• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frank West Tournament 2.0 Round 1 Frank West vs Chuck Greene

Frank West got (technically getting, but it's very straight forward) a decent buff. Up to 3 Megajoules. Time to redo a tournament to celebrate this. What better way to start this tournament than with a fight that literally won't matter if the upgrade goes through or not, cause they both scale.

So here's the battle conditions

Speed don't have to be equal. As they both are on the same levels

Frank gets weapons from his canon games. None of that Off The Record stuff for obvious reasons

Chuck falls under the same rules. Only canon stuff to use

No vehicles for Chuck. No Exo suit for Frank

They get the rest of their full arsenal at their disposal

They both get 1 week of prep

Takes place in a mall, but they both aren't familiar with this specific mall

That's all, who is gonna win?

Chuck Greene:

Frank West:

Inconclusive/Draw: 4

Much easier as Frank takes it this time. Chuck's only real stealth experience is like, sneaking from TK and that one CURE guy, yeah? I've only played OTR but it follows basically the same story. Frank's actually snuck around military bases before with trained soldiers which is considerably better (even though the stealth mechanic in DR4 sucks balls) Not only that but Frank has also arguably had more relevant experience, fighting more threats throughout two games instead of Chuck's one game. He also has more hax with his matter hax, and his transmutation as well as his optional equipment which includes timeslow and teleportation. Not only that but Frank also has access to weapons that are actually qualified as traps, which are things you don't get in Dead Rising 2 besides the teddy bear sentry turret, and Frank has better access to deadlier vehicles than Chuck as well, and is arguably just as skilled with them.

Overall, Frank has better experience, better hax, and better weaponry to work with imo, as well as better stealth.

Oh also to further hammer in the point, Frank is resistant to electric, fire, and ice based attacks because why the hell not. That'll give him an edge over some of Chuck's more effective weaponry.

No. He also snuck around TKs armed men, and did have to handle military too. The game was sort of the same but also very different at the end. It changed the villain entirely in the OTR. He even fights that military guy hand to hand to. And earlier game (Case 0 I think) had dozens of soldiers after him and he managed to escape with Katey. And talking soldiers with helicopters and vehicles. So he certainly had the stealth

Chuck has 3 games though. When we include Case west where they meet. Case 0, where he is trying to escape military taking Katey, and 2. Experience is kinda hard to say. I would say they share similar experiences since we know he faces more stuff off screen. Like the original outbreak, all the zombies he fights on that show (which shows dozen of events in the game version that), and then the on screen events. Plus the implications he has been facing them even when he was older in DR3.

Better experience could also be debated to be about equal. Chucks been facing Military for a long time.

I wouldn't think transmutation is that important or even really change changing tbh, cause the range of it. If he was that close, Chucks Guns and weapons are fully capable of ending him just as fast from there.

I will say. For that. We should only really consider one of them being used, as it's not to realistic (IMO) that he can switch to another suit mid fight. Also, seems a good chunk of them only work up in decently close combat. Which wouldn't happen very often at all.

Vehicles I meant to be restricted. I didn't want vehicles to be reason one of them won cause that takes the fun from it. Cars which just drive through attacks and tank them all followed by running them over is boring AF. And I'd argue Chuck is more skilled anyway through sheer experience and dealing. He did by the end of case Zero have dozens of soldiers coming after him, shooting at him, helicopters keeping track of him, all while carrying Katey and did escape. I don't think Franks got any degree of skill showing on a vehicles like that, but again. Wanting to nullify vehicles

Chuck would also share resistances too. His page is just not updated. Lot of errors and missing stuff.

Uh no, Chuck wouldn't share resistances. I can't respond to the rest of this but the resistances are something very specific to Dead Rising 4 because they are power ups in the skill tree that frank gets when leveling up.

Also in case West they were both kinda there so I don't think that entirely counts. Three games for each, though. I'd still personally say Frank has handled much tougher enemies, including the evolved zombies which are a pain in the butt to handle, and he still seems to have better hax in comparison to Chuck who...I legitimately can't think of any hax he has off the top of my head.

