• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of inconsistencies have been brought up in chat earlier today regarding the tiers of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji being very inconsistent with characters that each have fought.

For Example: Sanji is Town level after having fought and injuring the likes of Vergo, who is City level (it says scaling to Sanji, but he should be scaling to Pika and other Top Executives).

I have a suggestion, but am open to other ideas since this could become annoying:

We should simply merge the Fishman to Dressrosa keys. This would be short and simple and avoid a lot of friction between characters in Punk Hazard and Dressrosa's tiers being inconsistent with eachother.

If there is a problem with this, please leave your thoughts.

Yeah I agree. There was no timeskip/training between the two arcs. Wouldn't make sense putting them at different keys.

@Blue - not to mention that the arcs leading up to Dressrosa had them holding back (no Gear 4th, No haki on blades for Zoro or even Asura, and an unknown potential for Sanji at this point... he has only been spamming Diable Jambe). Even in Whole-Cake we're seeing Luffy pull out new attacks.

Post Time Skip (up to Dressrosa) should be "at least City" for Zoro and Sanji.

Regardless that it is illogical from our perspective, given the limited supposed timespan and lack of training involved, characters in shonen manga constantly get stronger from storyarc to storyarc. We would have to do a lot of backwards scaling if we merged all keys. Hence, I oppose doing so.

I meant merging the post-timeskip keys.

@Ant - if we are not merging the keys, there is actually something that needs to be done, especially with Punk Hazard.

I think Punk Hazard should be split from Fishman Island. It does not make sense for them to stick together due to this reason:

Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy are not Town level at this point because Sanji and Luffy power scale to Vergo and Smoker (the former scales to Pica due to their roles as Top Executives and combat power).

So in short, we should add a "Punk Hazard Arc" key, make Sanji and Zoro City level via scaling to Vergo, and have Luffy listed as "City level, higher with gears" since he practically stomped Caeser, and should scale above these characters.

I think that an extra key would we considerably more reasonable.

@Ant - Sanji's page is already unlocked, I'll add Punk Hazard and fix is descriptions. I'll let you know when I'm done so that you can unlock the other two pages.

I'll have to edit Vergo's description under AP as well since it is a "circular scaling" to Sanji.

@Ant - i just finished adding the keys to Zoro and Sanji. They can be locked. Still need to do the same to Luffy's.

I finished adding the keys. All 3 profiles should be locked and this thread has been concluded, so now it can be closed.

Thank you for your input and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back