• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
All of those are on a sword that only works on spirits actually try reading it..

Edit: readin git to reading it.

First of all, no need to name call, it only hurts your credibility.

Second of all, are you honestly going to say Naruto isn't a supernatural being? It says including ghosts, not limited to. If you want to accuse and insult someone of not reading the page, try doing it yourself first.

Name call? what did I call you?

I have that is why it is copied and pasted and yes Naruto is not a supernatural being he is a human.

Well thats an unfortunate typo lol. Its a pretty weak insult regardless so no hard feelings.

....... Naruto being classed as a human by his own universe's standards doesn't mean he isn't supernatural. The guy descends from interdimensional space aliens, has a circultory system with energy that comes from a magic fruit and a giant energy monster sealed inside him. How is he not supernatural?

Because at the end of the day his body is still human. I can see it being said that it works on Kurama but on Naruto himself definitely not. Also aliens are not supernatural...

His body which has a second circulatory system that produces a supernatural energy? Like I said, human in his verse doesn't stop him from being supernatural. Humans in Monogatari don't have superpowers meaning Naruto is not a simple human, in other words, supernatural.

From that description and comparing it to Monogatari, Kokorowatari wouldn't affect Naruto, but it would affect the energy monster sealed inside him. Is that worth noting? Would it have any affects on Naruto himself/his powers?

In Nekomonogatari Kuro, a girl had fused with an aberration, and Kokorowatari killed the aberration while leaving the girl unharmed.

Was she a normal human aside from the aberration? Because Naruto is of questionable normalcy.

Ignoring that, if the blade affects Kurama, Naruto dies too since Kurama dying means no more chakra cloak making him Low 6-B/6-B. No more Kurama also kills Naruto due to the Biju's absence from his Jinchuriki. So regardless of whether it affects Naruto himself, he still dies as a side effect of the blade.

She's definitely a human, not quite a normal human, but still a human and hence not supernatural. She does extraordinary feats (moving beyond perception, severing her emotions and having them manifest as aberrations) but none of these were granted to her or are said to make her non-human. There's a few characters that have vastly superhuman feats (9-A, subsonic) but are still considered "human".

Naruto is very questionable, but I'd err on the side of him not being affected personally but Kurama would be.

Given that Kissshot could kill Naruto, could Naruto kill Kissshot? Is his atomization through sheer AP or through hax?

He doesn't have atomization, just vaping things through AP.

Not seeing a calc for her so assuming baseline, Naruto has a roughly x4 AP.

Does Naruto have any abilities to get around her regen then?

Maybe, I think his best attack to counter it is Rasenshuriken which attacks on a cellular level. Not sure if that gets past Mid-High.

Quoting a relevant post about Shinobu's regen (and the OP saying to restrict Kokorowatari)

Agnaa said:
The thing with Mid-High (which I'd like to clarify on the profiles somehow) is that the feat was done by a vampire that she created and which is demonstrably inferior to her, including Regenerationn-wise, but that vampire took 400 years to regenerate from ashes. While this is largely because he was repeatedly getting incinerated by the sun and then regenerating, we don't have a good timeframe for how long he would take to regenerate without the sun's interference, and we have no idea how long it would take Shinobu to regenerate if she were in ashes.

tl;dr it's hard to tell how long Shinobu would take to regen from cellular-level because of confounding factors.

(Also OP, I'm not sure if you can restrict Kokorowatari, since it's a weapon that she creates replicas of with her own power, and which doesn't have its own tier. I don't think you can restrict hax like that)

M3X said:
It keeps changing anything I said. He created the technique, yes, but does that mean he did not have to control the chakra for that? No. The argument is still valid.
No, it merely invalidates how "a Hokage took years to do it". Don't take creating a technique and put it on the same level as learning it. Not to mention you still missing my point completely, he's using the barest connections to make a pretty baseless claim.

As for her sword, Kyuubi should totally poof up if that thing hits him. Not too sure about the part of him dying. That said, all Shinobu needs to do is Evade or leave some of her remaining and she can Regen right back.

AnonymousBlank said:
Maybe, I think his best attack to counter it is Rasenshuriken which attacks on a cellular level. Not sure if that gets past Mid-High.
Also, does it attacking on a cellular level mean that it reduces the target to scattered cells through hax? Or does it just attack the cells of the body?

