• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, no, Rimuru's aura is completely passive, THAT'S why he's always holding it back, so he doesn't kill people by accident. But yeah, it's far more common for Rimuru to have his aura off than on.
Yeah, but passives that are usually held back do not count. Cus the argument is "he would usually hold it back, so he would have to think to release his aura afterwards". Similar reasoning that we use on some of Medaka's passives, Reiatsu crush etc.

That is something I do agree with. There's no reason to assume Rimuru always has it on when... he doesn't. Like, almost never.

Yeah, but passives that are usually held back do not count. Cus the argument is "he would usually hold it back, so he would have to think to release his aura afterwards". Similar reasoning that we use on some of Medaka's passives, Reiatsu crush etc.
Have no never been on a bleach thread, or even checked a profile for it? We never treat these are never treated as thought based, purely passive.

Have no never been on a bleach thread, or even checked a profile for it? We never treat these are never treated as thought based, purely passive.
Nope. Not for characters who usually hold back their passives. For example Yhwach is 1 of the few that have "passive soul crush" cus he seemingly never holds it back. Doesn't hold true for all other bleach characters. Doesn't hold true for Medaka. Doesn't hold true for literally all Rakudai Desperados etc.

If you hold back your passives, then logically speaking if you meet a random person you would have them held back, what you do afterwards doesn't matter, but the start of the fight doesn't have passives for you.

Nope. Not for characters who usually hold back their passives. For example Yhwach is 1 of the few that have "passive soul crush" cus he seemingly never holds it back. Doesn't hold true for all other bleach characters. Doesn't hold true for Medaka. Doesn't hold true for literally all Rakudai Desperados etc.

If you hold back your passives, then logically speaking if you meet a random person you would have them held back, what you do afterwards doesn't matter, but the start of the fight doesn't have passives for you.
Not true, since Rimuru can sense intent, he has no reason not to turn it on.

Magicules comes out from their body and released from it
The only active part is suppressing them and suppressing them takes a toll on their body like Veldora's case where Rimuru needs to find a place for Veldora to release his aura or else he can't hold it and accidentally kill like 90% of his countrymen
The same applies to Rimuru and he has no reasons to supress them as soon as the fight start in an unknown area

and Passive or not
Incap gg.

Turning it on was response to your “he wouldn’t at a random person”.
I never said the "he wouldn't at a random person".

This is a match, so he picks up your analysis, which is passive, with his aura on.
Yes, this is a match, he has to realize this is a match (a conscious thought) then think "oh should i restrict my auras" (i will need proof of Rimuru releasing his aura at the start of any fight btw) then go like "oh i will release my aura".

Should was an argument in response to if he needed to, this is a fight so he would already have it on.
Why would he already have it on if he always has it off by default? It's not like he knows he's on a fight from the second this begins, and by the second it takes him to notice, Xiaoli already fatehaxed him.

Why would he already have it on if he always has it off by default? It's not like he knows he's on a fight from the second this begins, and by the second it takes him to notice, Xiaoli already fatehaxed him.
It’s off to not hurt people, and that he can sense intent. Weird logic though, why is Xiaoli’s passive but suddenly Rimuru’s isn’t?

Dude. To put it simply cus y'all don't seem to get the point.

Rimuru holds back usually.
He will hold back at the start of the round.

Also i will need proof of Rimuru releasing this at the start of any match too.

It’s off to not hurt people, and that he can sense intent.
Exactly. And there are ppl around in SBA. But even if there weren't he starts held back.
Weird logic though, why is Xiaoli’s passive but suddenly Rimuru’s isn’t?
Cus xiaoli doesn't hold them back? There is a reason why only a few desperados have these passives while others don't.

Dude. To put it simply cus y'all don't seem to get the point.

Rimuru holds back usually.
He will hold back at the start of the round.

Also i will need proof of Rimuru releasing this at the start of any match too.
If this is SBA, why is it that there are people there? Was it ever specified there were people in NY, instead of it just being a location?

If this is SBA, why is it that there are people there?
There are people in SBA, we had a thread about this. Although to the characters aren't supposed to care about them (to avoid the characters not doing what they usually would do).

But still, Rimuru suppresses them, he starts with them suppressed. Also don't forget the proof for the "releases them at any match".

Although to the characters aren't supposed to care about them (to avoid the characters not doing what they usually would do).

But still, Rimuru suppresses them, he starts with them suppressed. Also don't forget the proof for the "releases them at any match".
But if they don’t care, then why would he suppressing it? That makes sense that he keeps it suppressed for people he actually knows and cares for, but he keeps it suppressed now when people aren’t supposed to care?

Rimuru keeps the aura supressed even for people he doesn't know, he only leaks it when he's going for intimadation or people he despises.

He "starts with them suppressed". Not "keeps them suppressed". Do you know the difference?

Last edited:
Wait, this match has been made before...

If Rimuru doesn't start with his passives active, then are we just gonna throw out every thread where he wins because his passives immediately annihilated his opponent?
Not really, again, this is SBA, so they both don’t care.

“In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

Furthermore characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave and characters wouldn't simply become friends with each other. This doesn't prevent a character being made to give up, because the other character manipulates them via things like, for example, mind control, fear inducement, psychological tricks or superhuman charisma.”

There's more reason of Rimuru not turning off his passive although I don't know why it's not passive here in this case since it will overload the body and destroy the material body if there is too much magicule inside (That's the monster physiology). Even Rimuru still has stuff magicule leaking outside his body when suppressing it especially Diablo who is right now has perfect control of his suppression still has some leaking part iirc (will search for this tomorrow). Also he has feat of turning on his aura when adventuring from unknown lands like the labyrinth in volume 10 (can't remember what page is that but will find the scan tomorrow since I'll sleep now)

Back