He can take hits from his own weapons. There is a very select few possibly that he would have no resistance to. But he can take hits from fire, ice, acid, electricity weapons from resistance to his own.

I included Case West cause while they does have them both. It also gives Chuck some bonuses like acid resistance from some of the chemical weapons (iirc).

Ehh. Chuck also handled evolving Zombies. Frank did handle Calder yea. But chuck handled those Super boosted zombies in DR2 along with fighting other soldiers and such at the same time. His best hacks kinda have little point as requiring being too close which would basically put him in a bad situation, and really not happening that many times if at all, or a Chuck shares the same haxs or a similar haxs. Plus, they really aren't gonna try and get very close at all. They will stay within to far of range considering both are very intelligent fighters.

There's not even acid weaponry in Dead Rising 2, and taking hits from fire doesn't really...mean much. Doesn't mean he's resistant to it. You can still be on fire and such. There's no weapon in DR2 to my knowledge that uses ice that you can hit yourself with either, same with electricity. At least, again, to my knowledge. Frank is at least outright stated to take less damage form this stuff, and I think he's also resistant to bullets which is also useful, but I'd need to look that up once again, because I don't entirely remember.

I mean okay so what, it becomes a ranged battle? A prep battle? If it becomes a prep battle I still think frank takes it due to the variety of weapons that he can make which ultimately have much more effectiveness than some of the stuff that Chuck can make, oneshotting people even comparable to him with weapons such as the ion blaster, and the matter hax gun has quite a bit more range than the magic wand at least, and one hit of that and most people just up and die.

Also the zombies in DR2, the boosted ones, don't really compare to the evolved zombies in DR4, If I'm going to be brutally honest. Based off first hand experience in playing both games, the evolved zombies are a lot harder to kill and are a lot stronger and more mobile, so I'd personally say they're more than what chuck has handled on sheer strength alone.

Also if it's a range battle it just kinda turns into who can hit someone with a sniper rifle the quickest and honestly both have pretty good feats of snipage so I wouldn't personally know who to give it to so yeah on that point I'd go inconclusive, but if we're not considering that then more likely than not Frank is going to be able to take a win due to a more practical and effective arsenal. There practically the same in most other regards. Same ap, speed, lifting strength, all the good shit.

Hell you even said they had similar experiences meaning that these two are practically equal in what they'd do. I still personally think frank is more experienced considering 4 revolves around fighting a paramilitary group which is equivalent to the us military, and being able to kill people in Exo suits.

But yeah, they're the same in everything but effective aresensls in which I think frank takes the cake due to either stronger, more impressive combo weapons, better utility such as traps or tripwires, or or just straight up more powerful like the matter hax gun.

Also to further your point on resistances. Being able to be hit by these elemental attacks doesn't automatically show resistance. You'd need to show evidence on this. Frank has outright stated to have reisstance, and the most I'm giving you on this front is ice resistance which is iffy even then becuase certain humans freeze instantly upon contact with ice in these games, so I'm a little iffy on if chuck should have it or if it's not game mechanics. Same with electricity and fire. Maybe he takes damage from these weapons but it's not proof of resistance

In Case West there was. That's what I was saying. There were chemicals and acid that he could take. And he would be resistance for the same reasons they are resistance Against cold. Just cause he doesn't take it a lot, doesn't meant the times he does take them are mute. Yes there is. The Ice Bomb (Which BTW, I actually noticed carries multiple sticks of Dynamite too, consistency), as well. Electric based weapons exist. I forget which ones are combos. But there's combos with electrics Prods. And can flat out take electric shocks from them (which would leave any normal person stunned).

