• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so I'm trying another attempt at the Fissionism ability. This time, I have more basis on how to handle it.

While Fissionism can be seen as Duplication, there are two types of Fissionism that aren't.

The most famous examples of Fissionism as a technique are in Steven Universe. The twin Topazes who were under Aquamarine's command used Fissionism as their primary trapping mechanic, having shown to capture Steven's friends by splitting apart and fusing at will. Gem stabilizers are another example of Fissionism, as they force fusion gems like Garnet to unfuse. Alexandrite had split apart the Lapis Lazuli/Jasper fusion Malachite with a well-aimed arrow, though I wouldn't say it was innate; just the result of good aiming. Lastly, both Blue and Yellow Diamond were explicitly shown to unfuse gems; the former having destabilized Alexandrite with a emotional outburst and the latter casually unfusing the fusions she saw with her lightning powers. Of course other cases of fissionism were as a result of straight-up instability.

Of course Fissionism should be possible in the Dragon Ball series as well, but nobody really knows how to even use Fissionism as an ability save for maybe Abo and Cado, and that's a stretch.

Anyway, let's talk about another type of Fissionism. Prior to the debut of Cionic Organism, Eliatopia had a character named Moonchyllus, who had split her will/lifeforce into parts and used those parts as the life energy of Logons. Another example was brought up in Dargoo Faust's CRT of Cautious Hero, where he had written that Seiya can share his senses with his earth constructs.

While I ain't sure if this qualifies as Fissionism, there is some hivemind behavior that is similar to such. One example of this is the Scornet Maestro from Pikmin 3, who controls its Scornets with its musical cues. Should the Scornet Maestro die, so would the entire colony. Definitely a hardcore example of hivemind behavior.

So that would make two types of Fissionism that aren't duplication.:

1. Splitting Fusions
2. Splitting Parts of Yourself with Other Entities or Lifeforms.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I wouldn't be personally against this ability, especially since I know a number of characters who can get this ability as it's hard to list certain feats otherwise. However, this was attempted two times before iirc and rejected both times.

@Antvasima

It still seems too similar to the duplication ability. Maybe we can list it as a variation of the ability within the currently existing powers page in question?

It still seems too similar to the duplication ability. Maybe we can list it as a variation of the ability within the currently existing powers page in question?
I don’t think it’s like Duplication, it’s like separation of two or more different entities (in very few cases it may look like duplication only if it involves the separation of two identical bodies). It’s an ability that counters fusionism. And there is a good amount of characters I know that have this power like Vegeta.

It will be difficult to categorize separation feats, without it.

edit: oops sorry didn’t realize this was staff discussion.

Is it significant and generic enough to deserve its own page though, or can it just be mentioned in the powers and abilities sections of the few characters that have the ability?

Is it significant and generic enough to deserve its own page though, or can it just be mentioned in the powers and abilities sections of the few characters that have the ability?
Significant? Yes.

Generic? I wouldn't use THAT boring of a term. I had written out two forms of fissionism, three if counting hivemind behavior (which I'm personally uncertain of since hiveminds are a tricky subject to handle in on themselves. Scornet Maestro can be a Fissionism-based hivemind since the entire Scornet colony is reliant on the Maestro itself for life whereas the Maestro isn't reliant on its colony for anything but a method of attack). First form is the act of de-fusing something, either oneself or another entity. It was most notable in Steven Universe, but Trunks had de-fused Fusion Zamasu using his sword (although it really didn't work in his favor).

The other type is basically splitting parts of yourself with another completely separate being, like Moonchyllus putting her life force into tree creatures and Seiya sharing his senses with earth constructs.
I wouldn't be personally against this ability, especially since I know a number of characters who can get this ability as it's hard to list certain feats otherwise. However, this was attempted two times before iirc and rejected both times.

@Antvasima
I know that; I was one of those who attempted it. It's like a game of Ability Whack-a-Mole.

Yes, It is almost as significant and generic as Fusionism. Definitely more significant than some of our P&A.

There are many characters capable of fissionism. In fact, off the top of my head, I can name a lot.

