• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fugil Literally Plays A Bullethell

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
He beat Culexus. Let's see how he fares against this.

Speed Equal. Fugil knows how potent the radiation attacks are, and knows that not getting hit by them is very important. 8-B for both.

The Nuclear Throne: 3 (Hl3, Grey, Ed)

Fugil Arcadia:

Inconclusive:

For all intents and purposes, The Nuclear Throne's generators are broken, and thus, Phase 2 will trigger. Also, battle takes place in The Throne Room.

The Generators do not start broken on subsequent loops, though. (So, if Fugil kills The Throne, twice, and finishes the loop once, he'll be able to end the loop for real).

Who wins and why?

Lasers, danmaku, and more danmaku, alongside slowly moving forward.

Fugil has no problems with lasers nor danmaku, he can just dodge that. When Fugil gets close he will do the Quick Draw making multiple movements that Nuclear Throne won't be capable of perceive at the same time and that are far faster than him.

And another question, Fugil needs to kill it twice?

Well, he has to kill it once, then again, then survive an entire Loop, then kill it one more time.

A loop being... The entire game, basically. The Throne 2 sets the opponent down in the middle of some odd space-time loop, which is the entire game except considerably more difficult.

I can delve into the details of it if Fugil reasonably survives the first two.

First of all, my respect to whoever made that video, that was epic.

Fugil can totally dodge that, specially because they come in patterns that he can easily read by just looking at his opponent.

I don't know how difficult the game is, so I don't know how exactly would the whole loop thing work.

It's worth noting that Fugil has to be very, very careful- one hit of direct radiation, and he's good as dead.

As someone who's played the game, it's actually incredibly difficult. Fugil's lack of solid range will only put him in severe danger in battle. Outside of skill, how does he plan on surviving and killing The Throne? It's a very no-error environment- one mistake can end him, so skill alone won't do it.

As for the loop... I'll get to that.

Don't worry Fugil won't be hit by any of those balls. Lux is capable of dodging 17 attacks at the same time, with each of them coming from a different direction and constantly following his movement, without even seeing the attacks that were much faster than he could move and were performed by someone 10 times stronger than him and can even dodge attacks while being uncounscious, and Fugil is much better than Lux.

Fugil will literally see throught his weak spots the instant he sees it, and analyze his entire battle style to make his movements harder to predict. Also, Fugil has survived severly strong doses of poison, that insta-kill any normal person who enters in contact with it.

Nuclear Throne radiation damages and kills literal walking piles of radioactive waste. So if Fugil gets hit, he's dead-beyond-dead.

I can see Fugil surviving Phase 1, but Phase 2 is going to be harder. The Throne flies and tosses even rougher waves and attacks, and Fugil has to rely on getting close to attack, no?

And the toxin that Fugil was exposed would kill people who were previously exposed to that poison, simply because Fugil dose was way above anything anyone else had managed to survive.

Fugil already fought opponents who can fly (even in base) and won, and yes, he mostly relies on that. Would the Throne count as an automaton?

Yea, Fugil doesn't have much on radiation, though. Poison is massively different, and weaker, than radiatiob. Additionally, NT radiatiob hax is absolutely absurd.

The First Phase would probably count, but not the secobd. Why?

Oh, because he has technological manip that can control automata.

Still, I don't see him hitting Fugil. Fugil's main problem would be getting in range, but wouldn't be really worried over the balls since he could just dodge them.

Hmm. It might have slight issues fully controlling The Throne's first phase, given some mutation elements in it, but it'll help.

The Throne 2 will be fine, though.

The real question is not if Fugil can dodge- but if he can dodge and attack? Nobody is perfect, and his margin of error is very, very small.

But can he get close enough to do both at the same time?

