• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Moonrise to Moonset Match 7: Kamen Rider Blades vs Dot Barrett

keep away should be easy given the movement speed difference.
Speed is equalized. Blade has dealt with people far faster than himself, hell, it is a requirement that a Saber Rider worth their salt to not die from a speedblitz.

And why should he exploding himself stop blade from swinging his sword and freeze him? Blade AZ contend with Saber's flame that turn things it touch to ashes, and every Rider can cause every enemies to explode as well when they land their attack.

Speed is equalized. Blade has dealt with people far faster than himself, hell, it is a requirement that a Saber Rider worth their salt to not die from a speedblitz.

And why should he exploding himself stop blade from swinging his sword and freeze him? Blade AZ contend with Saber's flame that turn things it touch to ashes, and every Rider can cause every enemies to explode as well when they land their attack.

Oh according to the rules on speed equalization:

The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

Rider's combat speed is equalized, which means his reaction speed is equalized and his movement/travel speed is reduced by the same margin they are now.

I'll edit this message with the multiplier rider's movement speed is reduced by. but you get my point.

The explosion should probably prevent a swinging motion of rider's arm or at least send rider flying away due to his inferior lifting strength. Should be an effective keep-away strategy.

when dott uses his second wincon (as explained here). He will cast hundreds of explombs that are stronger than explomb bomb that is 4.8x stronger than Blades. When magic power increases speed also increases so I guess that adds a little more speed advantage.

That's all I can contribute to this match. All the best.

With the way you guys are arguing I feel like this match can go either way if we consider Blades' character.

edit: Blades' second key movement/travel speed is 2.5x (using the mhs+ calc on their page), possibly 1583.4x (using SoL) slower than their combat speed. @AnAverageUsername and @LIFE_OF_KING good luck.

Last edited:
Oh according to the rules on speed equalization:

Rider's combat speed is equalized, which means his reaction speed is equalized and his movement/travel speed is reduced by the same margin they are now.

I'll edit this message with the multiplier rider's movement speed is reduced by. but you get my point.

The explosion should probably prevent a swinging motion of rider's arm or at least send rider flying away due to his inferior lifting strength. Should be an effective keep-away strategy.

when dott uses his second wincon (as explained here). He will cast hundreds of explombs that are stronger than explomb bomb that is 4.8x stronger than Blades. When magic power increases speed also increases so I guess that adds a little more speed advantage.

That's all I can contribute to this match. All the best.

With the way you guys are arguing I feel like this match can go either way if we consider Blades' character.

edit: Blades' second key movement/travel speed is 2.5x (using the mhs+ calc on their page), possibly 1583.4x (using SoL) slower than their combat speed. @AnAverageUsername and @LIFE_OF_KING good luck.
Good luck feels like a bad omen

I mean Dot won't be able to do all those if Blades decides to use AZ (which is his main source of attack). It can just freeze everything. Also Blades heavily outrange Dot so he needs to get into the AZ zone to actually hit Blades.

Yeah the AZ zone is his wincon. It's a move that he doesn't start with.

While Dot has two wincons, his "Ira Kruez" can create a hundred attacks and we know his AP in that state is 5x greater than Blades and his second wincon is explomb bomb which is harder to set off.

If the AZ zone is a last resort or if it isn't used in battle as frequent as blades other attacks then I vote Dott

If AZ zone is used frequently in battle then I vote incon.

I honestly don't think Dot's explosions can work here considering how the nature of AZ works. Also Blades has higher LS so blowing back his attacks won't be happening.

The only thing I believe Dot can't take care of is Blades's ability to literally drop the battle field to AZ temperatures.

Thats why I vote incon if he uses it early and Dot if he uses it as a last resort.

I just noticed Dott has lower LS so i think he will have trouble with the gust of AZ winds.

honestly idk how this match will go. I need to know if the explosions can at least raise the temperature of AZ

I just noticed Dott has lower LS so i think he will have trouble with the gust of AZ winds.

honestly idk how this match will go. I need to know if the explosions can at least raise the temperature of AZ
Well, Explomb's temperatures are never stated upon, and unlike Kaldo's flames we don't get good shots of its effects. However, in chapter 64, a direct hit is shown on a humanoid being, and said humanoid being ends up being charred almost like they're disintegrated? It's hard to describe.

Welp, got nothing to counter AZ.

So its just Dot's wincons vs Riders wincons

So let’s lay out our wincons and defenses and voting shall begin

I feel that Rintaro has the higher wincon here than Dot, slightly maybe but that just my guess
Also even if it can disintegrate which show how potent the heat are, i doubt it can melt the AZ shennanigans

And now with that said, we need an Q&A Thread regarding heat vs absolute zero

I feel like this leans into Dot's favor, even if it's only by a bit, due to previously stated reasons. Dot's best wincon is the Ira Kruez, which amps Dot to like, 4 or 5 times Blade durability? And considering that Dot can create a Danmaku of 100 explosions, around Blade no less, then it would heavily damage if not out right kill if even some of them hit. Not to mention the whole "suicide" explomb tactic. Nobody has also brought up the fact that the Ira Kruez can also passively destroy spells, so maybe that applies to some of Blade's attacks? Yes, I know AZ is deadly, but from that one clip it looks as of it's just a cloud. Of course, I dont know what the AoE AZ looks like, so I can't really judge on that. These are my thoughts, so please correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

I feel like this should be obvious so I'm not sure if I need to say this but one blast from that gust of wind can instantly freeze the entire body of Dot, instantly killing him. That goes for any of Blade's other attacks too. If any of his attacks merely graze Dot, that body part would be completely frozen due to how AZ works.

There's a common attack that the Saber riders do that one sword swing can wipe an entire area. Not sure if I mentioned it but Blades' attacks come with power nullification.

