• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I could be wrong, naturally, but wouldn't any of Naruto's Rasenshurikens null regen up to Mid-High via destroying her on a cellular level? Add in Lava Release: Rasenshuriken, and you've got one dead vampire.

Attacking on a Cellular level doesn't negate Regenerationn, it negates durability to a certain extent.

She's weak to sunlight, not lava.

Just remember that all of Kiss Shot's feats were VERY casual, and that she could be way stronger than Naruto can happen even in his strongeat fprm.

Sage mode users can store light in their bodies as natural energy and use it

"Sage Art: White Rage Attack, the caster gathers natural energy in their body as light, and then expels it from their mouth in the shape of a dragon."

Would that work against her as a weakness?

TataHakai said:

"Sage Art: White Rage Attack, the caster gathers natural energy in their body as light, and then expels it from their mouth in the shape of a dragon."

Bruhhhhh that's light manipulation ƒÿ¡ƒñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å How did we miss that

TataHakai said:

Yes but she's not particularly weak to light, even though it is a "weakness".

Shinobu, at full power, tried killing herself by standing in the sun and all she could manage to get were burns across her body. Could Naruto reasonably combine cellular-level destruction and that light manip?

Orc ninja'd my question, and for that I hate love him.

Naruto still has no way to get past Mid-High. Rasenshurinken is limited Dura Neg, not regen negation.

The thing with Mid-High (which I'd like to clarify on the profiles somehow) is that the feat was done by a vampire that she created and which is demonstrably extremely weaker than her, including Regenerationn-wise, but that vampire took 400 years to regenerate from ashes. While this is largely because he was repeatedly getting incinerated by the sun and then regenerating, we don't have a good timeframe for how long he would take to regenerate without the sun, and we have no idea how long it would take Shinobu to regenerate if she were in ashes.

tl;dr it's hard to tell how long Shinobu would take to regen from cellular-level from confounding factors.

(Also OP, I'm not sure if you can restrict Kokorowatari, since it's a weapon that she creates replicas of with her own power, and which doesn't have its own tier. I don't think you can restrict hax like that)

Actually... remind me again in what way do we regard the Rasenshurinken? Explicitly it aims for the chakra network of the target rather that their every cell and that's what left Kakuzu useless yet not dead right away - he couldn't channel any chakra and had no ways to heal that.

I'd imagine is a sort of equalization because otherwise it couldn't affect a lot of things?

The super small chakra connections in the cellular level is all I really remember it cutting, or being showcased as cutting. I imagined that was just generalized to cells because a biological equivalence is gonna be hard to find for all matches.

A Stoned Orc said:
Uhhh.
Why are we assuming that Sage Mode Naruto can use Dragon Sage Kabuto's jutsu?
Because the technique is just gathering natural energy as light, Any sage mode user is capable of gathering natural energy as you need to to get into sage mode.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
The super small chakra connections in the cellular level is all I really remember it cutting, or being showcased as cutting. I imagined that was just generalized to cells because a biological equivalence is gonna be hard to find for all matches.
How do you cut something inside a cell without cutting the cell?

DragonEmperor23 said:
How do you cut something inside a cell without cutting the cell?
I'd like to know as well. Special mention goes to it damaging the chakra circulatory system, and Tsunade saying it targets the cellular system but then right after pointing out she can't "heal the cell after it's cut off from the keirakukei(chakra circulatory system)", as if no damage comes to the cell itself but rather the damage comes from it being cut off from the keirakukei.

Anyway, I was just curious how we regarded the technique since I always had that discrepancy on my mind but now I am derailing. Anyone else we could ask to corroborate what Agnaa said? Or perhaps the episode it happened on so I can check it myself.

TataHakai said:
Because the technique is just gathering natural energy as light, Any sage mode user is capable of gathering natural energy as you need to to get into sage mode.
And Rasengan is just accumulating a ton of chakra in your hand and spinning it around correctly, so why isn't everyone doing it?

That's too broad an assumption based on too little, that both of them have Sage Mode. Also, isn't she weak to sunlight specifically? I haven't seen Shinobu get burnt up by some random room light.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Anyone else we could ask to corroborate what Agnaa said? Or perhaps the episode it happened on so I can check it myself.
I don't think anyone else on the site has watched this far into the series yet. The speech that covers Seishirou Shishirui regenerating from ashes over hundreds of years after committing suicide by standing in the sun is in episode 10 of Owarimonogatari. In a speech covering roughly the entire second half of the episode, with his Regenerationn being explained starting 20:34 in.

Shinobu failing to kill herself (or even get more than moderate burns) by standing out in the sun was mentioned in episode 4 of Kabukimonogatari, 14:57 in (this is sometimes batched into Monogatari Second Season, where it'd be the 9th episode not including recaps, 10th episode including recaps).

