• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flash (Barry Allen) (Pre-Crisis) Revision:

Maybe. What do you think Firestorm808, DarkDragonMedeus, and Zark2099?

Also likely fine, as I mentioned earlier.

If you read the text, he somehow had air pumped into his uniform.

Well, we do not have the scans for that, so we probably cannot use it. Sorry. It might qualify as Body Control though.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
That doesn't really work, if we do that literally every comic book character will end up with "varies".
That seems like a reasonable option (or just possibly and likely not necessarily varies), after all how can you give one specific rating to one of the most inconsistent characters ever created and claim it to be the one and only right or consistent option when there are other options which might be just as consistent (say for instance a tier 6 Wonder Woman in her own comics when she's not dealing with any planetary threats but still has anti-feats in that tier 6 range)?

@Firestorm I mean them not being rebooted to a different power level when I say unharmed by Crisis.

I'm curious what the statistics say, I don't expect a normal distribution tho, more like 3 or 4 concentrated sets around the lower tier (tier 7-6), tier 4 and one at tier 2 if Cal's feats check out. Also I think the anti-feats might be more reliable to analyze since there will be much more lower tier feats than there are tier 4 or higher feats, while with anti-feats that is not necessarily the case.

Edit: but yeah separate thread is definitely a good idea.

You mean when Flash got thinner using needle? What he did on screen ( or on strip to be more exact) was just blowing air out of his uniform. He, however, managed to somehow get back to his old weight after Grodd fattened him somethime before this.

Found the issue #. It's an addition to the original storyline

• JLA Incarnations Vol 1 #5 November 2001
    • The Flash races towards what he knows will be his death in order to destroy the anti-matter cannon which threatens the universe. He looks back over his life and bids farewell to those he loves in his mind as he is absorbed into the Speed Force.
From the look of it, Barry needed to become part of the Speed force in order to generate more energy than the cannon can take. If anything, it would be a separate amped stat.

Firestorm808 said:
Barry needed to become part of the Speed force in order to generate more energy than the cannon can take.
How much energy can the cannon take? In quantifiable terms?

That's the issue we're having. Flash could drstroy the casing but not the rest on his own. Both are unquantified.

@Firestorm808

Would you be willing to write a pre-Crisis Flash page?

I think that Firestorm808 probably has a good grasp of everything that is legitimate here.

Should we consider destroying the cannon and the anti-matter within "At least Low 2-C, likely 2-C as part of the speed force" due to their unnatural connections.

Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol 1 #6 September 1986

• Harbinger linked Earths S, X, and 4 with the merging Earths 1 and 2.

If it was built to destroy 5 universes that would be 2-C.

Wasnt the Anti-Matter Canon and Flash thing already discussed back then. Just copy pasting my comment back then. I didnt really read the entire thread so if theres some stuff that debunk this then just ignore this

"Flash was running around the concentrated amount of Anti-Matter, not through it. Like Supergirl, he was destroying the machine which caused the concentrated Anti-Matter to escape/dissipate. He did not force it back inti the machine. The Anti-Monitor said that he's destroying the machine and that the energy is escaping not being forced back.

"It is the Flash...he has destroyed the outer casing! Energy is escaping! All the power gone!"

@Sandman31

So 2-C is not a legitimate tier then? What statistics would you suggest instead?

Firestorm808 said:
We'll put it off until after the forum move.
I do not think that is necessary. It can be handled now. Maybe some content moderator can help us out.

Back