• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There's little info in Louise profiles, at the naked eye seems like Thomas win due experience, intelligence and versatility.

Hmmm, at this state I'd consider them equal in terms of attacking potency, but Germain via combat experience, intelligence and versatility, also, Germain would likely survive the onslaught via durability if the chants take too long.

Louise dies there's no contest. She's not a fighter. And she's green on the field of combat. She was a trump card in her series when she went to war. Saito did all the work for her. As Gandalfr, his duty was to keep her protected and buy her time to cast spells. They take ridiculously way too long to cast. Her normal explosives that used no incantation does almost to no damage. Saito, who is human level without Derf, could withstand every single one of her explosions with no injury. Even those around her that don't face her fury but are close enough to be affected aren't in severe pain. Even Louise herself could not hurt herself with her own power. According to their profiles Thomas outclasses her in every thing. I'm unsure if his AP makes it a stomp though. Thomas takes this 11/10 times. He wins this really easily.

DraycoMakargo said:
Louise dies there's no contest. She's not a fighter. And she's green on the field of combat. She was a trump card in her series when she went to war. Saito did all the work for her. As Gandalfr, his duty was to keep her protected and buy her time to cast spells. They take ridiculously way too long to cast. Her normal explosives that used no incantation does almost to no damage. Saito, who is human level without Derf, could withstand every single one of her explosions with no injury. Even those around her that don't face her fury but are close enough to be affected aren't in severe pain. Even Louise herself could not hurt herself with her own power. According to their profiles Thomas outclasses her in every thing. I'm unsure if his AP makes it a stomp though. Thomas takes this 11/10 times. He wins this really easily.
Francois's AP is equal to his Striking Strength, so if he gets to grab, he simply pokes and ends it there.

Exactly. Louise is not a fighter. She's a mage. She has human level durability. Grabbing her arm would crush it. This leads to some horrifying, gruesome murder.

DraycoMakargo said:
Louise dies there's no contest. She's not a fighter. And she's green on the field of combat.

Immersed in the execution of her spell, Louise seemed disconnected from all the chaos around her at that moment. She could be seen as if she had retired to a world where she lived alone. Yet Louise's mind was working separately from her body. She concentrated while her 5 senses still perceived information from the environment, so she could always be aware of the course of battle.

From a corner of her consciousness, Louise knew of the condition of her familiar.
To mention one part I spontaneously found. Louise towards the end of the novel isn't as incapable of combat as you present her.

Her normal explosives that used no incantation does almost to no damage. Saito, who is human level without Derf, could withstand every single one of her explosions with no injury.
Whether she wants to kill someone is probably relevant here. As her profile already links she once exploded a hole in the ground big enough for several people. If that isn't enough she can for example also do this:

Then Jack turned to Louise and used "alchemy" to launch countless iron arrows immediately at her. In response, with a wave of her wand Louise confronted the rain of arrows with an explosion.

The powerful blast repelled the arrows onto the ground.

Incredulous, Jack could only watch as his arrows scattered in pieces all over the place.
Jack is a high tier magician. Those arrows weren't just plaything.

Francois's AP is equal to his Striking Strength, so if he gets to grab, he simply pokes and ends it there.
Louise can teleport spam, so it isn't that easy to do that.

Reminds me of something that I haven't put on her profile (because I never finished my feat gathering blog...). Spell strength of void spells is proportional to cast time. Louise can only say a short part of a chant and still get the result, albeit with only some part of its original power.

DontTalkDT said:
DraycoMakargo said:
Louise dies there's no contest. She's not a fighter. And she's green on the field of combat.

Immersed in the execution of her spell, Louise seemed disconnected from all the chaos around her at that moment. She could be seen as if she had retired to a world where she lived alone. Yet Louise's mind was working separately from her body. She concentrated while her 5 senses still perceived information from the environment, so she could always be aware of the course of battle.

From a corner of her consciousness, Louise knew of the condition of her familiar.
To mention one part I spontaneously found. Louise towards the end of the novel isn't as incapable of combat as you present her.

Her normal explosives that used no incantation does almost to no damage. Saito, who is human level without Derf, could withstand every single one of her explosions with no injury.
Whether she wants to kill someone is probably relevant here. As her profile already links she once exploded a hole in the ground big enough for several people. If that isn't enough she can for example also do this:

Then Jack turned to Louise and used "alchemy" to launch countless iron arrows immediately at her. In response, with a wave of her wand Louise confronted the rain of arrows with an explosion.

The powerful blast repelled the arrows onto the ground.

Incredulous, Jack could only watch as his arrows scattered in pieces all over the place.
Jack is a high tier magician. Those arrows weren't just plaything.

Louise can teleport spam, so it isn't that easy to do that.

Reminds me of something that I haven't put on her profile (because I never finished my feat gathering blog...). Spell strength of void spells is proportional to cast time. Louise can only say a short part of a chant and still get the result, albeit with only some part of its original power.

Thomas can teleport spam too, and casually at that.

Back