Saber Riders don't use magic or spells so there's that.

I don't have everything but there's a whole section in the notable attacks section about his attacks. A lot of his attacks (and Kamen Rider in general) are improvised up on the spot. That's why there's 6 variations for Blizzard Blades. Saber had like >70 different finishers in the season. He can theoretically use some of his other attacks but with ice instead of water too if he wants.

Last edited:
Dott Barret's Wincons

1. Ira Kruez. With this Amp he is stronger than Explomb Bomb. Explomb Bomb is 5x stronger than Blades. In this form Dot is able to fire a hundred attacks at once and each attack is 5x stronger than Blades. And Dot isn't afraid to get caught in the blast too so it won't matter how close Blades is. So this easily defeats Blades.

2. Explomb Bomb: This attack is basically 5x stronger than Blades,

Dot's Defense

1. When magic is amped so is their speed. Dot can also amp his speed even further to FTE levels via explosions. This wil be useful in evading attacks.

2. He can passively nullify attacks weaker than him with Ira Kruez. Unsure if this applies to just magic as that wasn't specified but he nullified a tornado attack.

Any other input can be added by @AnAverageUsername and @LIFE_OF_KING.

Just seeing this btw, but it doesn't matter now.

What do you think Blades wincons are? After that we can begin voting

So question, does blade having flight help him , because as stated blade tategami Hyoujuusenki form has Tategami Blazer that can be manipulate to any animal features that inside of the wonder ride book such as eagle,shark,hedgehog,etc. With eagle he can gain wing and fly, with shark he gain shark tail and move freely in water, with hedgehog he get quills.

It can be a way it can be used.

Blades' advantages/wincons:

• 2 types of RPL, Damage Reduction, and Regeneration to help him get out of one shot range.
  • AZ is a one-shot and Blades has a plethora of ways to perform it. Az is also a direct counter to heat energy.
  • Blades' sword slashes are accompanied by a multiple layered power nullification that is able to dissipate incoming attacks.
  • Cloth Manipulation is like an activated adaptation. Ex: Blades can fly, can cover himself with armor, etc.
  • Can use any of his other equipment to get out of danger. Can create a portal that can access any part of Earth. Can scan his Lion Senki to turn into water which requires layered NPI to hit. Can scan Peter Fantasistas to make Water Portals.
  • Huge range advantage. Dot's abilities won't be able to hit Blades if lets say Blades decides to fly or portal elsewhere.
  • Has other abilities such as Gravity Manipulation and Attack Reflection.
  • Huge skill advantage having the combined 20,000 years of techniques and skills. He should be able to counter and replicate any of the techniques passed down for multiple millennia. Scales to people who can fight against teleporting light swords. Has directly countered a time erasure akin to King Crimson without the need of resistance to causality manipulation or time manipulation. Easily stomps people who stomps speedsters. Defeat people who can create illusions, clones, and teleportation. So on, so forth.
  • Enhanced Senses will anticipate explosions coming and can counter or dodge them in many ways.
  • Huge LS advantage, able to restrain or blow Dot's abilities back.

Last edited:
It can be a way it can be used.

Blades' advantages/wincons:

• 2 types of RPL, Damage Reduction, and Regeneration to help him get out of one shot range.
  • AZ is a one-shot and Blades has a plethora of ways to perform it. Az is also a direct counter to heat energy.
  • Blades' sword slashes are accompanied by a multiple layered power nullification that is able to dissipate incoming attacks.
  • Cloth Manipulation is like an activated adaptation. Ex: Blades can fly, can cover himself with armor, etc.
  • Can use any of his other equipment to get out of danger. Can create a portal that can access any part of Earth. Can scan his Lion Senki to turn into water which requires layered NPI to hit. Can scan Peter Fantasistas to make Water Portals.
  • Huge range advantage. Dot's abilities won't be able to hit Blades if lets say Blades decides to fly or portal elsewhere.
  • Has other abilities such as Gravity Manipulation and Attack Reflection.
  • Huge skill advantage having the combined 20,000 years of techniques and skills. He should be able to counter and replicate any of the techniques passed down for multiple millennia. Scales to people who can fight against teleporting light swords. Has directly countered a time erasure akin to King Crimson without the need of resistance to causality manipulation or time manipulation. Easily stomps people who stomps speedsters. Defeat people who can create illusions, clones, and teleportation. So on, so forth.
  • Enhanced Senses will anticipate explosions coming and can counter or dodge them in many ways.
  • Huge LS advantage, able to restrain or blow Dot's abilities back.

heh… If our characters cross paths I’m gonna fact check the hell out of some of these claims. And by some I mean skill feats 😀.

heh… If our characters cross paths I’m gonna fact check the hell out of some of these claims. And by some I mean skill feats 😀.

Which one would you liked the verified? The countless timelines precog can be seen in episode 26, episode 36 was when he was able to counter and predict when Durendal would come out of his time-erasure.

Retracting my vote btw.

And also its time to vote so you guys get to it

Which one would you liked the verified? The countless timelines precog can be seen in episode 26, episode 36 was when he was able to counter and predict when Durendal would come out of his time-erasure.

What does the gravity manipulation and regen look like

Retracting my vote as well, I'll just wait a bit since my opinion is wavering.

wish I could watch these newer Kamen Rider shows, the only one i can watch with streaming is Kamen Rider Ichigo

Retracting my vote btw.

And also its time to vote so you guys get to it

What does the gravity manipulation and regen look like
First episode, civilian form Saber was able to hold his ground and not get pulled by gravity manip that was able to uprooted things like lightpost, a bit of building and more.

Regen, most Rider survived being stab by a fuckhuge sword OR swords pin-cushion.

Back