowhere near as strong as he is with the Triforce of Power/Full Triforce.
Really? I am Quite positive the triforce of power awakened when he was impaled, but I am not sure how he got it in the first place.

But still though, EA should be superior to the master sword, even TF Ganon can be killed without silver arrows through a glitch or something.

TriforcePower1 said:
He didn't even have the ToP when the sages executed him (read: sealed him away in panic)
The whole thing doesn't make any sense though.

But now that I think about it, the proof favors that Ganon didn't have it.

He would have had to enter the sacred realm, but in child timeline he was caught and "executed" before he could do it.

You mean the sword crafted by the Goddes Hylia, that was imbued in the flames of the 3 Golden Goddesses that created the entire Zelda verse making it the second strongest thing in the verse, that can also repel evil and was created EXACTLY to counter Ganon (Demise). And despite that, Link upgrades it even further in ALTTP just to have a chance to defeat him. EE is OP, but the MS is not that far behind, and 5-A swords are going to do nothing to High 4-C Ganon

TriforcePower1 said:
You mean the sword crafted by the Goddes Hylia, that was imbued in the flames of the 3 Golden Goddesses that created the entire Zelda verse making it the second strongest thing in the verse, that can also repel evil and was created EXACTLY to counter Ganon (Demise). And despite that, Link upgrades it even further in ALTTP just to have a chance to defeat him. EE is OP, but the MS is not that far behind, and 5-A swords are going to do nothing to High 4-C Ganon
Ummm what is EE?

Also I thought Ganon was weak to any kind of holy magic or weapons?

@Unholy

EE is shorthand for Existence Erasure.

Also, Enkidu is designed to bind gods who have all sorts of reality warping hax.

@Triforce

It can destroy the bodies of beings who lack a concept of death and ignores durability by ripping through space-time.

Arrows of light are usually also used to stun Ganon, and Silver arrows also damage him AND can kill him(may be remembering wrong, correct me if that's the case).

These ain't powerful items blessed in all the boons of the Goddess or anything like that, yet one can stun the guy, the other can outright kill him. What exactly is stopping Gil from using similar weapons?

And made by who, exactly? And who also made the Silver Arrows? The Master Sword is easy enough to understand, but unless there's some connection raised between the Goddesses and these two artifacts, their power is not exactly the only option.to damage Ganon.

Again, the only thing we know is that Silver Arrows are... Silver. If by Lore they aren't some high enchanted weapon and there's no provided reason why they can damage Ganon, I'm just supposed to assume is unlike anything Gil could ever find in his treasury?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
And made by who, exactly? And who also made the Silver Arrows? The Master Sword is easy enough to understand, but unless there's some connection raised between the Goddesses and these two artifacts, their power is not exactly the only option.to damage Ganon.

Again, the only thing we know is that Silver Arrows are... Silver. If by Lore they aren't some high enchanted weapon and there's no provided reason why they can damage Ganon, I'm just supposed to assume is unlike anything Gil could ever find in his treasury?
Silver arrows are just silver arrows, in Japanese folklore Demons were kille dwith silver or some shit and since Ganon is a demon they made him vulnerable agiasnt it, untill Silver arrows got replaced by light arrows because INCONSISTENCY!

Being near a guy who can one-shot you by just breathing isn't exactly a good idea either, lol.

So Ganon can win via BFR (maybe), conceptual manipulation and transmutation (and sheer AP, maybe).

The King of Heroes can win with Reinhard spear.

Have I got it right? (should be noted that 5-A Holy swords aren't going to do anything to High 4-C Ganon)

Now If I remember correctly there was a thread around here claiming conceptual manipulation in Zelda is pretty poorly dispalyed. it hasn't shown any Deus Ex machina moments so far or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back