• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Without knowing about the hole in the back of Ghiaccio's suit, I imagine Roy gets a few good shots in before he gets frozen to death by Ghiaccio. I would honestly argue that Ghiaccio scales a lot higher than the 0.356 tons, since Giorno was only able to crack his armor at that level of strength. In my opinion his durability is probably closer to characters like Diavolo who had similar showings in terms of tanking attacks. That's why I say Ghiaccio could probably survive one or two explosions at first, despite the AP/Durability difference.

Plus, Roy has no Ice resistance, while Ghiaccio can decrease the overall air temperature to make it practically impossible for Roy to start a fire. My vote goes to Ghiaccio

Alchemy works on an atomic level, so Mustang will have an advantage in close and long range combat (if, as the person above said, he is deprived of the ability to light fire, but I'm not sure that Ghiaccio will have enough time). I watched part 5 quite a long time ago and there are almost no scans on the page, so maybe I forgot something, I vote for Roy

Alchemy works on an atomic level, so Mustang will have an advantage in close and long range combat (if, as the person above said, he is deprived of the ability to light fire, but I'm not sure that Ghiaccio will have enough time). I watched part 5 quite a long time ago and there are almost no scans on the page, so maybe I forgot something, I vote for Roy
White Album is stated to reduce air temperature down to at least -210 degrees Celsius, and it's implied he can reach near-absolute zero temperatures. To my knowledge, Roy needs to actually ignite the fire he creates and can't simply summon it like it's magic. In that case, the air temperature would be far to cold for any fire to be made. Gasoline for example needs a minimum ambient temperature of -43 degrees Celsius to ignite, and so I'd argue the area is far to cold for any serious explosions to happen (even if Roy is increasing the Oxygen concentration in the area).

If Roy gets the jump on Ghiaccio, he could easily pop him with fire. Otherwise, it seems Ghiaccio’s temperature is too cold for Roy to ignite the air. However, Mustang is known for catching people off guard with the sheer speed of his flame alchemy since it’s practically instant once he snaps. Not to mention he can spam it before White Album freezes everything.

I think I’ll vote Roy since with flame alchemy, he can burn Ghiaccio’s armor before he does anything.

If Roy gets the jump on Ghiaccio, he could easily pop him with fire. Otherwise, it seems Ghiaccio’s temperature is too cold for Roy to ignite the air. However, Mustang is known for catching people off guard with the sheer speed of his flame alchemy since it’s practically instant once he snaps. Not to mention he can spam it before White Album freezes everything.

I think I’ll vote Roy since with flame alchemy, he can burn Ghiaccio’s armor before he does anything.
White Album is practically instantaneous in how quickly it reduces air temperature. Upon even starting his fight with Giorno and Mista the air was cold enough to freeze their skin solid without them even noticing, and formed an ice barrier around his body. Roy may be fast enough to get off a strike or two, but I don't think he's fast enough to not feel the effects of White Album at all or blitz his armor creation.

White Album is practically instantaneous in how quickly it reduces air temperature. Upon even starting his fight with Giorno and Mista the air was cold enough to freeze their skin solid without them even noticing, and formed an ice barrier around his body. Roy may be fast enough to get off a strike or two, but I don't think he's fast enough to not feel the effects of White Album at all or blitz his armor creation.
I think one or two blows will be enough, their difference in attack potential is almost one and a half times, as well as do not forget about the transmutation capabilities that will allow him to destroy him with a touch, which quite closes the question of close combat.

I think one or two blows will be enough, their difference in attack potential is almost one and a half times, as well as do not forget about the transmutation capabilities that will allow him to destroy him with a touch, which quite closes the question of close combat.
I don't think close combat really matters in this scenario, since Roy likely leads with his explosions and Ghiaccio has never been seen to fight that close to people ever. Hell even the one time he has, he froze Gold Experience's hands when he tried to barrage him.

And that's kind of the whole point of my argument. Even if one or two explosions is enough to take out Ghiaccio (which like I said, is very debatable since the 0.356 tons for Ghiaccio's durability doesn't take into account the fact he scales way above Giorno's attacks), White Album works so unbelievably fast that it's either stopping more than one explosion from getting made, or just freezing Roy outright.

I don't think close combat really matters in this scenario, since Roy likely leads with his explosions and Ghiaccio has never been seen to fight that close to people ever. Hell even the one time he has, he froze Gold Experience's hands when he tried to barrage him.

And that's kind of the whole point of my argument. Even if one or two explosions is enough to take out Ghiaccio (which like I said, is very debatable since the 0.356 tons for Ghiaccio's durability doesn't take into account the fact he scales way above Giorno's attacks), White Album works so unbelievably fast that it's either stopping more than one explosion from getting made, or just freezing Roy outright.
We’re kind of at a standstill since both powers activate so fast. But I feel like Ghiaccio suddenly getting blown up would have some impact and slow him from activating White Album since he has no fire resistance. And destruction alchemy could still work, Giorno was able to get hits on Ghiaccio close range. As long as Roy has one working hand, he’ll be able to burn Ghiaccio. And if he ever figures out about his weak spot, he could target that for the win.

Last edited:
We’re kind of at a standstill since both powers activate so fast. But I feel like Ghiaccio suddenly getting blown up would have some impact and slow him from activating White Album since he has no fire resistance. And destruction alchemy could still work, Giorno was able to get hits on Ghiaccio close range. As long as Roy has one working hand, he’ll be able to burn Ghiaccio. And if he ever figures out about his weak spot, he could target that for the win.
Assuming both of them use their abilities at the start of the fight, White Album definitely has a faster activation. Roy has to physically snap his fingers to create sparks in the air, while Ghiaccio just kind turns on white album and instantly reduces the ambient temperature. That's kinda the problem for Roy, everything he has while it may be more potent is just too slow to take advantage of. Blitzing with an immediate explosion wouldn't work for the reason above, multiple explosions wouldn't work due to the decrease in air temperature making it practically impossible for Roy to ignite anything, physical contact wouldn't work since it amplifies the freezing, etc. The only thing that he could exploit without repercussion is the hole on the back of Ghiaccio's neck, but that would likely require him surviving a failed frontal assault to even think about.

Assuming both of them use their abilities at the start of the fight, White Album definitely has a faster activation. Roy has to physically snap his fingers to create sparks in the air, while Ghiaccio just kind turns on white album and instantly reduces the ambient temperature. That's kinda the problem for Roy, everything he has while it may be more potent is just too slow to take advantage of. Blitzing with an immediate explosion wouldn't work for the reason above, multiple explosions wouldn't work due to the decrease in air temperature making it practically impossible for Roy to ignite anything, physical contact wouldn't work since it amplifies the freezing, etc. The only thing that he could exploit without repercussion is the hole on the back of Ghiaccio's neck, but that would likely require him surviving a failed frontal assault to even think about.
Tens of meters starting range because of SBA gives Roy a better chance of exploiting Ghiaccio’s weakness. But Ghiaccio does seem to have more advantages. I’ll switch my vote to him.

Tens of meters starting range because of SBA gives Roy a better chance of exploiting Ghiaccio’s weakness. But Ghiaccio does seem to have more advantages. I’ll switch my vote to him.
It's not that he couldn't, just he wouldn't really learn about it unless the fight was longer, which it certainly isn't either way.

Back