• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
It's come to my attention that a number of users apparently agreed to upgrade Fire Emblem's speed to Relativistic for dodging Aureola, which is described as a beam of light.

This is false.

Aureola was only unsealed on two occasions, when Archsage Athos used it against the Fire Dragon and Nergal, and when Roy climbed the Tower of the Saint. Not once was it actually used against the heroes.

Therefore, I'm downgrading everyone to Hypersonic for dodging Bolting and Meteor.

We can't make upgrades based on false premises.

I wasnt here when they aproved of this change, nor know the reasoning behind it.

But, this makes sense to me for a couple of reasons.

All Holy weapons are considered equal, so, if Roy can dodge Zephiel´s Exxackus (What a weird name!), it seems logical that he could dodge aureola, or else we would have MHS+ to RT+ Light Mages in the same army as Hypersonic Anima Mages and Weapon users.

But aside from that, i think it is best if we calc bolting or thunder for the GBA guys to have a more accurate speed for them if Aureola gets dismissed.

But characters that can use it, like Athos and Lucius, the MHS+ to RT+ attack speeds should stay.

These characters have kept up with beings that ARE able to dodge Aureola, which is an actual justification for the rating

We cannot set GBA characters to Hypersonic based on meteor as it never appeared in those titles

The reason for the rating that I have given is proper scaling, let's say an enemy is subsonic for dodging an arrow, an arrow is never used against the main character, but he is able to fight and keep up with the enemy, making the main character subsonic for keeping up with the enemy, who has previously dodged an arrow

@JustSomeWeirdo

You can't say the heroes can dodge Aureola when no one has dodged Aureola in canon. You can't just say "X is false, but we'll have to keep it until someone can say it's true" and expect to keep a rating.

Plus, Antvasima was the only one who nodded yes to thread, and you guys bombarded the thread with details that he is too tired to cross-reference for a series he is not invested in.

I absolutely refuse.

You are expecting me to keep a false rating for an event that did not happen. You're twisting details and using blatant lies to justify an non-existent argument. I'm sorry, but I have to change it.

My point is that no one has dodged Aureola. Not the dragons, not Nergal.

The Divine Weapons do not all scale to each other in speed. Just because they're in the same class doesn't mean they have the same speed. Sniper rifles can have different muzzle velocities. Wind like Murgleis will not have the same speed as a beam of light, which doesn't always act like light in the first place.

If you can bring up one instance of someone dodging Aureola in canon, I'll concede. And no, you can't use mooks because they're not story relevant.

Also "No one dodged aureola in canon".

That argumemt is terrible. I guess no one has dodged an arrow or any attack in the entire franchise's history, then.

Sorry, but that makes no sense at all.

You do realize that this is the equivalent of scaling Dan to Oni because he doesn't get instantly one-shotted and blitzed in multiplayer,right?Same exact thing.

@Miles Romero12

How? No one canonically wields Aureola against the heroes since it's sitting in its seal for all of Binding Blade until Roy picks it up and there is no indication in the story that anyone is able to dodge it.

If no one used it and/or dodged it, you can't expect an upgrade.

The statement that "The heroes dodged Aureola" and that common mooks can dodge Aureola is blatant lying.

Miles Romero12 said:
Also "No one dodged aureola in canon".

That argumemt is terrible. I guess no one has dodged an arrow or any attack in the entire franchise's history, then.

Sorry, but that makes no sense at all.
Except,you know,arrows are actually used on the party.To say nothing of the fact that we've seen characters dodge arrows in scripted events.I know you're the resident FE wanker but come on man.

How about we just scale them all to Bolting already and move on before any flame happens on either side

It kind of is.

I mean, there is nothing here to explain. The Holy Weapons are equal in both attack and speed.

It doesnt make sense canonically to have Aureola as.MHS+ to RT+ If the others arent.

Also, Nergal, the dragon and tons of enemies in FE6 can dodge aurora based on their feats, who are comparable to the holy weapons themselves.

One point someone can dodge an holy weapon? Zephiel vs Roy.

And by the game itself, everyone can dodge everything by RNG. If you are claiming technicalities, then it seems fair i can use game mechanics just like you.

Nergal dodging Aurora or not is determined by game mechanics.

And YES WE CAN SCALE THIS TO THE HEROES.

JWS already explained the logic of FE scaling, if you can keep up with a character that can dodge something, so can you.

@Miles

Dodging a sword is not the same as dodging a beam of light. That's also like stating that someone is Supersonic for firing a gun.

To be fair, in FE7, Durandall moved on its own to attack Ninian. (This might imply an overall increase in stats as well.)

And now, it makes sense because the Weapon users are anle to keep up with any enemy that COULD dodge Aureola. There hasnt been anyone that CANONICALLY dodge an arrow or a bolting, so...

Also, by lore, Anima Users and Light Magic Users are equal.

We should just scale everyone to Bolting before this gets any worse, I don't want to see this get out of hand

@Miles

Yes, there are. Lyn dodges a Ballista early in the game. Ursula flings Bolting at the heroes throughout the assault on Bern's palace. The difference is the fact that these are canon boss fights and events, not speculation for magical light that doesn't always act like light.

Nowhere is it stated that anyone used Aureola at all in the fight. While Roy has it, there's also no indication that anyone has actually dodged it.

@12cheeper, quit trying to provoke people, "Resident FE wanker", "Implying it didn't the moment someone suggested downgrading FE", and the like all suggests that you are implying FE is being wanked by everyone who didn't support this downgrade from the start, iirc you even said FE's best feat is wall level, so how about I say you're just an FE downplayer just for that. How about you quit before things get bad on your end, you are obviously trying to start an argument by using insults and implying FE is being wanked, I for one, have already agreed with just scaling people to Bolting.

End these attempts at provocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back