• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galeem 2-A upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm going to have to be skeptical on this. There's no proof that Galeem affected an infinite number of timelines; that's just Viridi mentioning an infinite number of timelines philosophically. All the characters are depicted as simply being in the singular Smash Bros Universe.

Bobsican said:
doesn't mean it's an infinite amount. Like you'd need a planet-sized swarm to make it look more convincing, and even then, it's still finite.

Smash Bros consists of many sceneries containing the various locations taken from other Nintendo universes. And said places are based on places from other universes, but they aren't the same thing as other universes. Smash Bros is its own universe with various cameos.

We don't know enough about what the hell's going on in the ending to make any accurate judgment, given that we both have statements about the spirits going to the "real world" and to their original world.

But the latter interpretation is hard contradicted by stuff like the WoL intro showing every characters in a single world before Galeem's attack.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
We don't know enough about what the hell's going on in the ending to make any accurate judgment, given that we both have statements about the spirits going to the "real world" and to their original world.

But the latter interpretation is hard contradicted by stuff like the WoL intro showing every characters in a single world before Galeem's attack.
If Galeem was shown stretching beyond the single universe in the cutscene, I'd be more convinced, but even then it would just be plain 2-C at best, more likely.

I don't see anything beyond Low 2-C but considering there are possible hints of Purgatorio or WoD being separate universes, then an At least Low 2-C rating might be okay.

How it´s contradicted? It´s clear that they were preparing after the free time they had post Smash 4.

Also, the way those statements go clearly indirectly imply that they are not connected in the same verse.

You mean total non-fighters like the animal crossing characters shown after Kirby escape? Those guys preparing for combat?

Also stop using expressions like "it's clear that [...]" when talking about things that are pure speculations from your part.

All I can see from this is "Low 2-C, likely/possibly higher" as the appropriate change, cause we don't enough proof even from lore and quotes.

You mean total non-fighters like the animal crossing characters shown after Kirby escape? Those guys preparing for combat?
Of course, we can clearly see in Villager´s trailer that he accepted and wasn´t just forced to or something, same thing with Isabelle.

Gotta go to sleep, it´s getting late where I am, I´ll go back tomorrow.

How is that supposed to convince us that Galeem's 2-A?

Willing to go versus Being forced to doesn't really change the general situation.

I feel like this thread needs to be closed after I saw "pretty much everyone" above.

Can someone please do the honor of decapitation before more nonsensical statements arrive?

2-C is mainly for Purgatorio. I'm not sure what is World of Darkness since I finished the game yet.

But I think that Galeem taking clones and spirits from other universes (obviously not all universes), especially given that Japanese used "sekai" instead of universe, and that word is pretty generic and it could easily mean "reality" in this context, is still a good supporting feat.

@Triforce Cept that wasn't stated anywhere. Galeem taking the spirits from other universes was never stated nor even hinted. As I said before, the cinematic shows the characters existing in the same world, not just waiting around in their own world. It's some semi-widespread speculation, but nothing more.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Yeah I gotta agree with Saikou and the others against this.

2-A is wank.
Follow up on my last comment and have someone do the honors, then? I don't think this thread was made with good enough consideration of "clear" vs "speculated"

@Saikou, Dragopentling Okay I agree with you guys, but get rid of that attitude. Refuting Bobsican's arguments can be done in a more harmless manner boys.

It's not the first time I've had to deal with Bob's own "my speculation = fact" attitude. Excuse me for being a little annoyed with his stubbornness with that.

Then address it somewhere else and not during an argument. Bobsican seems like a cool guy from the things I saw of him. I'm sure he will listen and consider it if you address it to him in a professional manner.

MYHERO said:
@Saikou, Dragopentling Okay I agree with you guys, but get rid of that attitude. Refuting Bobsican's arguments can be done in a more harmless manner boys.
Yea sry about that, I was annoyed like Saikou was, but I did try to be polite about it to a certain point until it became repetitive. I swear, though, I wasn't trying to be mean to him, and I could've easily said way worse stuff, though, but thankfully that didn't happen. I've seen Bobsican in other threads too and I thought he is a good guy, but I couldn't stand up for the repetitiveness of the argument.

Yeah I'm against this as well. Too much speculation, and not enough hard evidence.

Claiming that any character should be 2-A is a big argument to make, and for something like that you'd need a direct feat or statement at the very least.

Yeah, I'm With Saikou here. Fully disagree with the upgrade as Galleem hasn't shown to affect infinite universes.

It's not the first time I've had to deal with Bob's own "my speculation = fact" attitude. Excuse me for being a little annoyed with his stubbornness with that.
I mean, I never said it was a fact, just solid hypothetically enought to guarrant a "Possibly" rating to fix it. Also seriously, for the AC part, just look this.

After all the stuff, even I have to accept that 2-A is just wank right now.

But 2-C is a must really FRA

I mean, I never said it was a fact, just solid hypothetically enought to guarrant a "Possibly" rating to fix it. Also seriously, for the AC part, just look this.

After all the stuff, even I have to accept that 2-A is just wank right now.

But 2-C is a must really FRA

I'm indifferent about it going to just 2-C, but I would still honestly say it's a stretch.

Just for something as simple as the range? That´s pretty solid if you ask me, is there even a reason to possibly object it?

Why not?

The way the refer to each other as if thy don´t come from the same verse, Galeem affecting Purgatorio, etc. is solid proof to grant something as simple as 2-C range.

That first part is, once again, contradicted by how all the characters are portrayed as being in the same place when Galeem attacks.

Only Purgatorio and the World of Darkness having two worlds are remotely valid for that, but even then, they're too vague for a solid tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back