• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galer vs Alola: Dragon Type Edition

Both High 7-A

Ryuki gets Post-Game team

Raihan gets Champion
tournament Team

Ryuki here’s of another Dragon Trainer that is even better then him, so he goes to Galen to challenge him.

Rules of a Normal Pokemon Battle

No Dymax (Forgot how to spell it)

Fights in Raihans gym

Who Wins and Why?

Ryuki: 0

Raihan: 2

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Following, but I leave an input first.

Raihan starts with an AP advantage, as he's basically in the champion tier and Alola title challengers such as Ryuki are in-between the Elite 4 and the Champions.

I've never liked the whole "Raihan is champion level" thing. His profile and the scan explicitly state it's a rumor. It's not even speculation or analysis; it's a rumor. I'd say he's above E4 level since he can at least somewhat keep up with Leon, but I wouldn't call him blatantly champ level.

I've never liked the whole "Raihan is champion level" thing. His profile and the scan explicitly state it's a rumor. It's not even speculation or analysis; it's a rumor. I'd say he's above E4 level since he can at least somewhat keep up with Leon, but I wouldn't call him blatantly champ level.
I agree

Fighting Leon is a feat that puts him far above almost every trainer not from galar. Raihan takes this one

Fighting Leon is a feat that puts him far above almost every trainer not from galar. Raihan takes this one
Leon has never been compared to any other champion outside of Galar as far as I'm aware of, so no, I have no idea where you got that conclusion from.

Leon has never been compared to any other champion outside of Galar as far as I'm aware of, so no, I have no idea where you got that conclusion from.
Beating lance and ash who beat kukui, gladion and many others and several statements of being the strongest trainer in the world

So we're anime cross scaling through Ash, who's team varies vastly each region? Neat. Leon's win over Lance could also just be attributed to his much better experience using Dmax, which is restricted here. You're also scaling Raihan to this because he just fought Leon? All he has to do is beat the other gym leaders to get to Leon, and he literally loses every time so I don't see why he's being scaled here. If you could show a few scans of the strongest trainer statements that would be welcomed.

So we're anime cross scaling through Ash, who's team varies vastly each region? Neat. Leon's win over Lance could also just be attributed to his much better experience using Dmax, which is restricted here. You're also scaling Raihan to this because he just fought Leon? All he has to do is beat the other gym leaders to get to Leon, and he literally loses every time so I don't see why he's being scaled here. If you could show a few scans of the strongest trainer statements that would be welcomed.
Cross scaling is fine in pokemon. He beat ash's pikachu who is his strongest pokemon usually. Leon didn't just outskill lance, he literally used charizard against gyarados. Raihans pokemon can at least last a while against him and can damage them

Here's the first statement
He is even 1st in the world championships
Another statement
Here as well

Basically leon fought against the strongest trainers in the world and raihan can at least damage his pokemon and survive and tank blows from them. He even had to make leon send out his charizard

I still don't think Raihan should be scaled to Leon, as making him send out his ace doesn't really mean crap. Why don't we just scale Ash to Tobias for taking out two of his mons despite the fact that he pretty much got stomped and needed his whole team to barely take out two of Ash's mons. I still disagree with Raihan being champion level, but he should take this anyways since he is at least above or around E4 level and that his team generally has more versatility due to being a fake ass dragon type trainer that branches off from a singular type and has a few non-dragon mons.

I still don't think Raihan should be scaled to Leon, as making him send out his ace doesn't really mean crap. Why don't we just scale Ash to Tobias for taking out two of his mons despite the fact that he pretty much got stomped and needed his whole team to barely take out two of Ash's mons. I still disagree with Raihan being champion level, but he should take this anyways since he is at least above or around E4 level and that his team generally has more versatility due to being a fake ass dragon type trainer that branches off from a singular type and has a few non-dragon mons.
Ash has definitely surpassed tobias, and why do you think surviving hits from leon's pokemon and being able to damage them isn't a feat?

Ash has definitely surpassed tobias,
Based on...?
and why do you think surviving hits from leon's pokemon and being able to damage them isn't a feat?
Because of the way Pokemon as a verse treats battling. Not having your mons one shot or damaging a mon isn't really immediate grounds for scaling, at least how it's treated in verse. If Leon was able take on a majority of Leon's team, then yeah I suppose he'd downscale, but all you've told me is that he was able to not get one shot and that Leon used his charizard. Apologies if there's any explicit anime battles that I'm unaware of. I haven't been watching the anime a lot since X&Y.

Anyways, I'm not gonna sit here and argue on this anymore. We both agree that Raihan wins here anyways.

Back