• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
@12cheeper

I understand that you're as opposed to this as I am, but as JSW said, we cannot provoke others.

@JSW

That was my plan from the start. Darkanine also agreed to it, so if there aren't any other objections, I'm making the changes.

@12cheeper, you have already been warned for almost causing a flame war, end your attempts at provocation or you will be reported for continuously attempting to provoke others.

When did I say the best feat was wall level?Best feat sans God tiers and dragon vein I can recall is around MCB-small town IIRC.Wall levels reasonable for lower tiers tho tbh.(because no one scales to Fates characters.Not even awakening ones)And please,why would I need to provoke anyone to start a flame war?I've barely been in this thread.

Sorry for late reply, been trying to fight the lag. But I think @Reppuzan seems quite reasonable.

And I agree 100%; no flame wars please.

I still think that by the sheer act of being able to shoot something fast but dodgeable, it can be dodged by enemies.

But, i guess most of you guys agree with this, so, i think this is it for me on this thread.

@12cheeper, the base form thread is where you said that, and even if you didn't I DID say "iirc" beforehand

Actually, since you have said things such as how I don't know anything about what I'm talking about and how everything I've said is wrong on the Lyon thread, even to the point of saying bad things about my own intelligence, every time I have seen you you have insulted someone in some way, I think there should be no more second chances

@Reppuzan Sorry. I might have been partially at fault in allowing the change. Feel free to adjust the profiles if this is incorrect.

Real lightning may range from Massively Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic+ Judging by the lightning dodging rules page. 100,000 m/s low end, 440,000 m/s average, and 1,400,000 m/s high end. That's the speed of the bolt itself, but speed required to dodge it may vary.

All pages that do not have an alternate picture thingy on their pages now have a new summary, quote, picture and skill set.

I will later calc Aureola to have it implemented in the future.

Taking a break.

Actually, i dont care about the dodging speed on this one.

I just want to know how fast would a beam of light traveling from the sun to the earth on 15 seconds be.

@Antvasima

I don't mind in particular (you're way too busy to cross-refrence things for a series you aren't invested in and everyone bombarded you with details) it's just that I was irritated at the thought of someone upgrading the entire verse based on a single misinterpretation.

@Miles Romero

I'm still opposed to the thought of upgrading the characters through Aureola when no one has ever actually used the attack against the heroes.

Like i said, i dont care about that right now.

This calc is aiming for attack speed.

And, even if the rest agree with you, i still think scaling from enemies that can dodge Aureola is 100% logical and valid.

Well, the reasoning you're using "hasn't been used against the heroes" is faulty, but given that it was never dodged in cutscene by an enemy, it shouldn't scale in my opinion (Who knows, maybe this will change if there's ever a prequel made about the Scouring, which I'd probably play the heck out of, or any prequel made about the already established lore and backstory)

@JSW

In the manga, it's a massive beam of destruction that wipes out scores of soldiers in a single hit.

Yes, the games are the primary canon, but I highly doubt that anyone in Fire Emblem is dodging this.

@Miles

For a number of reasons:

1) It was never canonically used against the heroes.

2) It's a wide reaching beam that obliterates scores of mook soldiers who can at least slightly slow down the heroes who can dodge via RNG.

3) It's a horrific outlier in the scope of Fire Emblem's other feats.

I find myself agreeing with Reppuzan. Even if they can dodge it, it seems like an outlier considering they struggle to dodge arrows and throwing weapons.

Bolting is dodged a lot (although this is due to an attempt to balance long ranged tomes, but seeing as FE7 characters survived, shown with them being in FE6) we should scale them to dodging Bolting until there is another game set in Elibe that has a cutscene where Aureola is dodged

Well, it would only be attack speed, and Athos is the only one who used it in game without giving it to someone else

Erm...How do you know that?

Watch the final chapter again, he also mentions he has the tomes on his power, like if he was announcing them.

I mean, its still just time until someone makes a Lucius page. And one more thing. You guys should mind the fire emblem canon.

If we just assume everything by cinematics and "new" aspects like Reppuzan above, Lyn x Hector is canon, Ninian x Eliwood is canon, Eliwood, Lyn and Hector fougjt Nergal at once and each gave their own speeches before fighting him, and Lyon would be possesed and manipulated at the same time.

If you ignore player choice, you ignore the entire plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back