• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy XV: "The Power of the Stars"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, that's an interesting fact. I would prefer context about this though, sorry.

They are the deities of Eos, yes, and they are involved in its creation. Though I dunno if that is enough. I find those two quotes from in-game lore.

Well, the "power of the stars" statement itself seems legitimate. But what seems vague is whether we should simply rate them from a star's luminosity, or its entire power.

https://youtu.be/MWtd8r_2sjw

1:07 Bahamut: The heart of the Crystal, wherein lies the soul of the star.

This at least goes for 4-C EoG Noctis and Ardyn because the former absorbed said power. However, the crystal is said to having been bestowed by the gods... who are thr Astrals.

This is the first quote I found regarding Stars, I may look into it more later. Ifrit can scale due to almost KOing EoG Noctis at the start of their fight, and the rest of the Astrals with him.

@Pachi can you find any quotes with clear implications of star level power? Because "Soul of the star" is not an ap statement.

What you ask is really precise... difficult to find in a fantasy-like rpg like FF XV. I mean, yeah, I'd also ask for further evidence, but... well...

@Sera that would be greatly appreciated.

@PaChi not really, I've seen quite a few City - Mountain level statements in Pokemon for example. Even some MSS ones, though outliers.

I've look through many scenes of the game. I do not see outright showings of star level power, just statements of star power. We may not see actual star level power until later in the XV saga, or dlc maybe if we'll see it at all.

"Blessed stars of life and light, deliver us from darkness blight." is the only one I can remember off the top of my head. It's from when Luna healed that man, she used the power of the gods.

Stars = Gods. That being said, if they are known to have at least created Eos, and are referred to as stars all throughout the game, they should at least be 5-A.

They'll be 5-A regardless, scaling from Gilgamesh. I still this is the most reliable line:

"In the distant past, Bahamut, the Draconian, descended to the mortal realm and graced the people of Tenebrae. From among them, he handpicked a pious maiden and bestowed upon her the power of the Stars and his trident. Using these gifts for the good of all, she became the first Oracle - she who joins heaven and earth."

Even with the most reliable line, it is still rather assuming power of star = star level.

Perhaps, when DLC is out, we should continue this, but for now it should just be "At least 5-A"

I mean, it's very ambigous. It could just be one of those recurring myths were gods bestow fire / light to early humans.

@SomebodyData

He's a troll who tried to upgrade Batman to "All-Reality level", so I've removed the posts.

The Everlasting is mostly indifferent to this and I'll follow up on any agreed changes since I haven't played the game nor have I seen enough of it to make proper judgments myself.

I will like to add onto the fact that Sephiroth was 4-B because of a calc and the fact he legit show that in a named attack. However that is just a example though as I will have to question his 4-B rating in Advent Children on another thread will I do so as I have some problems with that one. Is there any attacks that will remotely show Star level beside the cutscenes and etc, in the game?

Also I find this calc here as well: http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blo...tans-power-and-the-speed-of-royal-arms.36313/

It was only because of the calc.

None, that have been showed in this thread at least.

The calc is Country level+...

@SD A calc that was using a AP feat from a attack named Supernova shown in-game, but that is getting off topic.

@Matt That was more like a example rather than an arguement at first, but I did admit to question the rating that put Advent Children Sephiroth as 4-B. Then again he did mentioned something about using the planet as a vessel to travel to other planets for a specific purpose or something like that plus the fact that Advent Children take two years after the events of FF7 IIRC.

PaChi2 said:
Well, I myself have some doubts over this "Manifestation of the power of the stars" being enough to justify a 4-C rank. Anyway, Titan wasn't casual on Noctis (you think they are slow punches because of its massive size, they aren't truly), he had been disturbed and also attacked by the Empire (so its not like its mood is that good). If it didnt use its bests attacks (like throwing a mountain at you) its just PIS because Nocis didnt have a way to avoid them at the time.
In the same fight against Titan Noctis is worried about falling off a cliff, a Wall/Small Building level feat.

And even if it is PIS, that doesn't really mean anything. Fact is, he didn't use his best attacks, therefore Noctis wouldn't scale to him. Superman not going all out against Deathstroke would be considered PIS, but that doesn't mean Deathstroke still gets to scale.

I'm also a bit iffy on the speed calc, as it seems to be purely travel speed.

Bringing up a low-end is ridiculous. They are meaningless, and should be ignored. Secondly, just because Titan didn't threw a giant rock at him, doesn't mean he doesn't scale. Noctis broke his arm, and bringing up a fighting game trope from Mortal Kombat has no real bearing.

