• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Finishing the battle Brawl's trailer started (Grace)

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Speed =

Optional Equipment on

4-A both

Meta Knight: 7 (Skalt711, Stalker Maggot, Sptflcrw, Niccokirby, Ionliosite, TheQuirkyBoy, CoolDeante)

Pit: 1 (Milly Rocking Bandit)

Inconclusive: 1 (Thatsafloridathing)

MKvsPit

This is pretty tough because both of them have a lot of the same haxes but I think this one's inconclusive. It's either Meta Knight takes his via ap advantage or Pit via death manipulation

Hmmm. That's likely going to be a long fight with them reflecting each other's attacks. Meta Knight probably has higher AP, but Pit has one-shot via Death Manipulation and danmaku on his side. But Meta Knight will probably give a bad time due to his boosts.

There should be a way where Pit wins, right? I don't think. Meta Knight's boosts should be able to provide him enough speed and attack potency to counter Pit's danmaku and dodge his one-shots.

I'm voting for Meta Knight.

Meta Knight resists Pit's death manip on account of it being magic. He also far outskills and overpowers Pit, but not to the degree where it's a stomp. Meta Knight fra

While Meta Knight far exceeds Pit in experience and strength, Pit makes up for this in hax.

Meta Knight's overall AP can be reduced by multiple things like Ares Armor or Super Armor, or better yet have his attacks actually heal him with Pisces Heal. Or straight up be invulurable for a short time. His durabilty can be bypassed by things such as Great Reaper Palm/Weakening Status, which would automatically bring Meta Knight down to half HP.

Any effect that Meta Knight lands on him woud be dispelled by Effect Recovery, and with Weak-Point Reticle and Auto-Reticle, it makes it even harder for Meta Knight to escape Pit's long-ranged game. Counter automatically, well, counters everything Meta Knight can do, and eliminates knockback. Bumblebee allows Pit to dodge without thinking.

Furthermore, Meta Knight's abilities can either be nullified, or straight up copied and nullified whilst Pit can use them.

Pit's speed can be increased with things like Lightweight, or the Speed Boots.

While Pit isn't one to be haxy from the absolute jump, starting with things like his Bow and Flight, he has no qualms against using his items, and often enjoys the chance to use them IC.

So for this, I vote Pit.

There are things fundamentally wrong there, but I'm just going to count your vote.

Sure.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Meta Knight's overall AP can be reduced by multiple things like Ares Armor or Super Armor, or better yet have his attacks actually heal him with Pisces Heal. Or straight up be invulurable for a short time.

Counter automatically, well, counters everything Meta Knight can do, and eliminates knockback.
MK's AP is hundreds of times above Pit's (scaling from this guy), all of those options don't really do something.

His durabilty can be bypassed by things such as Great Reaper Palm/Weakening Status, which would automatically bring Meta Knight down to half HP.
I'll say that would be very redundant.

Any effect that Meta Knight lands on him woud be dispelled by Effect Recovery
There is no effect MK would give him, he just hits him with his sword. Morality hax is also an option, but that wouldn't be dispelled.

and with Weak-Point Reticle and Auto-Reticle, it makes it even harder for Meta Knight to escape Pit's long-ranged game.
With him being able to reflect his projectiles and teleport+surprise hit him I'll say that would be insufficient.

Bumblebee allows Pit to dodge without thinking.
Pit's speed can be increased with things like Lightweight, or the Speed Boots.
MK too has speed amps, with his thoughts-based powers being lesser and thus realistically easier for him to use.

Furthermore, Meta Knight's abilities can either be nullified, or straight up copied and nullified whilst Pit can use them.
MK like, usually faces Kirby having his same abilities, with Kirby having better experience and skills than Pit. MK can also beat better version" of himself like Galacta Knight, Dark Meta Knight, Parallel Meta Knight and himself. If having his abilities nullified means him still being able to hit Pit with his sword then that's enough for MK.

There is a huge difference if you can halve the damage from someone hundreds of times stronger than you. But Brief Invincibility means for a short time there's no way Meta Knight can harm him. As I said with Pisces Heal, anything Meta Knight does to him would only heal him and would seal no damage.

Not sure how Durability Neg would be redundant, but alrighty.

Can you prove Effect Recovery would not work?

Pit possesses his own reflection abilities, as well as teleportation. So if Meta Knight wanted to play the long range reflection game, Pit could easily do that. He has been a long range fighter since his debut. Bumblebee in fact, would allow Pit to dodge the attack automatically.

MK having speed based amps is fine, but how many does he have? Because Pit has multiple.

If Pit can copy his hax, that means he already has a flurry of more abilities Meta Knight has to deal with.

There is a huge difference if you can halve the damage from someone hundreds of times stronger than you. But Brief Invincibility means for a short time there's no way Meta Knight can harm him. As I said with Pisces Heal, anything Meta Knight does to him would only heal him and would seal no damage.
NLF.

