• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galbatorix vs Cole Macgrath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resisted Sasha's tar, which can Mind Hax an Good portion of Empire City, a place with the population of a couple million people.

Couple million? Not bad.

That said, Galbatorix's mind manipulation is bolstered by his Eldunari. Eldunari basically contain the consciousnesses of dead dragons in them, and the wielder of them can effectively use the power of those dragons, which includes their mental power.

IIRC a single old, powerful dragon (which are the kind of Eldunari Gal has) mindhaxed ten thousand people or so, including mages with mental resistances. Galbatorix possesses several hundred old, powerful (albeit insane now) Eldunari at his disposal.

Probably gonna have Monarch to check me for correctness on that, but for now, 300 (hilarious lowball) x 10,000 = 3mil. or so, and that's on top of his own mental abilities.

In the meantime, how many of Cole's moves are conventional physical attacks? Electricity, blunt force trauma, stabbing, slashing, etc.

Same here, better ask Teen about the numbers.

About half of his attacks are Electricity, but his most dangerous and leading ones aren't.

Well, whichever ones are physical stuff like what I just listed are probably going to be blocked by Gal's wards. Mind you, the difference in AP and dura will mean that said wards will be somewhat more likely to fail him eventually, but they may be able to hold up for a while.

Thing about wards (and every other form of magic) in Inheritance is that they run on whatever stores of energy the user is capable of providing, and will last as long as the user has the energy to sustain them. Eldunari act as extra stores of energy and are capable of recharging themselves at a decent rate, so in the case of Galbatorix who has an absurd amount of them, those wards can stay up for a long time if the user simply cycles through their collection of Eldunari. Though, I don't know for certain how they would react to an attack that's an entire tier above something they could defend casually.

Gal has these wards set up to defend against physical attacks, burning, telekinesis (internally directed as well as externally), being converted into energy, and a few other things. He should have some for electricity, but my memory's too fuzzy to say for certain.

What does Cole usually start off with IC?

Cole usually leads with RSB, an attack that drains the target of the Neuro Electricity in it's system causing it to rip itself apart and then goes for the almighty Macro Quantum Black Hole.

What are the mechanics of that? Does he need physical contact for the drain, or can he do it from afar?

Also, Galbatorix usually leads with either mindhax or magic attacks like the Twelve Words of Death. Don't see the death words working, seeing as Cole's body apparently jumpstarts his heart if he's dead of natural causes, but he's more likely to lead with mindhax anyway.

Thing about his mindhax is that it also allows him to drain the energy of his victims, as a means of killing them as well as a means of fueling his spells. (Two birds, one stone) I see resistance to energy absorption on Cole's page, but how good is it?

He triggers a blast, said blast hits the enemy and drains.

Him draining Cole of his Neuroelectrity isn't an issue, only non Prime conduits have the problem.

Basically, Evil Cole is not reliant on neuroelectricty as his body is consisted almost entirely of Magma, basically, he can still absorb and use Neuro Electricity, but is not reliant on it.

Alright then. The energy drain is just one of the things Gal can do to someone, but I felt like clarifying early on whether or not it would work.

This outcome of this match will probably rely on whether or not Cole can resist Gal's mindhax, since the latter's more likely to start with that than not. Like I said, 3mil would be an immense lowball for the kind of potency Gal's mind manipulation has on it, so I'll wait for Teen (or someone else?) to clarify whether or not Cole could resist him.

In the meantime, I'm gonna go watch Prom clean house in the Doom VS Fiamma thread~

IIRC, Durza's mind hax was controlling the entire race of Urgals (but IDK how many of them there actually are) and Gal's mind hax is superior.

In terms of quality, what does the tar actually do? Because Gal's mind hax is pretty good. He can mess with your sense of time so a few hours seem like weeks, he can take control of your body, he can drive you insane or completely destroy your mind, he can make you think you're doing one thing when you're actually doing another, he can screw with your senses, he can create illusions that are indistinguishable from reality, etc

As for bio-electricity drain, uh... wards can probably protect him. Gal's basically got his wards set up so that nothing in the verse can actually get through, and there is both lighting and "drain X from the person" spells in the verse, so he probably has a ward to protect against that too.

Gal's energy drain basically involves forcing the person to give him their life/stamina once he's in their minds until they die. Nothing to do with neuro-electricity.

