• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaara Vs The Sandman. A Dream match. (GRACE)

So I think the biggest thing here is that, Gaara is just a squishy human compared to Sandman. So a single solid blow ends the fight. So it becomes about if Sandman's sand control beats Gaara's sand control. Besides the fact that Sandman seemingly controls Sand to a much greater degree, Gaara seemingly has better lifting strength. Well he would if it wasn't the Sand Nation since that means Sandman can just absorb the entire desert.

Overall Gaara would need to overpower Sandman before he fuses with the desert and destroy his control node. All Sandman has to do with fuse with the desert, outlift Gaara and then hit him a single time to win.

This is my exact thought as well.

But sandman has insane Regen that Gaara can't really get pass, and is vastly superior in his versatility with sand.

Who's superior In Skill? I wanna say Gaara, but Sandy has more H2H Fights

I'll bite. I'll vote Sandman.

He's far more versatile with his ability to manipulate sand than Gaara is.

Gaara has no real way to put him down, as he could literally reform from a sole grain of sand.

And all sandman has to do is one tap Gaara, I Will say that Gaara as dealt with this pretty much his whole life as almost everyone he ever fights is physically superior to him. But sandman could just hide as a spec of sand in the village and suffocate Gaara.

Garaa is definitely more skilled. Tho in general, I am voting for Sandman for reasons provided above by others and also his regen and stuff.

Counted, but Is Gaara really more skill tho? I only really recall him learning taijustu in the anime but that was just filler.

Naruto characters in general are far more skilled. Sandman is skilled yes, but far from someone who can be comparable to a shinobi tier people.

Naruto characters in general are far more skilled. Sandman is skilled yes, but far from someone who can be comparable to a shinobi tier people.
Yes most of em, but Gaara usually doesn't hold his own in Taijustu against anyone.

Sandman has fought Spider-Man and the Thing, and I think Captain America (could be wrong) in H2H, all Master Martial artists.

Sandman's main deal here is his incredible versatily, his ability to oneshot Gaara and the fact all of the latter's techniques seem to be useless here.

Not only Sandman is, well, made of sand, but he can also absorb it and travel through it, being soaked or blasted with it won't do anything, and he may as well consume it to increase his size, strength and restore his health. I'd dare to say Sandman could even nullify Gaara's shield and armor by simply absorbing them.

The battleground is also quite an advantage, Sandman can laterally merge with the entire desert, become a colossal monster and attack Gaara from everywhere. Even Spider-Man and a bunch of allies managed to defeat "desert Sandman" by exploiting the weak spot of his brain-grain through an accurate plan they had already prepared.

Sandman has fought Spider-Man and the Thing, and I think Captain America (could be wrong) in H2H, all Master Martial artists.
Sandman isn't really the type of guy to do martial arts, but all the mentioned characters eventually fall short because of his intangibility, regen and versatility, since he is quite cunning and experienced in using his powers for many purposes.
It must also be said that 90% of the times Sandman gets defeated is because of the exploitation of one of his weaknesses, as otherwise neither heroes nor villains were able to deal with him face to face.

Sandman isn't really the type of guy to do martial arts, but all the mentioned characters eventually fall short because of his intangibility, regen and versatility, since he is quite cunning and experienced in using his powers for many purposes.
It must also be said that 90% of the times Sandman gets defeated is because of the exploitation of one of his weaknesses, as otherwise neither heroes nor villains were able to deal with him face to face
Good point. So neither of them have an advantage in H2H.

Is this a vote for Sandman?

Because it seems based on burying people under sand or encasing then into sand constructs, all things that don't work on Sandman because of his powers.

Because it seems based on burying people under sand or encasing then into sand constructs, all things that don't work on Sandman because of his powers.
Gaara can increase the Sealing power and resilience of the material by adding various sealing tags. Gaara's sand LS is also superior, where even sand absorption is insufficient to reach him.

naruto_556_13.jpg

Can you show me the scan where it's said his sand can't be absorbed? Because these seals here apparently only make the construct thicker, at least according to that scan.

