• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game Sonic CRT... But It's Mostly Abilities!

Optional Equipment Tabber

Practically all of these characters will be getting an Optional Equipment tabber from this revision for organizational purposes and such.

Optional Equipment Additions

Chao + Abilities
With Chao: Statistics Amplification (With Cheezlet and Blayze, attacks do much more damage), Damage Reduction (With Velk and Gibber, damage from attacks are greatly reduced), Healing (With Stebsly and Joy, vitality is regenerated over the course of a fight), Resurrection (With Ovus, their partner is automatically brought back up to three times in one battle), Probability Manipulation (With Koolet, Belgog, Fimbley, and Stugs, enemy attacks have a greater chance of missing. Churdle and Oldarg give a higher chance of hitting the opponent. Keroyo increases the chance of an enemy fleeing. Spartoi grants a chance to instantly knock out the opponent with every attack done), Shield Creation (Can make passive shields of fire, water, wind, lightning, and earth that stay even after being hit), Elemental Manipulation (Can imbue his attacks with fire, water, wind, lightning, earth, and ice), and Damage Transferal (With Pooki, damage taken is split between teammates).

Note: This'll be implemented to playable characters shown that can equip them from Sonic Chronicles.

Forcejewels + Abilities
With Forcejewels: BFR, Barrier Creation (Can create barriers for a limited amount of time that others can't pass), Teleportation (Can teleport others to himself, teleport himself to others, swap places with an opponent, or teleport himself or others to a random location), Body Puppetry (Can force an opponent to move or use their items)

Note: This'll be given to the playable characters of Sonic Shuffle I hate saying that title .

Base Forms

Lifting Strength
"At least Class K" Lifting Strength for most characters aside from the fodder, scaling from Sonic toppling over the Egg Golem. Also scaling from Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy halting the Riot Train locomotive in Sonic Shuffle.

Resistance Additio
Resistance to Gravity Manipulation

Note: All characters from the original Sonic Riders that were present in the fight with Master Core: ABIS get this, as they were unaffected by the Black Hole within their final battle.

Color Powers
Deconstruction (With Indigo Asteroid)

Jade Ghost: As the Jade Ghost, [Character] is able to turn himself invisible and enables him to move around without being visibly detected by opponents. The Jade Ghost also makes [Character] intangible, thus allowing him to pass through obstacles and avoid unwanted attacks. In addition, the Jade Ghost allows [Character] to hover slightly above ground when using its power.

Note: All of the characters who have access to the Jade Ghost gets this tagged into their NA&T, and likewise for those who have Indigo Asteroid.

All Super Forms
Invulnerability (Both Super Sonic and Super Shadow are officially described as indestructible and invulnerable respectively. Super Forms are often shown to be immune to physical attacks from various enemies, such as the Doomsday Zone Robot, Perfect Chaos, and the Time Eater)

Note: Between all of the showing of the Super Forms, there have only been four instances in which bosses bypass it. Dark Gaia, Egg Salamander Phantom King, and Solaris. So while one could argue it disputes that fact, I'd argue they would have Invulnerability Negation due to Super Forms being unharmed by attacks being far more consistent than them actually being harmed.

Dark Gaia AP Update
At least 5-A (Managed to shatter the planet while greatly weakened to the point that it couldn't support its own weight) | At least 5-A (Vastly stronger than before, as it absorbed the vast amount of energy that Werehog Sonic held. Could contend with both Light Gaia and Super Sonic, although it was slowly overwhelmed)

Note: Simply an AP justification update for Dark Gaia (and Perfect Dark Gaia), in which the 5-As scale from. So I guess you can consider this an AP "upgrade", though it's only through context that's missing.

Sonic (Complete)

• A Werehog Key addition
Profile Blog.

Classic Super Sonic (Complete)

Tails (Complete)

• Chao
  • Forcejewels
Super Tails

Knuckles (Complete)

• Chao
  • Forcejewels
Hyper Knuckles

Amy (Complete)

• Chao
  • Forcejewels
Big (Complete)

• Chao
  • Forcejewels
Cream (Complete)

• Chao
Shadow (Complete)

• Chao
  • Defensive Aura (While using his boost technique, Shadow creates an aura that coats him and allows him to barrel into enemies and obstacles with no repercussions)
  • Aura, Heroic/Evil Empowerment, and Invulnerability (By feeling strong emotions of either heroism or villainy, Shadow is granted uninhibited access to his Chaos Powers and is immune to harm for a limited time)
  • Limitless Stamina for the above
Super Shadow

E-123 Omega (Complete)

• Chao
Rouge the Bat (Complete)

• Chao
Silver (Complete)

Super Silver

Blaze the Cat (Complete)

• Defensive Aura (While using her boost technique, Blaze creates an aura that coats her and allows her to barrel into enemies and obstacles with no repercussions)
Burning Blaze

Super Mighty & Super Ray (Complete)

Dr. Eggma (Complete)

• Chao
Metal Sonic (Complete)

• Defensive Aura (While using his boost technique, Metal Sonic creates an aura that coats him and allows him to barrel into enemies and obstacles with no repercussions)
  • Invulnerability (With Sonic Boom, which he was capable of copying from Sonic)
Shade the Echidna (Complete)

• Chao
E-102 Gamma (Complete)

• Forcejewels
Solaris

• AP Update: "Superior to the Egg Wizard. It was stated that Solaris could eat dimensions for lunch, and would consume all existing timelines)"
Conclusion
Uh... Yep, that's about it. Huge thanks to Maverick, Shadow, Violet, and all the beautiful people that helped bring this along. Many thanks!

Egg Wizard doesn't really damage the super forms, that's the Egg Salamander.