We don't separate Travel and Combat Speed for Verses that don't have a clear distinction between the two.

can noctis block titan's attacks? Yes.

Can noctis survive titan's attacks? Yes.

Can noctis damage titan? Yes.

Why does noctis need to survive Titan's strongest attack to scale? Its not like titan is 5-A only with Gaia's wrath.

Question, does FFXV not continue the same world that FFVII and XIII take place in? If so, what's to stop Ifrit from scaling to Bahumut's feats from FFVII and the associated games (more particularly, the Dwarf Star/FTL+ business)? I don't see why Bahumut would grow thousands of times weaker between games, unless we were treating FF like Legend of Zelda where each game is detached enough to be considered its own thing in terms of who can do what. I'd argue it's more viable there because each installment in that game tends to start out without very impressive feats (low fantasy, if you will) before getting to what is useful for us, whereas here that's not as much the case.

ThePerpetual said:
Question, does FFXV not continue the same world that FFVII and XIII take place in? If so, what's to stop Ifrit from scaling to Bahumut's feats from FFVII and the associated games (more particularly, the Dwarf Star/FTL+ business)? I don't see why Bahumut would grow thousands of times weaker between games, unless we were treating FF like Legend of Zelda where each game is detached enough to be considered its own thing in terms of who can do what. I'd argue it's more viable there because each installment in that game tends to start out without very impressive feats (low fantasy, if you will) before getting to what is useful for us, whereas here that's not as much the case.
Aren't all the Final Fantasy games separate and have no continuity between them other than the occasional references to the other game? Basically that if one of the summons (like Titan) appears extremely powerful in one game, those same feats don't transfer to the other games (because it's more like a different interpretation of the same character).

Well that's how I've always seen it anyway....

I was looking at the FFXV wikia for some information about the astrals and i found this: Said to be physical manifestations of the stars" apparently this is said by Lunafreya but i couldn't find the scene.

I think that the FFXIII and FFXV games use a similar mythology, called Fabula Nova Chrysalis, but do not occurr in the same world.

It is probably safest to mostly scale each game to itself in any case. Despite the massive power differences between the games, the characters were treated as equal in Dissidia.

@Antvasima

FFXV was originally going to be part of the FFXIII timeline, but it was later scrapped and moved to a separate title on its own.

So yes, it's safest to keep scaling within each individual game since there's no major continuity between the main series games with the exception of a handful of sequels for certain games (i.e. FFX and FFX-2).

ThePerpetual said:
Each Final Fantasy game (Minus FFVII, which is a very distant sequel to FFX) takes place in its own universe. Scaling across the games like that is a pretty bad idea.

FFVII and FFX take place in the same world?

@Antvasima

It's sort of implied, since a little boy named Shinra is an aspiring engineer and shares his name with the Electric Company that takes over the Planet by the events of Final Fantasy VII. However, there's no direct correlation and no enemies from FFX appear in FVII or vice versa, so it's only a nod if anything else.

@Rep

Well, I think it was stated in the Ultimania that Shinra would go on to found the Electric Power Company, but FFVII also takes place in the far future of FFX and on a different planet, so it's ultimately nothing more than some continuity nods.

But hey, the more you know.

I thought ff iv and II took place in the same universe? I mean, Ricard's son is called Kain... and guess who is a Dragoon in IV?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Bringing up a low-end is ridiculous. They are meaningless, and should be ignored. Secondly, just because Titan didn't threw a giant rock at him, doesn't mean he doesn't scale. Noctis broke his arm, and bringing up a fighting game trope from Mortal Kombat has no real bearing.
We don't separate Travel and Combat Speed for Verses that don't have a clear distinction between the two.
No, it does. If Titan isn't using what he is fully capable of he does not scale. The frozen arm thing isn't just "a trope from Mortal Kombat" it's a near-universal thing in fiction (and possibly real-life, I'm not sure) that freezing something makes it much easier to break.

Plus, you're ignoring the bit where they sate that Noctis only matches and exceeds the Astral's power at the very very end of the game, and he quite literally dies from that.

Also, I'm separating Travel and Combat Speed simply because there are no Combat Speed feats to back up Massively Hypersonic. Cloud to ground lightning is portrayed as completely instant to you, and the best feat I know of is bullet-timing.

Even the bullet-timing isn't true bullet-timing though, as you aren't physically fast enough to dodge them. You have to teleport away from the bullets instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back