• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter_"Quicksilver"_Maximoff

VS Battles
Retired
Take one-million ƒÄ¼ ƒÄ¼ƒÄ¼.

This is like my fifth-time I think that i tried to change Namor's tireing, but hopefully, i can get it right this time.

Feats

Equipment
Trident of Neptune : The Trident of Neptune is made up of the enchanted metal known has Adamantine. Adamantine is also used by Howlett (In his claws and skeleton) and many of Hercules 's weaponry . Adamantine is also comparable to the former hammer of Thor,Mjolnir as products of the metal, the Trident of Neptune and The Golden Mace, were able to clash with it (Here and here ), and not suffer any substantial damages.

This is pretty good but I personally still think he should not be 4-B.

^

Can you elaborate?

How many feats are needed for a Tier to be considered consistent with regards to the publication dates of these feats.

I feel like Namor is missing quite a lot of abilities as well, knowing comic books.

IDK about the scaling.

Hmm I'm curious to see how the Thing scaling works (he's a peer of Namor and is yet weaker then Hulk)

I also agree Namor should scale with the Trident (arguably physically but I'll get back to you on that)

Namor should not be 4-B normally.

You can pull out all the feats you want, but when it comes to inconsistent, long-term verses like Marvel, context matters more. Namor is a Fantastic Four character, one who is on the same level as the Thing.

Namor has recently apparently been upgraded though, given that he effortlessly stopped a strike from Thor. Maybe two statistics keys would be an idea?

I do think you shouldn't completely negate feats of a character just because the verse they're in isn't very consistent. They're are some characters with consistent feats within marvel, you just have to find them.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I do think you shouldn't completely negate feats of a character just because the verse they're in isn't very consistent. They're are some characters with consistent feats within marvel, you just have to find them.
Dreadpool overpowers and kills versions of Spider-Man but he isn´t Low 7-C

Dreadpool overpowers and kills versions of Spider-Man but he isn´t Low 7-C

Deadpool is alot more skilled then spidey,and his more of a gag character (most of the time), that doesn't need to be taken seriously.

Well, as Promestein and Matthew mentioned, Marvel is also extremely inconsistent, so I don't know if a single instance of Namor stopping Thor is enough to contradict his several decades of being well below that level.

I mean, he has also been knocked out by Luke Cage, unless I misremember, and we don't scale from that either.

I would like to see what Promestein and Matthew think.

I do not know. It depends on what other staff members think.

Here are some people that you can ask to comment here:

Sandman31, Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot, Reppuzan, Shivansh Garg, KLOL506, Zensum, TheC2, Nether nine, Crimson Azoth, Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan, The Archdemon, Kepekley23.

Maybe using Marvel's official statistics to get an idea of who he's generally supposed to be comparable to would help, although IDK what our policy is on using that.

If you're going to copy Aquaman you could do the split tiering thing. If not then he probably still has instances of matching the sub-heavy hitters like IM or the Thing.

Honestly, I personally think that Namor should scale to his own feats alone.

As far my memory goes, he is not the sort of dude who goes around that much with the Avengers, or Xmen, or the FF, or any other team, unless is some cosmic cross comic event.

And I mean, characters such as Iron Man and Captain Marvel have far greater showings of them going toetoe with 4Bs, yet we go for their proper feats, why we should let Namor scotfree?

On another note, I feel that all those scans are sort of arbitrary... He fought Thor, later Thanos, then Sentry, Hulk, Hercules, Doom and now some fodder.

You know that, even in the same Tier, there are huge power gaps between these characters? Where the heck does Namor fits in this forced scaling?

Expect namor gets shafted by marvel alot. Like in the previous Squadron Supreme run the literally killed him off and then brought him back for whatever reason. You would think marvel would treat it's first character better.

He definitely does, he was there when Thanos and the black order were collecting the infinity stones in the Avengers: Before time runs out run. He was there when the phoenix force split him into 5. And he was there when Thor was searching for another hammer.

Captain Marvel is a special case. Only reason she's getting any higher-end showing is because of Marvel forcing their agenda down our mouths without looking back and realizing her sudden jump in power makes no sense. I can remember a single instance were Tony not in any magical enchanted armor or armor made from adamantium or vibramuim or with prep, did well against a 4-B.

I have no idea what you mean. He's been able to fight all those people since his incarnation.

Qawsedf234 said:
If you're going to copy Aquaman you could do the split tiering thing. If not then he probably still has instances of matching the sub-heavy hitters like IM or the Thing.
I don't know. Given how inconsistent Marvel is, it would set a bad precedent to use variable tiers for some, but not all, of its characters.

Anyway, the big problem is that I think that the 5-B Marvel characters are currently scaled from a very unreliable feat from The Thing, rather than the Grey Hulk's planet-splitting feat, and in addition, if I remember correctly, the latter feat was revised to 5-A in a newer calculation by Kepekley23, but the characters scaled from it were never updated.

Like, I'm not saying namor is 4-B at all, I never once implied that either. I just think he's definitely above planet level and shouldn't be listed as weaker then Ironman when Tony himself stated that if it were any other suit, he couldn't of beaten namor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back