• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freddy Revision

Yesh you have my full support, 9-B Freddy has been needed for a long time, yet so many people disagreed >_>

FvJ is actually canon to both Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday The 13th as franchises IIRC, so yeah.

Fully support this, btw. I was actually wanting to do this myself for a while, but I've been sidetracked by other stuff. Either way, good shit Prom.

I'm also happy that we'll finally have Necronomicon Freddy on the wiki if this goes through. Can't wait to see what I can do with him when the time comes.

Ah, yes, I forgot.

Should Freddy and Jason scale to Ash speedwise?

I can get all the powers the necronomicon has displayed in The Evil Dead Films, Shows and its many non canon comics if needed.

That'd be a big help, thank you.

Also, do you think Jason and Freddy should scale to Ash's speed?

Since there is so many comics, i will be going through the media first.

I won't talk about properties of the actual book, just its powers.

It is heavily convenient that Freddy has displayed most of these abilities.

Magic, possibly Reality Warping (Is repeatedly implied to have this ability. Caused a Cabin to bleed, and form eyes), Sealing (Can seal Demons, Spirits, possibly Gods, and various other beings within its passages), Summoning (Self explanatory), Time Travel, Portal Creation, Earth Manipulation (When using the book, Ruby opened up sink holes), Biological Manipulation (Ruby created new forms of Demons using the Necronomicon), Transmutation, Necromancy (Has raised thousands of the dead), Resurrection (Resurrected Evil Ash. Resurrected hundreds, if not thousands, of people), BFR, Power Nullification (Was able to nullify Baal's abilities), Transmutation (Gave the Kandarian Demon a physical form), Duplication (Duplicated Ash's body), Weather manipulation, Limited Mental Manipulation (The book can control Demons and the Dead. Ruby stated she would have control of the entire Deadite and Demon population), various other powers (Has thousands of other unexplored passages, known to only Ruby, and possibly Raymond Knowby. Spells and passages can be changed, removed, or added)

Thank you! I'll add these to his page soon.

I added them.

I'm going to update his page now, given that I think it's suitably accurate now, and further things can be discussed and added.

Firstly, nice, the changes have been made.

Time for the non canon stuff. I won't include something that's shown above, unless i couldn't show it.

Technological Manipulation (Took over a space station and Ash's hand. When using the book, Evil Ash created himself a robotic body, and could incorporate machinery into humans)

Interdimensional Travel (Sent Ash to the Reanimator universe, and the Marvel Zombies universe. It also sent most of the Dark Ones to the Mirror Dimmension)

Illusion creation - This also happens in canon.

There's probably a lot more.

Nice feats there.

Taking the Necronomicon power is Power Null but since they gave the Dream Powers it's not

Vastly superior to Deadites, who are extremely consistently wall level. He's portrayed as comparable to Ruby at her peak, but i'm not sure.

Also Freddy didn't take them away, that was Ruby using the Necronomicon, but Freddy can also do that.

Ruby took Baal's Body Jumping, Illusion Creation, Mind control, Strength (possibly), Immortality (possibly), Claws, and all that, basically making him human.

He more pieces Dreams together with it, so it's unquantifiable.

The Dream World itself is at least as large as Springwood in terms of surface area alone, with an atmosphere that goes at least up to low cloud level, and even space (though it's really low height to space in the dream world), and freddy can change it as much as he wants.

That movie isn't very good with keeping the continuity of either series, giving Jason a non sensical water weakness. They also make Crystal Lake near Ohio, even though it's over 900 miles away.

Also he was empowered by the fear and memories of the Crystal Lake population, so he likely had two locations under his belt.

> That movie isn't very good with keeping the continuity of either series, giving Jason a non sensical water weakness.

I personally think that has to do more with them being in the Dream World rather than an outright weakness. Since in the later parts of Freddy vs Jaso Jason swims, spends time underwater, and leaped out of the water to attack Freddy once.

> They also make Crystal Lake near Ohio, even though it's over 900 miles away.

Did they? Jason could've just walked. In Part IX he crossed the distance between Ohio and Crystal Lake within 7-14 days in his hijacked body.

Nah, the weakness is still retained within the Dream World, as seen with Part 6 when Dream World Springfield has the barrier. He is vulnerable to drowning in the movie though, which he's shown to be immune to in the rest of the series.

They took a van.

> He is vulnerable to drowning in the movie though, which he's shown to be immune to in the rest of the series.

Yeah that was a bit weird. Could be a mental death sort of thing I guess, but considering he was still alive after being chained underwater for ten years it's a contradiciton

> They took a van.

I know they did but Jason just walked there. Although a van driving from Ohio to Jersey within a day is a bit weird.

TK is definitley AP. I think you should make a revision thread.

Anyway, i have to go to bed now.

Back