• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem: Tiki Revisions/Cleanup

Status
Not open for further replies.

XitSign

He/Him
I was talking to a friend about dragon characters, and it inspired a fight idea I wanted to do including Tiki, but when I checked Tiki's page there's a few things that don't look right.

Still new, but I think I'm supposed to do this first right? Rather than just making changes to pages willy nilly?

1. The Key. The Key only lists Tiki in human form and in dragon form, but in the Powers and Abilities section there's a third section that doesn't have a corosponding Key. It lists Fire and Electricity manipulation, which are two of Tiki's attacks from Fire Emblem Heroes, so was someone working on an addition for Fire Emblem Heroes and never finished it? Should we go ahead and finish it? That's just a really weird thing I noticed.

2. Missing abilities and powers. Looking at other Fire Emblem sheets I can see we don't use reclassing options for abilities and powers, that's fine, but I don't see Tiki's base class skills listed anywhere. We have Extrasensory Perception which I assume is Odd Rhythm? But Wyrmsbane and the fact that Divine Dragons are supposed to get bonus damage when fighting other dragons is never mentioned anywhere. Also, under the list of Abilities and Powers, Ice Breath is mentioned as Elemental Manipulation but it's not under her Notable Attacks. And finally the Mage Breath never mentions that it, at least temporarially, negates the opponent's own magic.

There's also that the Fire Breath and Ice Breath would ignore defenses in the original games, but I'm not sure if we'd list that or not since they don't do that anymore in later games. That's up in the air, we can debate that later.

3. Light Breath? Tiki's never used the Light Breath, at least not canotically since she can inherit it from other dragons in Heroes, but I'm pretty sure like reclasses we're not listing that stuff. I think whoever wrote that meant the Mist Breath/Breath of Fog? Which, also, is never mentioned as the signature attack of Divine Dragons. And that attack is shown either shooting a white mist, or a green energy cloud, or a multicolored ball of energy, never a 'Beam of Light'. This one's probably being nitpicky, I admit, since it mostly only changes the look of the attack, but considering it's supposed to be Tiki's main attack it's weird that it was listed like this.

I think that's everything, at least for now. My point being Tiki's page doesn't seem like it's up to the standards of some of the other Fire Emblem pages on the site.

You can find members who are interested in Fire Emblem by clicking on the verse page link, and then ask the ones in the list to comment here via their message walls.

Actually, Light Breath is canon to the original Fire Emblem games as that's what she uses in her Divine Dragon form. But yeah, Powers and Abilities section doesn't look too organized; and it should also be noted that it's only her Divine Dragon form that's High 6-B. Fire Dragon and stuff like that is 7-C, but I'll take care of that when I have time. My hands are full with other things.

I can't find anywhere where the Divine Dragon attack is listed as Light Breath, I've been Googling it (mostly because I don't have earlier Archanea games to refrence) and I can't find it ever as Light Breath, always Mist Breath/Divine Mist Breath/Breath of Fog, and I can only find Light Breath refrenced in Heroes. Do you have anywhere to point me?

Also, sorta on topic? I meantioned while looking over the other Fire Emblem pages that other characters only have powers for thier base classes listed, but I noticed Morgan is listed for what seems like every possible skill for an Avatar unit. So do we list Fire Emblem with all of thier possibile abilities, or only the abilities thier base classes have?

We generally consider their main classes their only canon classes; there are a few exceptions if the character doesn't have much of a canon class. Donnell is one of the few exceptions given that villagers have many different classes to promote into, so we sort of composite him. And Morgan is another one who gets treatment do to the Avatar being able to merry anyone and thus making Morgan's ability to be any classes pretty canon. But we don't really give Robin or Chrom that sort of treatment due to lack of canonicity details and main games treating them as their own classes throughout the games.

And I see, an error on my end. I guess it should be Divine Breath for Tiki instead of Light Breath. But I want to hear a bit more input first, particularly from JSW, which I will contact him right now.

Alright, that clears up what the differance is, thank you. Like I meantioned I'm still pretty new around here, and a bit of a lurker, so I'm still catching up on the system.

That sounds perfectly fine, the more input the better.

Third Key existed because the idea was to make FEH keys when FEH first came out, this idea got scrapped and later on we decided to make Separate pages for the mobile game, so if that's still there it should be removed

Everything DDM said is also on point

So what, if anything, needs to be done here?

I have made the edits that were agreed upon, shall I close the thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back