It makes a crap ton of tiny wind blades that destroy the targets cells. A diagram of it showed it slicing through the individual cells and later turned one Pain's paths into liquid/dust or something.

If that doesn't actually reduce the target into a pile of cells/dust/ashes I don't see why that couldn't be regenerated from.

If it only turns part of the body into liquid/dust then it'd be similar to having most of her body exploded, pretty easy to regenerate from.

The things has 1000m AOE or so according to the profile so ....

On the plus side for Shinobu, this version doesn't even use it much and goes for bijudama instead.

So will Shinobu start with a Kokorowtari slash, or will Naruto start with his Rasenshuriken?

Shinobu is usually so above everything else in her verse she starts off by eating it which wouldn't work on someone like Naruto who could fight it off, but when Shinobu's child (9-A) form was challenging her adult (Low 6-B) form from another timeline, she started by making multiple copies of Kokorowatari.

Basically, I don't think she'd start with it, especially since she wouldn't expect to get outclassed, or for it to be useful on a human, but once Naruto demonstrates his power, she'd bring out Kokorowatari pretty quickly.

Restricting Kokorowatari doesn't really do anything as one of her abilities is to create as many Kokorowataris as she likes. If she slashes him with it, hmm...

Naruto himself probably won't be affected but Kurama's getting cut in half and destroyed, even if temporarily. That'll probably deactivate his Tailed Beast Mode and drop his tier down to 7-A and he's toast.

No...?

Kurama is inside of Naruto at all times, so unless the blade goes into the seal, she is simply slashing at pure energy that Kurama is projecting outside of Naruto, and that shouldn't null the transformation.

What does it mean to be "inside" Naruto? Kokorowatari barely cut the hand of someone who was possessed/fused with an aberration and the aberration died, leaving the human unharmed.

Is it specified that Kurama is just inside a seal that Naruto has?

Yeah. He has a seal on his stomach that contains it.

I think it, like the summoning seals, is also specified to be a space,time based seal.

Regardless, it is an actual seal that holds stuff inside of it like how they have scrolls to seal weapons inside of.

TacticalNuke002 said:
I meant that she slashes at Naruto and it eliminates every supernatural phenomena associated with him.
No, you meant Kurama dies, even if for a few seconds.

That won't really happen.

Plus, isn't the balde useless against non-super people, In that case it fails to cut through Naruto himself and he just gets the amps back instatnly.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Kokorowatari can easily cut through seals. And btw, is the seal still intact or Kurama voluntarily stays inside Naruto now?
Yes.

I mean that both are true, Kurama can just stay there, but there is a seal. Exept it's always open, so the seal hardly means anything.

Kokorowatari cuts through non-supernatural things without causing damage. But if there's a supernatural thing inside the non-supernatural thing, its getting killed.

I still think she can, considering that Naruto-style seals do exist in Monogatari. The seal and the link to Kurama could definnitely be destroyed tho.

TacticalNuke002 said:
I still think she can, considering that Naruto-style seals do exist in Monogatari. The seal and the link to Kurama could definnitely be destroyed tho.
Saying it doesn't exist in her verse hardly is a reason to assume she can.

Plus, the seal was made by the Death God as unbreakable, and I have no idea how strong the dude is beyond a fuckton more than tailed beast.

We haven't seen Kokorowatari interact with seals. I guess I'd assume it doesn't work then and it's a decisive win for Naruto? Shinobu's wincon is just bloodsucking to consume Naruto or very small chip damage by virtue of Naruto's higher dura). Both of which seem less likely than Naruto getting off his kill.

Voting for Naruto.

...... why does the seal matter when Kurama has a cloak around Naruto? He isn't fully in the seal in this key so he dies and the cloak goes.

AnonymousBlank said:
...... why does the seal matter when Kurama has a cloak around Naruto? He isn't fully in the seal in this key so he dies and the cloak goes.
That's false.

He is simply sharing his energy withg Naruto, he is not outside of the seal. Even when he had no more energy to give he was not ouside of the seal.

Makes no sense that a being made out of energy can run ozut of energy like that, but who cares about that? Not the author, for sure.

Back