Also, Gaara having higher LS means nothing in this context, because Sandman literally merges himself with sand, which then falls under his control.

Because these seals here apparently only make the construct thicker, at least according to that scan.
How did you get this from the scan? It only said that the water won't seep through with the amount of sand gaara used, it had nothing to do with the sealing properties of the tags.
Also, Gaara having higher LS means nothing in this context, because Sandman literally merges himself with sand, which then falls under his control.
Regarding this, gaara controls sand by mixing it with his chakra. Reading through the thread, I'm beginning to wonder why y'all think sandman is going to absorb his sand. Gaara might as well just pour chakra into sandman and control him as well.

No because Sandman can also fly
He doesn't really reach high altitudes by flying, but he can still extend himself, turn into a widespread sandstorm or even just grow to enormous size.
He can already reach the size of buildings without taking any additional sand, while merging with pools of sand, let alone an entire desert, allows him to become this big and also occupy an area as large as the whole sahara.

How did you get this from the scan? It only said that the water won't seep through with the amount of sand gaara used, it had nothing to do with the sealing properties of the tags.
I didn't look at the scan very well, now I see them forming a barrier.
Still, does Gaara carry the seals? His file doesn't say anything and I couldn't find info on Narutopedia either.
Also, that scan shows a bunch of people throwing several seals at the same time, allowing them to rapidly form a barrier, but that was because of their numbers.
Here, Gaara is alone, and Sandman wouldn't just stay still while he jumps around throwing kunais.
Also, does the barrier reach below the ground? Because Sandman can very well escape from there.

Regarding this, gaara controls sand by mixing it with his chakra. Reading through the thread, I'm beginning to wonder why y'all think sandman is going to absorb his sand. Gaara might as well just pour chakra into sandman and control him as well.
It depends both on who's got the better control on sand (Gaara's chakra or Sandman's brain waves), but also how much sand can Gaara effectively control.
As said, Sandman can grow to gigantic size, and the battlefield used here allows him to become as large as the area covered in sand.

Even if he absorbs Gaara's chakra-infused sand and realizes he doesn't have control on it (assuming it goes this way), he can still release it and use all the other sand at his disposal. Like, even if he ends up not being able to control it, Sandman can still merge and defuse with it at will, as he always does.
And remember that Sandman has great control over his whole mass, in the blog linked on his file you can find several examples of him talking to people while the rest of him acts, or forming multiple limbs or heads.
And although he stopped doing it in the comics, he should still be able to split himself in multiple people, and he might do it were the situation require it.

I must also add that sealing isn't too much of a reliable option either.
Sandman only needs a single grain to be free, and as long as he is connected to sand on the ground, he can pretty much travel wherever he wants, or spawn limbs and such. Say that he gets targeted by the Desert Layered Imperial Funeral Seal, he can very well escape through the sand itself before it gets compressed, scatter himself through the air, slither through or underground and so on. The same works with the Prison Sand Burial.
There's also to consider the range of such sealings, because it's entirely possible that they end up enclosing just a portion of Sandman-

Also, that scan shows a bunch of people throwing several seals at the same time, allowing them to rapidly form a barrier, but that was because of their numbers.
Here, Gaara is alone, and Sandman wouldn't just stay still while he jumps around throwing kunais.
Also, does the barrier reach below the ground? Because Sandman can very well escape from there.
Madara vs the 5 kage. Right before madara used the perfect susano, gaara was trying to seal him with his sand. The sand also contained the tags.
Well, if it's not on his profile there's nothing I can do about it.
The barrier should definitely go underground as well, otherwise whoever he sealed will escape from there.
It depends both on who's got the better control on sand (Gaara's chakra or Sandman's brain waves), but also how much sand can Gaara effectively control.
As said, Sandman can grow to gigantic size, and the battlefield used here allows him to become as large as the area covered in sand.