1. Vegeta's spirit fission (can undo fusions)
2. Bruno Bucciarati (the ability to open zippers in almost anything solid thus splitting the solid into its constituents. He was able to split his own body into its parts)
3. Captain Atom (can split atoms)
4. Ben 10 (via the Omnitrix, capable of separating the DNA making the hybrids, well a hybrid, thus turning them back to their original species)
5. Ydrat people who taught Vegeta his ability.
6. Many Characters in Steven Universe (many examples are mentioned in the OP too)
7. Josuke (capable of reverting mixtures back into its constituents)
8. Wonder Woman (Capable of splitting atoms with her sword)
9. Ermes Costello
10. Buggy's Devil Fruit
11. Dr. Manhatten (Capable of splitting the union of quarks)

Below is a draft I propose Ant Sir and Flashing Lights. It is similar to the Fusionism page. I hope you guys like it, let me know your thoughts and opinions

Fissionism

A character's ability to separate anything into two or more parts. The user can undo fusions of objects, powers, emotions, concepts, living beings, etc. turning them into multiple units. Identical units should warrant a Duplication rating instead. Some Fission attacks negate durability.

Possible Uses
  • Splitting Alchemy into Magic and Chemistry Manipulation, two distinct powers.
  • Splitting atoms, also known as Nuclear Fission.
  • reversing Matter Melding
  • Separating cooked food into its ingredients
  • Undoing Chimerism, Hybrids, etc., into people, animals, etc.
  • Splitting dualities on a conceptual level.
  • Firing a large attack that separates into smaller versions of the same attack to cover a larger area
Types
  • Duplication
  • DNA Fission
  • Nuclear Fission
  • depolymerization
  • Omnifission
  • Power Fission (Powers)
  • Spiritual Fissure (Spiritual)
  • Fission Inducement
  • Nuclear Transmutation
  • DNA unwinding
  • Fission Entity Physiology
  • Soul Unbinding
  • Secession
  • Digital Fissure
  • Weapon Decomposition
  • Split Attack
Limitations
  • Not all Fissions lead to good results.
  • Separating fused emotions might cure mental disorders.
  • Users of Immutability cannot be affected.

Users​

Last edited:
I’m sorry were Divided Mind, Matter Melding* and Combat Merging a thing here? I can’t seem to find them. The fusion page might need some revisions too because it still mentions them.

Devil May Cry's Vergil, especially his Yamato, also comes to mind, which is straight up conceptual (Because souls in DMC are conceptual as well), since he separated his two halves, human and demon, to gain more power in DMC5 by stabbing himself with the Yamato. The Yamato can even separate power from heart, and restore people from being melted into with other souls, it also straight up allows changing of memories and even gives them a full physical body and form.

Both Rebellion and Yamato already have Fusionism for being able to fuse with Dante and Vergil respectively, and also helping unleash their true Demon Selves. So Fissionism as an extra for Yamato shouldn't be too bad.

Last edited:
Arnoldstone18 made a more convincing argument for Fissionism than I could.
No The OP is excellent, especially your perfect examples because it highlighted CRTs that had a problem rating characters. There are profiles that ignore fission abilities, add a text instead, or just call it durability negation. You proved just how much we need this ability. I only put out my opinion in support of yours.

Fissionism seems like a hive mind users ability like this alien who himself has few powers but after merging with his species have a variety of them.

So an ability that consists of the ability to split atoms? Well, it's not limited to duplication but could also be a form of atomic destruction. And I know one of those Leviathans from Metroid used what appears to be Nuclear Fission to split the all atoms/mass energy of planet Aether. But it does still seem like a subpower of matter manipulation.

Though not against the idea, but I'd like to hear what DontTalkDT thinks about this.

If this is about undoing fusions / splitting apart characters into separate characters, then Vegeta from DBS and the Demon King from Seven Deadly Sins would qualify for that.

If this is about undoing fusions / splitting apart characters into separate characters, then Vegeta from DBS and the Demon King from Seven Deadly Sins would qualify for that.
Vergil and his sword Yamato from Devil May Cry too. He literally turned himself into his two sides, demonic and human form, even split his memories, altered them and gave them a full blown physical form, soul and body, and the Yamato can even manipulate and melt souls into one and whatnot.

