• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, AP wise, Crocodile should be stronger than Tanuki, leading with 516 tons compare to Gaara's >454 tons. Not to mention that Crocodile is resistance to Sand Manipulation that Gaara like to abuse a lot and also can't hit due to intangibility unless he uses water style, which he doesn't given the lack of it on his profile. I don't know who is faster since I can't find a calculation for Crocodile's speed but it really doesn't matter in this fight.

I don't see how Tanuki boy could win. Basically, Gaara doesn't have the means to land a physical blow on Crocodile, his sand wouldn't be able to penetrate Crocodile's body because he's made of sand, instead he'd simply end up mixing his sand with Crocodile's body to no avail; this is the equivalent of bringing sand to a sand fight. I vote Croco boy

Yeah I was going to say assuming this is 8-A versions Croc has the AP advantage logia intangibility and dura bypassing has so I'm voting for him

KobsterHope07 said:
Even worse for Gaara; Crocodile is Mach 37 while Gaara is Mach 25, so Croco is also faster.
That feat was performed by Gaara when he was a little kid.

Damn, Gaara was that fast when he was a kid. Respect for that. He should be faster than that logically, but by how much is unknown. But either way, in a match like this, speed hardly matter.

This is a stomp. From what I can tell, Gaara doesn't even have a win condition, While Croc has every advantage possible.

YungManzi said:
This is a stomp. From what I can tell, Gaara doesn't even have a win condition, While Croc has every advantage possible.
What about his Partial Transformation?

I imagine the fight being similar to Rock Lee vs Gaara where Gaara is just standing there doing nothing, just letting his sand do all the work. With Crocodile being fast as Mach 37 would be able to instantly blitz him like Rock Lee did because he did not expect Croco to be capable of matching his sand speed, giving Croc the opportunity end the fight by touching and drain all the water from his body.

Gaara at this stage of life hate the sight of blood, he would just panic and go crawl himself within that ball of sand thing and hide, similar to what happened at the Chunin Exam with Sasuke iirc.

Partial Transformation, if Gaara last long enough to use it would give him an considerable boost in AP and speed and his defense would be hard for Crocodile to touch him and dehydrate him. But at end of the day, still don't see how Gaara can possible touch him due to Croco's ingangibility and can just wear him out with regular attacks and intang.

YKobsterHope07 said:
Yeah, Gaara is >454 tons. But by how much is not sure while Croco is sitting at 516 tons.
Still that suggest that Gaara should be similar to Croco in AP.

I guess so. I imagine Gaara being weaker than Crocodile still in base but with partial transformation, he could possibly match or even surpass Croco in AP but it doesn't matter if he can't hit the mafia looking bastard, who have resistance to sand attacks which Gaara only uses at the point of time of his life and intangibility.

@Calca

So...Gaara's one win condition is something that he would literally never be able to do? (Fight using taijutsu against Crocodile and defeat him)

That's not just out of character, it's impossible for this version of Gaara.

Partial transformation makes gaara unquatifiably stronger and faster, so the absolute best we could hope for with that is to say that he becomes equal in AP and speed (Which is still a stretch)

As I said before, Gaara really has no way to put Crocodile down. Thus, this is without a doubt a stomp.

I'm not arguing against this as a stomp. OoC moves don't make any match a stomp.

Speed wise Gaara made a feat slightly slower than Zoro's as a child. As a young man he's far faster and with Partial Transformation it's even more. It's not a stretch saying that they are even in AP and Speed while the AP gap is meaningless.

Crocodile

Reason being he can literally walk up to gaara as gaara tries to attack logia everything and grab him and dehydrate him. GG

Crocodile (holding gaaras body) : I'm going to drain every once of water from your body.

Prooceeds to drain gaaras body.

Crocodile (holding gaaras mummified body) : you couldn't save them.

Like in one minute melee.

Crocodile and his crew slaughter gaaras village

Back