Even if he absorbs Gaara's chakra-infused sand and realizes he doesn't have control on it (assuming it goes this way), he can still release it and use all the other sand at his disposal. Like, even if he ends up not being able to control it, Sandman can still merge and defuse with it at will, as he always does.
And remember that Sandman has great control over his whole mass, in the blog linked on his file you can find several examples of him talking to people while the rest of him acts, or forming multiple limbs or heads.
And although he stopped doing it in the comics, he should still be able to split himself in multiple people, and he might do it were the situation require it.

I must also add that sealing isn't too much of a reliable option either.
Sandman only needs a single grain to be free, and as long as he is connected to sand on the ground, he can pretty much travel wherever he wants, or spawn limbs and such. Say that he gets targeted by the Desert Layered Imperial Funeral Seal, he can very well escape through the sand itself before it gets compressed, scatter himself through the air, slither through or underground and so on. The same works with the Prison Sand Burial.
There's also to consider the range of such sealings, because it's entirely possible that they end up enclosing just a portion of Sandman-
So just comes down to whether gaara seals him quickly enough before he assimilates with the desert, if gaara can identify his core, otherwise, sandman wins.

So just comes down to whether gaara seals him quickly enough before he assimilates with the desert, if gaara can identify his core, otherwise, sandman wins.
Considering that the OP states that both are bloodlusted, Gaara can use his chakra to increase his physical attributes and then apply blitz by sealing Sandman.

By the way, couldn't Gaara suppress Sandman using Iron Sand's Magnetism?

Considering that the OP states that both are bloodlusted, Gaara can use his chakra to increase his physical attributes and then apply blitz by sealing Sandman.

By the way, couldn't Gaara suppress Sandman using Iron Sand's Magnetism?
He can, if he can encase him quickly enough

Last edited:
He doesn't really reach high altitudes by flying, but he can still extend himself, turn into a widespread sandstorm or even just grow to enormous size.
He can already reach the size of buildings without taking any additional sand, while merging with pools of sand, let alone an entire desert, allows him to become this big and also occupy an area as large as the whole sahara.
A few of those links are dead.
Right, I vote for Gaara.
Counted.
Who has the AP and speed advantage in base?

Who has the AP and speed advantage in base?
Sandman is only MHS+ in combat and reaction speed. In other areas like attack and travel speed, he is Superhuman. Also, current Gaara is >>> Mach ~8089 (MHS+), while Sandman scales to Spidey which is Mach 7535.8.

In terms of AP, Gaara scales to Fused Momo who has 312.8 Zettatons, while Sandman scales to Marvel's 5-B who hovers around 59.44 Zettatons.

Sandman is only MHS+ in combat and reaction speed. In other areas like attack and travel speed, he is Superhuman. Also, current Gaara is >>> Mach ~8089 (MHS+), while Sandman scales to Spidey which is Mach 7535.8.

In terms of AP, Gaara scales to Fused Momo who has 312.8 Zettatons, while Sandman scales to Marvel's 5-B who hovers around 59.44 Zettatons.
Yeah, sandman ain't touching gaara then

Madara vs the 5 kage. Right before madara used the perfect susano, gaara was trying to seal him with his sand. The sand also contained the tags.
Well, if it's not on his profile there's nothing I can do about it.
You mean this one? Isn't that the combined action of multiple people?

Sandman assimilates with the desert almost instantly. They never went too in depth with the mechanics, but everytime he made contact with sand, the entire mass available was under his control.
Even the most recent depictions portray this as one of the things he does first when he's got sand at his disposal.
Also, how would Gaara identify his core? Spider-Man took years of direct confrontation and study in order to discover it.
I don't know how much range does Gaara's sealing cover, but he might as well be unable to either seal enough mass or to encase the one sensible grain among the huge sand mass.

A few of those links are dead.
Just refresh them, I forgot that links to wiki pages don't work well on this forum.

Why is gaara only MHS+ though? His sand can keep up with fused Momoshiki. Does he need an upgrade?

Back