I don't think the "At least" for Base Sonic is necessary but everything else looks great.

The Phantom King from Mania is the one missing that can harm Super Sonic, otherwise I agree

Also since this is the best place I would like to add a key for Super Metal from Mania Adventures similar to Mecha Sonic, also Metal would need the part that says that his Overdrive attack quadrupules his speed in his profile

Here is Tysson Hesse tweet explaining it

Chao seem like outside help. I'm also not really keen on giving them Force Jewels for the same reason I don't give Mario characters Mario Party items. And I'm pretty sure they resisted gravity due to the Arc of the Cosmos. Sonic's been one shot by pseudo black holes before after all.

I'm neutral on the invulnerability stuff but that's subject to change, and not for the better.

I can agree with the rest though.

They didn't have the Ark of the cosmos when fighting Master Core Abis, it had stollen them before it

The Chao aren't more outside help them the wisps for example, they are simply acting like power ups, we don't separate Cream and Cheese for example

Also the Regenerationn in the blog should be aplied to all characters in Team Sonic Racing as well, not just Sonic, also Mighty and Ray as well

The real cal howard said:
Chao seem like outside help. I'm also not really keen on giving them Force Jewels for the same reason I don't give Mario characters Mario Party items. And I'm pretty sure they resisted gravity due to the Arc of the Cosmos. Sonic's been one shot by pseudo black holes before after all.

I'm neutral on the invulnerability stuff but that's subject to change, and not for the better.

I can agree with the rest though.
Chao aren't outside help, it's a chunk of the game that's introduced and (I believe) is even referenced in the story itself. They act as your companions to pick and choose up to 3 of them at one time. Also, again, why can't Mario characters get MP items exacly? Because Shuffle actually has a story if that's the comparison you're making, and the game is referenced in future stuff as well. Also as theuser said, they didn't have the Ark of The Cosmos on them when fighting ABIS. It was yoinked from them.

Why? Because it'll be harder for him to get AP stomped? OvO

Exactly, they're companions. It would be like giving Link access to Midna and Navi.

The first four Mario Party games had a story, so that's not the point. If anything, MP is more canon than SS as it gave us the recurring character Waluigi and solidified how Daisy would look. Optional Equipment should be something that a person can reasonably get in a combative situation, not something that you randomly pick up in a Party game.

Then what was powering the skateboards? That's not rhetorical btw, I don't know what would be if the Ark wasn't.

The Extreme Gears have nothing to do with the Ark of the Cosmos play the first Riders Cal

We allow Cream to have Cheese, it's the same for the other characters.

Exactly, they're companions. It would be like giving Link access to Midna and Navi.
Bad comparison.

They're companions with the sole purpose of boosting the characters stats, they aren't things that decide to tag around and hang out. They're hatched by you to aid you, they aren't Chao found in the wild that you decide to capture.

Neutral about the equipment and invulnerabilty stuff, ok about the lifting strength upgrade, color powers, resistances and the other stuff.

Not sure about Sonic getting an at least since he needed help with the Avatar to defeat Infinite, but if eventually at least is decided then i would say a key could be fine to show that he progressed and it might scale to End of Forces Avatar [Since Sonic respected his strength] and potentially End of Forces Shadow since the two are always shown to be comparable [Sonic needed a powerup to defeat Shadow in Generations].

I recall that Devil Doom and Metal Overlord only pushed back and made lose rings to the super characters and not precisely injured them [though Overlord can trap super one char. and the ouch can be heard], curiously Sonic X Super Forms were also said to be invulnerable.

The first four Mario Party games had a story, so that's not the point. If anything, MP is more canon than SS as it gave us the recurring character Waluigi and solidified how Daisy would look. Optional Equipment should be something that a person can reasonably get in a combative situation, not something that you randomly pick up in a Party game.

Then what was powering the skateboards? That's not rhetorical btw, I don't know what would be if the Ark wasn't.
We'll Link has access to Fi just saying

@Oblivion It's not even that.

You hatch the Chao and it doesn't leave you unless you decide to let it go. They're companions that are literally bor to be companions, not companions you find. That's the difference.

@Cal If they were randomly found in the wild, I'd agree with it being outside help. But that isn't the case.

Fi's Link's sword. Not the same.

Sonic's not Brock. His gimmick isn't being a breeder. Like are we supposed to give John Wick his puppy?

(That last sentence was a joke)

Fi is still a separate companion that is part of Link's arsenal.Chao would be like Pokémon to a Trainer that would be in his arsenal

Albeit Sonic being a Pokémon trainer is something I wanna see ovo

@Cal The point was to mention that they're not just something that can be shrugged off as "outside help" as if he found couldn't reasonably have them. They're staples of the game that have an in-universe reason for being with you throughout.

Sonic's gimmick isn't being a time-stopper or space-warper either, does that invalidate his use of Chaos Control? Also yes, Sonic should be a Pokemon trainer!

I think chao work better as optional equipment due to them not being a thing he constantly has on him, like wisps and the RPG stuff.

From what I remember of the RPG games the chao abilities just sorta happen, like the one that makes you randomly one shot dudes, the ones that give you resistances, the healing ones. I don't think they really had active abilities.

Depends on the Chao and their abilities.

Some have good chances of activating, some have buffs that are constant passives, some heal periodically, etc.

The chao abilities referenced in the OP are from chronicles

I don't think that just drilling through the ground counts as earth manip with regards to drill wisp though.

Really?

But burrowing is on the page for Earth Manip, hence the "Limited" bit. I even saw a profile or two use the same thing, although I forgot whom

Idk about mid regen off of that, but my gripe with it is more general as opposed to just sonic.

Back