• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fugil Literally Plays A Bullethell

Keep in mind, this ain't like there is always a space in the danmaku that lets you dodge it. The projectiles can cover the screen and let the player be hit by an attack they can't dodge. The only reason NT characters can live is from their attack reflection/projectile destruction which Fugil doesn't have.

So how can he dodge attacks that can have no place to dodge to?

At this point I'm going to use the teleportation card. Avalon (this is a place, not a living being) can transport Fugil to faraway locations.

Could you elaborate?

Avalon is a place that's totally mecanized. Fugil has technological manip that can give it orders. One of Avalon's powers is telepoting people to a faraway location.

Faraway, such as where?

I...

I do not think teleporting inside of The Throne, the being literally flowing with radiation, shadow tentacles, and exploding into spatial-ripping portals and radiation, makes sense.

Assuming it's even possible.

Wouldn't that be pretty blatant BFR, to literally teleport to a completely different dimension?

The Throne: Phase 2 literally takes place in another timeline and dimension.

That is definitely self-BFR.

It's not. Anyway, Fugil can dodge AoEs that covers the entire field of vision and even part of a forest, I don't see why don't having attack reflection/projectile destruction will hindrance Fugil, and even Lux didn't have any place to escape when 8 different attacks from different directions were going towards him while in front of him was a gravitational pulse that would crush him and still dodged it.

It is.

How does one dodge an area of effect?

Yea, I need scans or something of that.

Yeah, and until a panel or page is given I'm going to have to say the NT takes this. He might be able to beat the NT the first time around but I don't see how he can play through a LOOPED Nuclear Throne world, the amount of radiation the creatures drop upon death is no joke and having to fight Horror and all the other loop bosses, especially The Hyper Crystal, really adds doubt that he can do it. Not to mention if he doesn't complete the loop in a timely manner it counts as BFR and him teleporting out of the loop means he won't be able to get back to the Throne.

The Throne upon it's destruction is completely out of wack and merging and warping dozens of universes into one, meaning unless you've got a potent dimentional travel, he's not coming back. Once again BFR.

I'm going to say NT for Grey's reasons

It's also worth noting that Fugil can't even kill Horror, because it's literally a living pile of radiation and will kill him if he even comes close to it

Description for what Fugil dodged:

"Tartaros Frame ― Rapid Fire Mode"
Right after that, a part of the forest was blown away by explosion.
He apparently slipped through the "gaps" of the explosion while using Reload on Fire. I don't know where the gaps from a big explosion came from, but eh.

An instant after Greifer was starting to freefall, Rosa's bombardment was fired towards Fugil.
Gorynych that was fused with more than ten Drag-Rides using the Divine Raiment Tartaros Frame was firing energy from its whole gunport, but it didn't even serve to hold Fugil back. He slipped through all the attacks and closed the distance.
"……He is weaving through the gaps of that bombardment!? No way!"
Originally it should be impossible to do something like dodging a bombing that covered the whole surface of the field of vision, but Fugil's Bahamut that was accelerated until dozens of times allowed him to make his way through even that and he drew near to in front of Rosa.
Also, if you're caiming that Fugil cannot get pass the game because he just uses a sword, has no resistance to anything, and has nothing to get pass it, then how this isn't a stomp? If you say to me, Fugil with Bahamut or something like that, then ok, I guess, but Base Fugil is just a skilled dude with a sword. It's like me putting Ikki Kurogane vs. Akuto Sai in Act 12. Akuto leads with a hand wave that BFR his opponent, Ikki has no response to that because he is just a skilled dude with a sword.

I feel like you didn't read what I said, so i'll say it again

One opening move beating another is not a stomp. A stomp would be Ikki literally having 0 options to win whatsoever.

And he doesnt, the very instant the battle starts he gets BFR, what room does he have to make a move?

Again, then how this isn't a stomp? You are claiming that Fugil has no way to get past the game because he just uses a sword and has no resistance to anything.

No. Akuto doesn't resist things like Phantom Form. If that wasn't Akuto's opening move, there are ways for Ikki to win.

Less that it's not going to happen and more just insanely unlikely. Fugil is a CQC fighter and everything he kills will shoot out radiation that will more or less instantly kill him along with shittons of other enemies spamming omni-directional danmaku that also one-shots him, so he's not exactly in an amazing position but he could get through it if he got lucky.

Fugil in Bahamut would be more fair, like you said.

It's worth noting that not all enemies shoot radiation, just some. There are plenty of enemies that really can't hurt him with attacks- the problem is, the ones that can will kill him nigh instantly.

Oh, also, votes counted. 3 for The Throne.

To clarify, I'm aware that Fugil has the skill to dodge for an absolute assload of time, and the stamina to do so. That's why I chose this match. Granted, Horror is a bit of an issue, but Horror is probably the scariest enemy Fugil would come across the entire time- and since Horror is most definitely at least partially physical, it's still not impossible.

How I see it:

Fugil one-shots most of the enemies, and a lot of the enemies can't hurt him. But the ones that can, just about one-shot.

Fugil can dodge for a long time, but he has to play perfectly in order to beat through the entire game. He has the skill to potentially do so- but can he do it more often than he loses?

Essentially, the biggest challengers are along the lines of The Throne 2, Hyper Crystal, and Horror. All 3 are most certainly the hardest for him to put down, even if he can dodge for nigh-indefinite periods of time.

Like weapons? Yes, though if Fugil starts with The Throne, he won't have much to work with.

Like what type of weapons could he find? Fugil is a master with basically every weapon you can think of, including non-conventional ones like anchors.

Mostly guns. He'll have difficulties, though- all the best NT weapons post-loop are Radiation weapons, and The Throne's boss fight only has like, two chests in it.

So, when fighting The Throne, his ammo will be very limited.

All the weapons in-game he can find are weaker than him, and some can kill him from being near it (toxic, explosives, and Radiation).

Are you refering to Fugil? Because toxic things are not a problem to him, explosives (if they are weaker than him then he just tank it), the only problem would be radiation, but are they filled with radiation or the radiation is across them so whoever touches it gets radiated?

The radiation weapons both shoot and run on radiation. So unless he willingly is gonna become irradiated he can't use them. The other weapons aren't gonna help him in fighting most bosses.

Fugil most likely won't pick up those, since he can analyze them. Even if they don't help that much is not like the daggers he have while using Bahamut are all that helpfull, but a good shot is enough to cause good damage. And also, he can apply Quick Draw to them, making them unperceivable to the bosses.

Bump. 4 votes needed.

Back