Not sure how Durability Neg would be redundant, but alrighty.
MK can fully heal himself with a thought using Heal, and even without that, what's having half HP going to do if Pit's non-hax attacks do nothing to him and MK himself one-shots?

Can you prove Effect Recovery would not work?
How about his profile does it. This is what he has "Pit dispels status effects like poison and paralysis.", what does status effect even mean? Why would it affect morality hax? How could it affect its multi-galactic potency? What others powers & abilities does it affect?

Pit possesses his own reflection abilities, as well as teleportation. So if Meta Knight wanted to play the long range reflection game, Pit could easily do that.
Yeah this was pointed out above your first comment.

MK having speed based amps is fine, but how many does he have? Because Pit has multiple.

If Pit can copy his hax, that means he already has a flurry of more abilities Meta Knight has to deal with.
Meta Quick is the most IC, then he has Boost Orbs and Power-Up Hearts, everything's in his profile.

What would even be those hax? And just how much time do you think Pit is going to be untouched here? Once again, MK's experience with his own powers and even better versions of it makes someone like Pit using them to be nothing difficult to deal with. If he uses that of course, it's not as if he could use many things at once.

Not sure how Brief Invincibility nor Pisces Heal are NLF's, considering they're limited in time.

If Pit's non-hax attack's cant harm him... he'll use resort to more hax? I'm unsure what you expected, just common sense. Again, Pit has hax to deal with the AP gap, and can boost his own AP to attempt to close it.

I don't see why Morality would be out of the paygrade for a statue effect, but I won't argue that and say it works for now.

Pit has things like Speed Boots, Lightweight, Super Speed.

From what I can tell, Pit has a majority of hax that Meta Knight has no resistance to. Explosive Flame, Danmaku with Specials, Paralysis, Durability Neg, Power Null + Mimicry, Poison Manipulation, Confusion, Shaking, Petrification, Size Manipulation, etc.

Pit can use these powers and items in rapid succession.

I'm gonna drop this as I honestly don't see the point of saying anything more and really don't feel like responding to that.

Sptflcrw said:
Meta Knight resists Pit's death manip on account of it being magic. He also far outskills and overpowers Pit, but not to the degree where it's a stomp. Meta Knight fra
I'd also like to point out Instant Death Attack isn't magic.

Didn't I point out that Death Manipulation wasn't Magic? That means Meta Knight only has AP & Experience over Pit. I'm not sure how that eliminates all of Pit's wincons, but alright.

Didn't I point out that Death Manipulation wasn't Magic? That means Meta Knight only has AP & Experience over Pit. I'm not sure how that eliminates all of Pit's wincons, but alright.
Do you have proof of this?

Yes, but that is not why. He gets Magic from the Great Reaper Palm, which is stated to be imbued with "foul magic". That's also where Pit gains his Durability Neg, sans Weakening Attack.

Yes, but that is not why. He gets Magic from the Great Reaper Palm, which is stated to be imbued with "foul magic". That's also where Pit gains his Durability Neg, sans Weakening Attack.
Not gonna bother arguing with you on this one. Only thing I'm gonna say is that Pit's Death Manip is random.

Again, I'm not bothering with that point, as it's irrelevent. How is it not random? It only sometimes works.

He possesses no resistance to multiple of Pit's status effects, like Petrification, Fire, Ice, Shaking, Paralysis, Durability Neg, Poison, Confusion.

He possesses no resistance to multiple of Pit's status effects, like Petrification, Fire, Ice, Shaking, Paralysis, Durability Neg, Poison, Confusion.
Don't get me wrong, those definitely help, but none of those are a win condition. Pit has to have a reliable win condition to take this.

Don't get me wrong, those definitely help, but none of those are a win condition. Pit has to have a reliable win condition to take this.

How is it not a win-con? Like he said, MK doesn't resist any of the effects.

I mean, Petrification is obvious an obvious win. Frozen in ice is an obvious win. Poisoned to death is an obvious win. I'd say the others really aren't, but he really has no resistances to those either.

Petrification isn't a reliable win condition. It only works sometimes, and even then, it's temporary. Fire isn't a win condition. Freeze, again, only works sometimes, and it's temporary. Shaking, Paralysis, Dura Neg, and confusion aren't win conditions. Poison is also random and is temporary.

Petrification is instant and works on contact.

"Attacks inflict petrification on a foe, whick makes it unable to move."

Freeze Attack does the same.

"Attacks inflict a frozen status on a foe, which makes it unable to move."

Poison isn't random, and while it's temporary, since he has no resistance it should be fatal.

"Poison foes with attacks."

Paralysis and Shaking is a wincon if they can't break out of it. Similarly with fire, since he has no resistance to it.

Back