I mean, considering what guns Chuck has, the haxs doesn't hammer it in too much as Chuck has what he needs. Shotguns, snipers, assault rifles, LMGs, Grenades, ect. Fighting strange weapon wielding people doesn't stop or even surprise him. So it's not like that has a huge effect. Really, not like Frank getting shot up is any better. And again. Those guns still have much worse range than his regular guns Plus, Franks traps tend to rely on getting a lot closer. Chucks teddy bears shoot From a very large distance do to their type of guns. So Frank has to worry about either a hailstorm of bullets. And shooting from range is gonna be an issue due to Chucks better armors defense.

I couldn't agree with that, we know chucks dealing with these outbreaks Steven when he is much older. Their experience should be relatively the same. Chuck puts himself in these situations (fighting zombies) for Katey to get her zombrex. Doing TIR for the money and such. And he has brought up off screen outbreaks he has been in, specifically where Katey got infected. They are basically within each other's levels of experience

Traps have little usage as them getting that close isn't realistically happening, both have effective arsenals, Chuck is better armored, and sentries make genera range harder, Frank does have some arsenal that packs a punch or can bypass Chucks durability (which not on regular items as far as I remember).

And your resistance point doesn't work. Him taking hits from them couldn't be a game mechanic, considering that they still do damage, he just can take them better than someone else could or zombies could, that just means he is resistant. Ice bomb blows up and freezes crowds. But wouldn't freeze him. It gives off damage, doesn't kill or freeze him though. That's resistance

I mean then it's just who shoots first in that case. They're at sniping range, have similar gun feats, or similar firearms in general, and similar experiences and skills.

Heck, inconclusive. Why not.

dont entirely agree with it but this is an argument that could go in circles all day.

I still see it as inconclusive too when looking at it like this

I'll admit, frank does with full full arsenal cause Exo suit >>> Anything Chuck has. But I just don't see it being conclusive of one winning more times

they both easily beat the DR 3 guy though

It doesn't remove as much as you would think. Since a lot of gun fights take place, he isn't so high that this kind of boost would change the outcome. keeps some of his wins at least. Like Darnell

I don't think Lolz does? Lolz won iirc through hacks, and regen being able to exceed what most of his weapons could do. It will go away soon enough after the next Charlie episode comes out probably. They are getting more BS powers every one

Ash at least. That shouldn't have even been added. In the first place

And other than that. I'm not sure his fights are effected then. From the looks, everyone else used guns

I mean even if they used guns some of them are still relevant to AP either way, imo. At least some could use a rematch

You could make a decent argument for Hitman having a rematch I suppose. But Wanderer, Arthur, and John in the end shouldn't be. Since we know why they won.

Best watch out for those time People

all right, so I'm going to Vote Frank, as the way I see it, As their stats are very close, this would come down to EXP and arsenal.

Frank's fought off two out breaks, Chuck's fought off one.

Frank also has better weapons, with stuff like the Magic wand, which would mean he could transmute Chuck.

That first point is wrong. We went over that above. Chuck has talked about off screen outbreaks, like the one Katey got bit in, also implies he puts himself into those situations (like to find the cure for this infection, going to that lab, and meeting frank). There's also Case 0, another one he was in and escaped.

Also covered those points too. The magic wands range is too low to matter, if Frank was that close, he gets kill just as easily. Both have weapons that can kill. The fact more important fact is who can actually get the shot in. As Chuck covers all basis on guns. Typical pistols, shotguns, Automatics, snipers, LMGs, Ect. so it's not really like he doesn't have some variety himself. He can use any type of gun, it more depends who shoots the other first.

but, Frank's got more elemental weapons, and I think it's more likely that If Frank were to get close enough to use said wand, then he would actually land the hit, thanks to his Camera. Flash, Wand, Win.

That doesn't make sense. That still doesn't all All negate that fact at that range, Chuck is easily able to kill him just as fast. On top of how he wouldn't even realistically get that close. Elemental weapons aren't the best to use considering Chuck resists the good ones. It's smarter to use just standard power and piercing ones.

And there is 0 chance he gets within range of his camera even mattering.

Back