• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[FINALS] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Leaf Girl vs Asuna

Ok but imagine people being called males and females in casual conversation, just seems a bit incelish. That’s usually how it’s used. Using biological terms to refer to a person seems creepy at worst and just weird at best given some people using the words like that are pretty derogatory. It might be different in text but irl it’s just crazy.
I used Chat GPT to write that

There’s another aspect though. Normally with LS being Class E, while super impressive, could be restricted only to hand to hand based on how they work, but with Asuna can’t she just use gravity magic as an instant win on anyone not Class E/those not with a gravity or TK resistance?
Well, it’s not like Asuna is a bloodthirsty murderer. It would definitely not be in character for her to use that straight away to kill, so I wouldn’t call it an instant win/stomp. I believe I only mentioned gravity magic as a method if Asuna gets desperate, or wants to slow leaf girl down.

Besides, there’s lots of people in this tourney with seemingly overpowered abilities in particular too, Like accelerator with vector manipulation, Spagmatron with digi-shilds and nigh-invulnerability with a whole lot of damage reduction, etc. I don’t think it’s something that will win Asuna the tourney altogether either.

Well, it’s not like Asuna is a bloodthirsty murderer. It would definitely not be in character for her to use that straight away to kill, so I wouldn’t call it an instant win/stomp. I believe I only mentioned gravity magic as a method if Asuna gets desperate, or wants to slow leaf girl down.

Besides, there’s lots of people in this tourney with seemingly overpowered abilities in particular too, Like accelerator with vector manipulation, Spagmatron with digi-shilds and nigh-invulnerability with a whole lot of damage reduction, etc. I don’t think it’s something that will win Asuna the tourney altogether either.
Not a Sonic or Axl mention damn...

You say that but Asuna is literally two wins away from being the champion 💀

Whatever though, it doesn’t seem like a game breaker and it’s true that others are OP and allowed too, so fine, it can stand

So Leaf Girl starts by grabbing Asuna and then what exactly happens after?
(Assuming the LS is rejected) Asuna will still have ways to counter, she can use a bunch of Riftways to redirect any pesky danmaku or dura neg attacks straight back at leaf girl, for example, and can also use Psuedo-telekinesis of her own to potentially throw leaf girl around too

^ Nvm, The new calc is allowed (Venefica generously gave his seal of approval) so I believe Asuna could resist the TK now that she’s Low-end Class E?

Also, I gtg for a bit again, but I’ll add the new LS to Asuna’s profile for simplicity’s sake once I’m back 👍

^ Nvm, The new calc is allowed (Venefica generously gave his seal of approval) so I believe Asuna could resist the TK now that she’s Low-end Class E?
Well I saw in a thread that you need good movement options to break out of a grab since the person with TK just needs to lift them.

I should also note that Asuna is much smarter in terms of Battle IQ (Leaf girl is described as being a ‘master strategist’ which apparently gives her gifted, whilst Asuna has a whole paragraph explaining why she is at least genius in this regard, lol) So I think she’d definitely be able to use her kit way more efficiently and effectively as well, and also outsmart her without too much trouble, especially if full demon mode happens to put her into an uncontrallable rage

Asuna also resists the fear-inducing aura via basically having the willpower of a god and resistance to fear manipulation as well, just to get that outta the way

I should also note that Asuna is much smarter in terms of Battle IQ (Leaf girl is described as being a ‘master strategist’ which apparently gives her gifted, whilst Asuna has a whole paragraph explaining why she is at least genius in this regard, lol) So I think she’d definitely be able to use her kit way more efficiently and effectively as well, and also outsmart her without too much trouble, especially if full demon mode happens to put her into an uncontrallable rage
Yeah Asuna has fantastic feats here and a clear advantage which is going to be be a big reason for if she wins

Just who posted these two guys into this tourney, I have no clue

Asuna also resists the fear-inducing aura via basically having the willpower of a god and resistance to fear manipulation as well, just to get that outta the way
Leo will you respond to this? I wanna get this thread back on track

I see. Even so, that won’t stop Asuna from redirecting leaf girls’ attacks with Riftways even if the TK somehow works and stops her from physically moving at all despite the LS difference (Class E > Class T since this is leaf girls’ 7-A key)
I think with Asuna's LS advantage the only thing Leaf can do is lift her.
And even then, Asuna has plenty of options to do the same thing, if not better:
^ (More of a pseudo-telekinesis in this case)
I think actual Telekinesis would be superior to psuedo-telekinesis, and Leaf has practiced using her powers her entire life, whereas Asuna seems to have acquired her powers recently.
  • Gravity Manipulation, Pressure Manipulation, Limited Existence Erasure, &Space-Time Manipulation (Type 1, Via Gravity Magic. Copied from Chidori in the endless library. Using skills such as “Mirrored Spacetime” Asuna can flip gravity around, confusing and taking opponents off-guard. Additionally, it was stated by Shizu that she used it to crush a book into thin air by focusing a massive amount of Spacetime onto it, due to the fundamentals on how Gravity Magic normally works.)
Basically, Asuna can also keep leaf girl in place, or even crush her altogether if she really wanted to, which would bypass the main point of leaf girls’ TK, which is putting opponents in a position where they physically can’t do anything in response. So while Asuna couldn’t dodge, block, or move around, she still has plenty of other options of fighting, since Magic is mostly a mind-based thing. Staffs for example just give Asuna swag points and also slightly better aim, like a sight on a gun.
I don't think Leafy BFDI can counter that. Would her several layers of barriers help at all?

I think actual Telekinesis would be superior to psuedo-telekinesis, and Leaf has practiced using her powers her entire life, whereas Asuna seems to have acquired her powers recently.
I don’t think they’d be any different fundamentally, I mean, they can literally move things remotely, only difference is they have a different way of doing it. I called it “Pseudo-telekinesis” cause Asuna isn’t exactly doing it with her mind. Yeah, asuna’s main flaw is that she’s comparatively inexperienced compared to the rest of her friends, since she’s an otherworlder, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t skilled with them. That’s why she has accelerated development, after all. I will say leaf girl seems to be more experienced, but that doesn’t mean Asuna won’t be able to do anything either.
I don't think Leafy BFDI can counter that. Would her several layers of barriers help at all?
Depends on how they work exactly. Can they be physically moved around or sumthin? Asuna probably won’t crush her to death unless she has to, though. (Though, saying that, Leaf girl’s form here is literally a demon, which is what everyone in her world is told is the embodiment of all evil since Demons = Controlled by Jorogumo, so I find it very likely Asuna would want to pull out all the stops right away unless she knows it’s a half-form like in shizu’s case, or something similair, and that she still has her humanity.)

Back