Last edited:
So an ability that consists of the ability to split atoms? Well, it's not limited to duplication but could also be a form of atomic destruction. And I know one of those Leviathans from Metroid used what appears to be Nuclear Fission to split the all atoms/mass energy of planet Aether. But it does still seem like a subpower of matter manipulation.

Though not against the idea, but I'd like to hear what DontTalkDT thinks about this.
Not just included to that, not even just splitting your original self into brand new people, it even allows you to split yourself into your fundamental concepts, like fear, anger, sadness or something, or even your human and demon parts or even give your memories form and split them from your actual self. And maybe even your own souls.

Yes, It is almost as significant and generic as Fusionism. Definitely more significant than some of our P&A.

There are many characters capable of fissionism. In fact, off the top of my head, I can name a lot.

1. Vegeta's spirit fission (can undo fusions)
2. Bruno Bucciarati (the ability to open zippers in almost anything solid thus splitting the solid into its constituents. He was able to split his own body into its parts)
3. Captain Atom (can split atoms)
4. Ben 10 (via the Omnitrix, capable of separating the DNA making the hybrids, well a hybrid, thus turning them back to their original species)
5. Ydrat people who taught Vegeta his ability.
6. Many Characters in Steven Universe (many examples are mentioned in the OP too)
7. Josuke (capable of reverting mixtures back into its constituents)
8. Wonder Woman (Capable of splitting atoms with her sword)
9. Ermes Costello
10. Buggy's Devil Fruit
11. Dr. Manhatten (Capable of splitting the union of quarks)

Below is a draft I propose Ant Sir and Flashing Lights. It is similar to the Fusionism page. I hope you guys like it, let me know your thoughts and opinions
Those sound like a bunch of completely different and unrelated abilities that just so happen to involve splitting something. More so an effect of several different abilities than an ability in itself.

It's like "red manipulation" the ability to manipulate red things. Technically tons of characters manipulate red things. But the things in question really have nothing practical in common, which would let it make sense to list them together as one ability.
Is there really a good reason to see power null on fusion powers and splitting atoms as related? For me listing the first as limited power null and the latter as limited matter manipulation makes more sense.
And where would the power even start if we say splitting something in any context qualifies? Buggy, for example, is technically just telekinetically cutting his limbs off and then uses body control (or something) to move them afterwards. The actual splitting part of the ability could be replicated by any telekinetic that can mentally cut things.

Those sound like a bunch of completely different and unrelated abilities that just so happen to involve splitting something. More so an effect of several different abilities than an ability in itself.
I agree with this. Thank you for helping out.

Those sound like a bunch of completely different and unrelated abilities that just so happen to involve splitting something.

It's like "red manipulation" the ability to manipulate red things. Technically tons of characters manipulate red things. But the things in question really have nothing practical in common, which would let it make sense to list them together as one ability.
Is there really a good reason to see power null on fusion powers and splitting atoms as related? For me listing the first as limited power null and the latter as limited matter manipulation makes more sense.
And where would the power even start if we say splitting something in any context qualifies? Buggy, for example, is technically just telekinetically cutting his limbs off and then uses body control (or something) to move them afterwards. The actual splitting part of the ability could be replicated by any telekinetic that can mentally cut things.

I beg to differ. First I will use the example you called out, then I will go through each of the characters I mentioned.

1. You called out buggy, you say he just telekinetically cutting off his body. What is the difference between that and fission? Yes a ton of characters manipulate red things but they can not manipulate the color. Espers can tear off the enemy's body parts and telekinetically control them. Fission is not simply tearing, as tearing will lead to damage. Buggy is suffers no damage.

Fissionism and Fusionism via Bara Bara no mi (Can seperate and fuse body parts)

Look at how concise this is compared to what is on his page...

I will explain the rest of the examples on another post.

Vegeta

He can literally undo fusions. That is literally fission.

Bruno Bucciarati

Bruno literally splits solid and himself using a zipper. WHAT ABILITY WOULD YOU CALL THIS? There is nothing on the P&A to describe his ability on his page so a text was used instead. This problem is easily solved with "Fissionism".

