• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you guys are more insane than like the goons over at Reddit. And they get made fun of like all the time. But you guys? Hehe...this is worse lol

But honestly, I hope y'all future generations will be proud of your accomplishments from this site. Y'all are so far gone on the upgrades I swear...

Ah okay, I see. Would the 'double boost' be more applicable for that than just sonic themselves? Especially since friendship boosts are a thing. Either way, whether it be double boost only or sonic able to do this sort of thing in base, yeah I can definitely say I agree with that feat being infinite.
Don't think the wiki here actually accepts the "Friendship boost" stuff here, lol. That's about as much I can tell you tho.

But yeah I agree with infinite.

I would also add a “possibly immeasurable” because of the super form downscaling but I won’t lose sleep over it How many times is the actual speed rating relevant for the vs threads

Sonic vs Kratos

Both infinite speed 🗿
Base Sonic gets his ass handed to him

Jokes aside, let's keep the derailing to a minimum please. Even if it's in good spirits, we really don't need to be clogging up a thread such as this. Especially with the smaller pages.

Tbf it’s called “Double Boost” and in-game Metal Sonic doesn’t get instantly blitzed by it, so I think it would be fair to argue that Sonic downscales from it.
It's also currently accepted that Sonic upscales from a triple boost by the time of Frontiers, but this is admittedly a bit sketchy

They just... ran through a portal.
A portal wouldn't just exist in null space with there being nothing within it yeah? So far at least when it comes to that, the thing is it may be enhanced dimensional travel since sonic could do that by running normally but instead here it's through double boost.

Infinite wouldn't just leave a portal there (especially with him having planned to leave sonic trapped there likely forever), and the 'portal' only appears once the double boost happens, leading to sonic's 'not even null space can hold us' comment because of it. Less Infinite is one of the dumbest people alive for leaving a portal.

If there WAS somehow a portal, would be largely underselling the double boost moment, and null space (along with Infinite) to a BIG extent now that I think about it. More than how undercooked Infinite already is.. but that last bit is besides my overall point.

I doubt it’s Dimensional Travel because Double Boost simply speeds you up just like regular Boost. That’s super assumptive

I doubt it’s Dimensional Travel because Double Boost simply speeds you up just like regular Boost. That’s super assumptive
Considering that 'light' that appears at the end of null space feels quite similar to say if someone was running through a cave back out to its exit, I am getting more on the idea of it being likely an infinite speed feat and how off my enhanced dimensional travel thoughts sound. At least putting it like that anyways.

If it helps, Sonic later outspeeds attacks from the Phantom Ruby and keeps pace with an Eggman robot powered by an overclocked version of the Ruby, the same Ruby that made the dimension to begin with.
I don't think default assumption is that creation speed = attack/combat speed of PR users. At least from general experience when it comes to that topic on the wiki.

It's stated that it warps into an infinite space, by undoing the warping, Sonic can advance further into the room. That is not a feat of speed.

Once more in Sonic Generations, Base Sonic is stated to accelerate through time. In addition, this appears to be just as normal to Sonic as regular running, as he simply says he needs to "run like there's no tomorrow" and the way he does this is simply by running through these zones like in any other game. (Immeasurable)
I don't see how that's Immeasurable speed, it's very clear he can go through time thanks to the damage caused by the Time Eater and this wasteland of a dimension he's in.

They very clearly do that by going through a rift, it's not like they got to the end of the dimension. If anything that's just dimensional travel.

Gotta say, I disagree.

They very clearly do that by going through a rift, it's not like they got to the end of the dimension. If anything that's just dimensional travel.
A rift made through what means?

With the cave analogy I made earlier it being merely a rift is kind of odd (as sonic nor the avatar hold powers to make one and makes infinite incredibly stupid after saying nothing exists in it), seeing as light comes up once the double boost is done (and what they come out of after escaping), it looks more like they burst through all of it to get out.

A rift made through what means?

With the cave analogy I made earlier it being merely a rift is kind of odd (as sonic nor the avatar hold powers to make one and makes infinite incredibly stupid after saying nothing exists in it), seeing as light comes up once the double boost is done (and what they come out of after escaping), it looks more like they burst through all of it to get out.
Saying this is odd when we consider the Null Space is in another dimension and they would have to cross dimensions anyway, so yeah, they just do have the ability to travel through dimensions, again, it's not like they get to the end of the null space, so it's not a given that it's an infinite speed feat imho.

He runs FTL through a past and future sign post, going FTL is merely the way to do it by that point.
Game mechanic. The guide specifies he gets through time by going FTL, it's clearly using relativistic rules. Not saying Sonic should be less than FTL, however you couldn't argue Immeasurable speed by travelling through time, especially in the conditions set by the time eater.

It's stated that it warps into an infinite space, by undoing the warping, Sonic can advance further into the room. That is not a feat of speed.

I don't see how that's Immeasurable speed, it's very clear he can go through time thanks to the damage caused by the Time Eater and this wasteland of a dimension he's in.

Gotta say, I disagree.
Sonic isn’t undoing any warping. All he’s doing is fixing walls blocking him from progressing down the corridor. This is shown by the corridor itself not changing in length at any point. Even if Sonic was undoing warping, the warping was undoubtedly caused by Erazor Djinn, meaning his magic can warp things at infinite speed, and Sonic can dodge Erazor’s magic attacks, there’s still an avenue.

They never attribute Sonic running through time as something that is because of the Time Eater, it’s specifically stated as Sonic being able to fix space and time with his inherent speed.

Sonic ends up outspeeding the energy that created the dimension later, and double boost’s primary function is a speed increase.

There’s also another feat not in the OP, where the core four fly to the center of 4th dimension space, a verbatim “infinite size 4th dimensional space”, in their base form.

Last edited:
Saying this is odd when we consider the Null Space is in another dimension and they would have to cross dimensions anyway, so yeah, they just do have the ability to travel through dimensions, again, it's not like they get to the end of the null space, so it's not a given that it's an infinite speed feat imho.
I mean, look at just what Sonic and the Avatar come out of when the former is going 'missed this place', looks more connected than just that with at least how it's just a closed off space from outside, but I do get where you're coming from.

It's just the thought of 'where exactly would that light be coming from since it hadn't been there in the dimension itself (because nothing exists inside of it)'. Which is the outside of null space, obviously, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's somehow a mix of both somehow, especially since double boost really is just speed related.
Game mechanic. The guide specifies he gets through time by going FTL, it's clearly using relativistic rules. Not saying Sonic should be less than FTL, however you couldn't argue Immeasurable speed by travelling through time, especially in the conditions set by the time eater.
The time warp signs are objects only on little planet though, yeah? Going FTL just seems like a pre-requisite for the signs functions to work, especially since time travel hasn't really been done until (I think, correct me if wrong) 06 utilizing chaos control, after that only generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back