• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fran vs Ninja: Battle for the 5th strongest High 7-C

Fran should handly dominate in direct combat.

Anything preventing her from simply stabbing the Quarble?

Fran has no way of knowing she would need to go for non-lethal abilities.

Quarble has only ever been endangered by a specific spell. He dosn't stick around during fights and just appears after ninja dies. Time appears to stop during this process.

Appraisal will give her full knowledge if the Quarble is ever around. And doesn't he follow around the Ninja for a short time after reviving him to collect the time shards?

If he appears via teleportation she can also sense that.

And given her passive life drain he will be harmed just by appearing close to the battle.

The Quarble only being endangered by a specific spell doesn't really mean much.

Quarble runs away from bosses, even if he hasn't gotten his payment yet.

He does appear via teleportation, but time appears to stop while he does this (Not unreasonable to assume since Quarble can reverse time) and he's only there for less then a second even if time wasn't stopped.

What I mean is, a specific spell was considered to be required to kill him.

Fran isn't a boss though and it doesn't get knowledge either.

And assuming Frans time magic can't counter the time magic, there is still the option of chipping the Quarble dead via short periods of life drain. (And if they get a second then with Masters thought accel skill stealing his time reversal is possible)

And honestly, given how outclassed the Ninja is, him being incapped via mindhax or paralyzing poison will probably happen before he manages to kill Fran.

And the specific spell thing is still irrelevant. Doesn't hold cross fiction.

Quarble runs away when he sees something dangerous.

Quarble would reverse the life drain when he reverses time.

The one who tried to use the spell was more then capable of just attempting to stab him and was also considered faster than him. Yeah, there's probably something in Fran's moveset that can kill him, but she'd hardly even know he was there.

He doesn't know that Fran is more dangerous than all the other stuff that managed to kill Ninja, which he resurrected him from and, following that, collected his payment.

Unless you have actual proof of that I doubt it. Time reversal users don't usually reverse their own time... it would kinda make them forget that they did that.

A p p r a i s a l. Master sees it and knows what's up. And with his thought acceleration he has more than enough time to do something about it. Not to mention that the argument basically still doesn't mean anything, because without knowledge what that assumed defense is about any given counter could work.

Thinking about it, does Ninja have a contract with Quarble or why does Quarble help him?

He ran away from a literal sentient pile of leaves

Still, he would more or less have time stopped during the process.

What little appraisal Master can do will be almost instantly undone.

Quarble just helps him because it's his job.

A sentient pile of leaves from which he knows that it is actually a strong boss enemy. Or does he flee from random human swordsman as well?

More or less, means possibly less. Kinda depends on whether he arrives with the timestop or timestops upon arrival.

And let's not forget that Master and Fran can speedboost to the point of blitzing both. Almost instantly is too long.

To this comes that I just don't see how Ninja is winning this literally ever. Since the Time Reversal restores Frans health, stamina and equip he will have to get her from perfect condition to 0. I don't see how he will ever manage that regardless of retries.

Quarble's stamina probably runs out before Ninja wins this.

Quarble lives outside of time. It's not consistant enough for infinite speed, but I feel like it's safe to say his stamina won't run out.

Living outside time doesn't imply infinite stamina. Or at least I don't see why it would.

Also, I'm curious how exactly you envision Ninja ever winning this fight.

Since Mind Haxing Ninja is always win con for Fran he needs a way to win in a reasonable amount of tries without triggering that.

I mean, I guess resisting type 3 madness hax wouldn't work for mindhax resistance, huh?

Living outside of time means stamina probably wouldn't be an issue, since the time between ressurecting Ninja would pratically be instant. Still, I do see a lack of win cons.

Back