The Number of things Tar Can do

-Control the Body

-Drive a Person insane to the point of killing themselves if they're told

-illusions are also damn near indistinguishable, as Cole was unable to tell at all when he first encountered it before developing resistance.

Also, the potency itself, here's another good one

-Cole lolnoped The Mind Hax by the end of the game completely okay, then later said tar is taken, improved and made stronger and is used against Cole, which ends up working, only with Cole later devoloping a resistance and escaping it.

Just to be sure how do the wards work?

This tar. Does the chick who uses it control everyone at once, and is connected to everyone at once, or is it more like a "by proxy" thing where she gives the tar a set "instruction" like "cause illusions" and "cause insanity", and everyone who touches the tar has that happen to them?

Wards (and all magic) are basically coding. Galbatorix says in the ancient language "i cannot have electricity drained from me". Every time someone tries to do that, the wards draw on his strength to keep the electricity in place. But actually, now that I think about it, I doubt the Inheritance verse knows about neuro-electricity. So he might not have created a ward like that.

The Former

Thats fairly interesting actually.

Now I know voting on your own thread isnt allowed, but I'm leaning on inconclusive, dun dun duuuuuuuuuun

Because barring the mind hax, Gal does have other ways to deal with his regen assuming he can survive the initial blast despite the AP and Dura disadvantage and assuming he does he has a chance of killing Cole before he gets broken down by the Black Hole

Does Gal have other ways to deal with the regen? Mind hax is might be the only one

And I'm pretty sure atomic annihilation is beyond the bounds of most wards. Unless you want to tell Galbatorix that quarks and electrons exist so he can assign them a True Name and make a ward to protect them.

ALTHOUGH... mass to energy conversions would not be beyond the bounds of his wards, considering that is something that can and does happen.

I assumed he did.....

Also, minor nitpick, but its not atomic, it's macro-Quantic

If Cole resists Gal's mind hax, Cole stomps because Gal has literally no other way to win.

If he doesn't resist, Gal mind haxes

That's what this boils down to

Monarch Laciel said:
If Cole resists Gal's mind hax, Cole stomps because Gal has literally no other way to win.

If he doesn't resist, Gal mind haxes

That's what this boils down to
Can't Gal make him have a stroke or serious brain damage?

@PaChi

Well, Cole has a pretty decent healing factor and his powers can restart his vitals after he's been dead for 5-6 minutes, so he can probably survive that.

Also, Beast Cole lacks organs, so, yeah.

What's the potency of Galbatorix's mindscrew?

Mind haxed 300+ (huge lowball) insane dragons, each of which can mind hax an army of people resistant to mind hax.

And in the IC verse, mind hax power tends to be equivalent to mind hax resistance, so Gal on his own -> mind haxes 300+ dragons (one at a time) and drives them insane, each of whom have the mind hax able to control a large army of people who are protected from mind hax, and thus equivalent mind hax resistance -> gains the strength of those dragons mind hax and adds it to his own.

So....

Are we sure so far on who's is better?

Because TBH I'm kinda having trouble trying to decide here.

It's really tough call, though it's kinda looking in Galbatorix's favor, though it's really hard to tell, since Empire City's population is estimated to be in the millions, and Cole later could fight resist a mindscrew that was superior to the one that took over Empire City.

Legit I'm actually curious as to why you're leaning on Gal

Not in a mean way, I'm just completely lost.

Cause of the whole combined power of hundreds of dragons who mindhaxed and army of mindhax resistors thing, though I don't know how to scale here

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Cause of the whole combined power of hundreds of dragons who mindhaxed and army of mindhax resistors thing, though I don't know how to scale here
This Vs.

Resisted the MindHax that Mindhaxed someone resistant to the Mind Hax of ten million people.

Consider me stumped......

Well the thing is that Empire City was mostly composed of humans, and a few Conduits thrown here and there, so that's why I don't know what to say to mindhaxing an army of mindhax resistors...

But then Cole resisted said mindhax, and then resisted mindscrew from a superior telapth and ugh.. too many moving parts

And this is the entire basis around this fight.

Either Gal Mind ***** and makes Cole his greatest slave or Cole absolutely destroys by virtue of being superior in literally every way and either RSBs or Black Holes.

Man what was I thinking....?

Well that fight isn't getting added because after having a talk with someone far more knowledgeable on To Aru then anyone who showed up on that thread Cole can't in fact drain him.

So it's not getting added, but we all know it's inconclusive.

AND THIS IS EVEN WORSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back