• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we should add a "with X" key for the units that can use the divine weapons tbh, even Serra, who we all probably benched as soon as we got Prescilla

So, if this issue has been settled, should we close the thread?

This needs to be bumped. Originally, the light dodging calc was rejected because the said "beam of light" makes immediate contact with the opponent before they can react.

However, with the lightning/bolting, the characters can actually dodge it soon after the lightning bolt is fired.

The result of said calc is around Mach 220.

Also, is there a video where any of the characters dodge meteors in the game? That can be calculated as well.

So, Massively Hypersonic is the result of the lightning dodge update?

Yes, Lina did an amazing job.

But the problem is how we are gonna implement it.

and i have three suggestions on how to. 1.-The feat happened in FE7, so, FE6 obviously scale from the older generation. FE7 & FE6.

2.-Since all GBA games have the same animation for Bolting, this might be implemented to FE 6,7 and 8.

3.-We scale by lore and everything that has bolting gets upgraded to Massively Hypersonic.(Geneology, GBA and Tellius.)

Just scaling by lore, as mentioned. I personally don't think Fire Emblem characters' base tags should be that much different in terms of power or speed. But I can understand why people don't agree, so option 2 also works for me; consdering bolting uses the same animation.

If Lina's calculation was accepted by the rest of the calc group, I think that you can apply this.

However, you obviously have to provide standard explanations for the speed statistic within the profiles, by linking to the calculation in question for the character that performed it, and provide an "comparable to..." power-scaling link to the character for the rest.

Well, I do not know enough about Fire Emblem to evaluate which of the characters that should scale.

@Antvasima

It would scale to every series that has Bolting. I'll supervise the speed upgrades.

@Miles

However, now that I'm looking over the profiles, I don't think we should cross scale these characters to Roy and the rest of the Elibe crew. Fire Emblem Heroes, like numerous Final Fantasy Mobile Games and Smash Bros. is ultimately another crossover mashup game with no regard for power-levels established throughout the story. It would be unreasonable to upgrade them all for fighting Roy when they do not do so in their home game.

So, you are asking us to remove all heroes pictures and stats because you dont consider these valid, even for separate form.

Go ahead. But dont count on me on this one.

@Miles

Not the pictures, the stats.

Crossover events tend to be very poor for power-scaling. For example, in Superman vs Spiderman, the latter takes punches from the former, despite the latter being portrayed as having much lower feats. In Final Fantasy Dissidia, all of the characters were treated as more or less on par with each other, despite discrepancies in power (i.e. Cloud is Solar System level vs the most common Large Planet level).

Yeah, go ahead.

i mean, its made by Intelligent Systems and almost all pages already have that form that doesnt bother anyone.

Im fine with you removing them, but dont count on me on helping you with that, it costed us a lot of time to put all of those on the pages.

I'll do it when I have time.

I currently have an exam, multiple essays, The Odyssey, newspaper assignments, and trips to go on. I can't be around all day to revise everything at the moment.

I agree with Reppuzan. We do not scale from crossovers. It is in our rules. I would also appreciate if Miles would help out, and not leave everything to our overworked staff.

Thank you. Reppuzan can give you instructions.

Also, this is kind of a side note, but JWS and i discussed about Roy's sealing.

and we kind of agreed he has non battle applicable soul manipulation (soul restauration) and regular sealing.

@Miles

I don't believe that the Sword of Seals has ever affected the soul before, since its only recorded case of sealing was his choice to seal Idenn, and that could have easily been achieved by sealing her body movements rather than her soul.

@Miles

Then it's not really addable then, since he's never actually done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back