Fugil brushed off the thrust of his opponent's Blade. After parrying the momentum his sword returned and ran through under the armpit of Leviathan's armor. Singlen blocked with the Divine Raiment Leaning. He dispersed the impact with a wall of water and the moment the attack stopped, he used his left foot as an axis to rotate and return a sideway sweep to Bahamut's back. Fugil swung up his great sword in a big movement to place the sword's blade on his back as a shield to blocked the attack. At the same time he swung his blade that was enveloped in high density energy with the aim of destroying the enemy's weapon. Singlen made ice trail along the point of contact and derailed Fugil's hand movement. In that instant the great sword that Fugil swung down split the ground and shook the foothold. The tip of his sword instantly flipped and slashed up, attacking Singlen's face. Singlen diverted that with water current and barely dodged, but his forehead was slightly grazed and blood flowed out. Without even any time to comprehend that Fugil's aim was his eye, the next attack was advancing on him.
What do you think?

No, I mean-

Can he get close enough to the flying tentacle chair to do both, well?

Maybe not at first. But again, perfection is impossible- and one mistake is all it takes.

Fugil knows its weaknesses and all of his abilities from a glance, he can easily predict the trajectory of the balls, Fugil can counter attacks the very instant they get used, he can counter his opponent mid-attack.

And that's cool, but it would be fallacious to say he could keep up with constantly barraging one-shot bullethell, forever. He's not winning a stamina battle against Ghost Chair, and he has to hit it eventually.

Not really, Fugil can predict the balls easily, their trajectory have a patern which Fugil would be able to tell easily, he just have to outlive (me thinks). That reminds me of upgrading Fugil's stamina as infinite because he hasn't rest for over 1000 years without any problem

Honestly that could be ruled as an outlier, but for the sake of this battle, I'll accept it as true.

Nobody is perfect. To say he'll be able to beat down the first phase? Alright, makes sense. But against a swarm of danmaku from all directions, where one mistake can cost him his life? He has to end the battle eventually, since the more time that passes, the more likely he slips up and dies.

It's not an outlier, he has literally been over 1000 without the needing to rest, that is what is said in the series.

No, the more time the battle passes, he knows better his opponent's battle style and make his movements more difficult to predict, he will adapt to his battle style.

It doesn't really matter how much he adapts and changes, unless you can tell me how he actually plans on winning, he'll die eventually.

...and how does he plan on the opponent 'losing by himself'?

Not sure since it have infinite stamina. But the guy is not touching Fugil due to his Analytical Prediction, Instinctive Reaction and skill-based Precog, so Fugil is basically entire seconds ahead of the Nuclear Throne in the battle.

"Not touching" is still fallacious to assume. Nobody is perfect, and Nuclear Throne is not easy to keep up with.

You also have to keep in mind even if he wins he has to fight shit like this - Hyper Crystal (Nuclear Throne) where simple contact with it will ignore your Dura and instantly kill you, you will have to fight Horror (Nuclear Throne) since he isn't gonna pick up radiation canisters once again ignore durability and kill you, having to go through the game with radiation literally being everywhere and in everything you kill, and once you get to the castle again, contact with anything there is instant death along with literally the whole screen being filled during loops.

"Not touching" is not completely fallacious, is like me saying Kirito is not touching Ikki Kurogane, because Kirito has never faced someone with Ikki's dodging skills, the same happens here. Neither were the Seven Dragon Paladins which Fugil trashed.

I never said Fugil will defeat him, just that Nuclear Throne isn't either. Also, is very unfair to face a lot of opponents one after another, is not like Fugil can't, but it seems like that.

You keep on forgetting a key component-

Forever.

If Fugil legitimately does nothing but dodge, he'll slip up and die. Nuclear Throne danmaku is very rough, and is far from easy to take care of. Even with Mutations such as Euphoria to slow down projectiles, as well as increased speed, it's an incredibly difficult task.

Fugil won't slip up on land, he didn't slip up when the floor was frozen so in regular land it won't be that difficult.

I don't mean literally tripping.

Make a mistake with what? Dodging? The only times he was hit were: when a person erased herself from Fugil's memories and perception (basically Fugil didn't even know she existed at that placer), when they make him forget (with the same ability) how to dodge, and againts Singlen who perfectly counters Lux's dodging skills and can predict beyond that, and even then, he had a hard time hitting Fugil.

Fighting constant danmaku for an immeasurable amount of time, and he'll slip up and die eventually.

Back