Captain Atom

His ability is literally nuclear fission.

Ben 10

The Omnitrix can literally split and extract DNA from a literal hybrid made up of fused DNAs. It is the fission of biological fusion.

Ydrat people

They taught Vegeta fission

Josuke

capable of reverting mixtures back into their constituents. Like food into its ingredients.

Wonder Woman (Capable of splitting atoms with her sword)

Can perform atomic fission with her sword. What else would you call that if not fission?

Dr. Manhatten

Can literally perform atomic fission too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of these characters perform fission.

I agree with this. Thank you for helping out.
Ant Sir, please you have to understand how this is important. This will solve a lot of issues.

Benefits

1. Further limiting texts without categories on profiles.
2. Further limiting the redundant use of "Durability Negation" in both AP section and P&A section, thus only limiting it to AP section where it is most commonly used.

I understand that a part of it is similar to duplication, but please acknoledge that splitting into unidentical parts also exist in fiction. And we can't ignore that. Have you seen my draft Sir?

Vegeta

He can literally undo fusions. That is literally fission.

Bruno Bucciarati

Bruno literally splits solid and himself using a zipper. WHAT ABILITY WOULD YOU CALL THIS? There is nothing on the P&A to describe his ability on his page so a text was used instead. This problem is easily solved with "Fissionism".

Captain Atom

His ability is literally nuclear fission.

Ben 10

The Omnitrix can literally split and extract DNA from a literal hybrid made up of fused DNAs. It is the fission of biological fusion.

Ydrat people

They taught Vegeta fission

Josuke

capable of reverting mixtures back into their constituents. Like food into its ingredients.

Wonder Woman (Capable of splitting atoms with her sword)

Can perform atomic fission with her sword. What else would you call that if not fission?

Dr. Manhatten

Can literally perform atomic fission too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of these characters perform fission.

Ant Sir, please you have to understand how this is important. This will solve a lot of issues.

Benefits

1. Further limiting texts without categories on profiles.
2. Further limiting the redundant use of "Durability Negation" in both AP section and P&A section, thus only limiting it to AP section where it is most commonly used.

I understand that a part of it is similar to duplication, but please acknoledge that splitting into unidentical parts also exist in fiction. And we can't ignore that. Have you seen my draft Sir?
Imagine not adding Vergil and Yamato to the damn list, they're literally one of the best examples of Fissionism on a conceptual level

FImeS6o.png

Imagine not adding Vergil and Yamato to the damn list, they're literally one of the best examples of Fissionism on a conceptual level
Yeah

My bad, hehe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vergil

Can split fused physiology, and even on a conceptual level

Yamato

Can split souls

The point is there are many characters who need this ability.

Okay, so far this is looking to be the closest thing Fissionism got to being accepted. Nothing definitive, tho.

I wonder if this can be turned into a GIF if it does get accepted:

Yeah

My bad, hehe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vergil

Can split fused physiology, and even on a conceptual level, can split power from the heart

Yamato

Can split souls and even fuse them into other souls, split memories and give them brand new physical bodies, can separate man from demon, power from heart, yada yada yada (Oh, souls in DMC are conceptual in nature)
FTFY

The point is there are many characters who need this ability.
Agreed.

Last edited:
This is an actual ability, and definitely more valid and founded than quite a few we currently have. I don't see the problem here.

I am getting lost on this abilities here. Like is this meant to be opposite of fusionism, no? So, what's Cap doing here?
I mean Immortality, Purification, and such are split into several different types for a reason, even though the Immortality page STILL doesn't account for curses, like wtf Vs Battles Wiki?

I mean Immortality, Purification, and such are split into several different types for a reason, even though the Immortality page STILL doesn't account for curses, like wtf Vs Battles Wiki?
Are you talking about Immortality that has been bestowed to someone as a curse?

I am getting lost on this abilities here. Like is this meant to be opposite of fusionism, no? So, what's Cap doing here?

Yeah the opposite of nuclear fusion. Cap can split atoms into subatomic particles.

The list is under spoilers, the one you responded to is just me responding to DDT just to be clear.

He's also got bio fission but ye, was just getting lost with the new additions to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back