If these mentions are too difficult to find I could try to cut those parts out of the episodes and upload them somewhere.

Also yes, the weakness is to sunlight specifically.

TataHakai said:
A Stoned Orc said:
Uhhh.
Why are we assuming that Sage Mode Naruto can use Dragon Sage Kabuto's jutsu?
It's doesn't work that way. You're making way too much of a reach. Naruto has never preformed the techinque and AFAIK, doesn't even know it exists. Just because Naruto can enter Sage Mode, doesn't mean he has access to every technique that requires Sage Mode.

In addition, Naruto lacks the actual adaptions to take advantage of the technique. He would be blinded, defeaned and paralyzed from the technique's effects.

Also, last I checked, Naruto doesn't have information of Kiss Shot's weakness at all.

Finally, as mentioned by others, Kiss Shot is weak to sunlight specifically, not just light.

First of all you guys are heavily confused. Any sage mode user does that. The turning light into chakra is what Tata was talking about because that's how sage users make natural energy. Where do you guys think they get energy from???? We literally see Toneri absorb sun light ƒÿæƒÿæƒÿæ.

Like seriously u guys just missed the whole point.

Also you don't need to see when you have sage mode. Hell doesn't even need to hear as well with sage mode because that grants him a 6th sense

...We didn't miss the point, at all. The point is that Naruto has never been shown actively using light as a weapon. He doesn't know Kabuto's jutsu, he's never used any jutsu at all that involves manipulating light as an attack, or any other use, even. Just because sunlight can be interpreted as "natural energy" doesn't mean that every Sage Mode attack should count as light manipulation. You guys are reaching to wank here.

As concerns the Rasenshuriken, I strongly remember it saying explicitly that it wasn't just destroying chakra connections, it was outright destroying the cells along with the chakra circulatory system. One of the Paths of Pain was completely obliterated by having its cells destroyed. In a hypothetical scenario where a 4-B version of this technique would be used against, say, Super Perfect Cell, Cell wouldn't be able to regenerate, as his core nucleus would be destroyed, so shouldn't the Rasenshuriken technically negate Low-High regen?

No one said the attacks are light manipulation. I said it's light manipulation because they can turn light into energy ƒÿæ. Tata didn't say it as well; he asked

@AstralKing7

Actually yes, Tata did. He tried to claim that Naruto can use the White Rage technique. You know the reason that Kabuto has Light Manipulation on his page? Then asked if that could be used to exploit Kiss Shot's weakness.

EDIT: Also, Sage Mode users don't turn light into energy. They draw Natural Energy in from the terrain and atompshere around them. Nothing is specific for light in that process. The only thing that involves light is the White Rage technique, which Naruto cannot perform and has never performed anything even similiar to it.

So really, all of this is moot and not relevant to the discussion.

A Stoned Orc said:
Considering Naruto could stomp one of the Pains with a punch, and an indirect one as it was the shell of chakra covering his body that did it, a technique using half of his entire Sage chakra stock and pretty much his strongest attack then by far, my personal assumption always was that it was just... that powerful and he ended atomized by pure AP.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Considering Naruto could stomp one of the Pains with a punch, and an indirect one as it was the shell of chakra covering his body that did it, a technique using half of his entire Sage chakra stock and pretty much his strongest attack then by far, my personal assumption always was that it was just... that powerful and he ended atomized by pure AP.
If it's atomization by pure AP (and not hax) then it shouldn't atomize a character with similar dura, such as Kiss-shot.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
And Rasengan is just accumulating a ton of chakra in your hand and spinning it around correctly, so why isn't everyone doing it?
Because this requires an absurd chakra control. Even a Hokage took years to do this

M3X said:
Because this requires an absurd chakra control. Even a Hokage took years to do this
Yes, the Hokage who invented it rather than learning it. Try and invent a swordmanship school and see how that goes instead of learning from a preexisting one.

Point is, "both are Sages and absorb natural energy" is a goddamn wide reach, based on nothing substantial and it honestly just doesn't make sense. It disregards very important context. In the case of rasengan, the absurd level of chakra control. On White Rage Attack, it has nothing to do with absorbing light, it seems to be exclusive to the Ryuuchi Cave, and Naruto simply hasn't ever been shown using it.

It keeps changing anything I said. He created the technique, yes, but does that mean he did not have to control the chakra for that? No. The argument is still valid.

The Juubi is baseline or a bit above it, which means she will still be doing chip damage at the very worst. Ignoring the fact that Shinobu has dura neg, death manip, and life manip/absorption. Naruto isn't stonewalling here.

Back