• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy VI major abilities revisions and additions

So, for Terra and all other protagonists, I noticed missing abilities, some of the, are added only as attacks while others are put into the abilites and powers content board themselves, I will name these abilities and describe them.

Death Manipulation (Doom pretty much oneshots, and induces KO status, so it's either OHK or death manipulation, most likely the latter)

Information Analysis (Libra pretty much scans the enemy's level and weaknesses)

Ressurectio (basically arise and reraise bring back KOed targets)

Status effect removal (I don't know how you call this, but moves like poisona and Esuna remove statuses)

Life force Absorption (well ****, drain... it's pretty self explanatory, it absorbs the hp of the target)

Holy Manipulation (attacks with holy power, literally the description)

BFR (with Banish they open up some dimensional gap and sends them there)

Earth Manipulation (opens up a bigass hole and sends them all in, it's performed by quake)

Wind Manipulation (can summon tornadoes, nuff said)

Magic Reflection (Reflect does this)

Healing (Cure, Cura, Curaja, Curaga, Regen… theres more than enough of that healing shit that works on others and caster)

Theres also this: Description: Blasts the target with concentrated thermal explosions. (Idk whether this is Explosio or Heat manipulation)

For now this is all I got

Libra would be Information Analysis, Arise/Reraise don't resurrect (Since, y'know, characters actually die in the story), just resuscitate from near-death, but everything else seems fine.

Also

>FFVII

>Topics are FFVI characters

I added another I, my bad, ill fix that

Information analysis does sound better

Reraise does resurrect though, as long as you cast it onto yourself before you die it will bring you back.

The Everlasting said:
It's more the fact that being KO'd in battle doesn't actually kill party members.
What is the reason behind this? I'm pretty sure that when health drops to 0 It means, death, this also explains the reason behind the description of moves like reraise or arise which describe it as a move that "revives" the target. If that would be the case then what is the point of death/doom? going off this Death wouldn't actually kill an opponent which sounds a bit contradictory given the move's name and effect.

"Revives and fully restores the HP of a KO'd target."

@Unholy

You'd have to insert the abilities into the page with much more formal description than this.

I am absoultely in support of this, with the exception of only the Ressurection ability due to the same reasons The Everlasting mentioned. Here is a list of Magic in FF6; every character can learn every normal spell due to the Esper system.

https://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_(Final_Fantasy_VI_command)

If the page is unlocked, I would like to make the changes, if that is okay. I think I could add whatever details are necessary, and most of these spells are actually mentined in the notable attacks section but not given mentioned in the Powers and abilities Section, anyway. Would it be fine if I did the honors?

I edited the Powers and Abilities section of Terra Branford 's page. I shall update her Notable Attacks section presently. That will provide a basis to edit the other FF6 profiles accordingly. Incidentally, this should be applicable to end-game Kefka since he has the power of the Three Goddess Statues' magic at his disposal. Are there any ablilties that merit specific explanations in the Notable Attack Section? Incidentally, may I include a link to the FF6 magice spells page on the Final Fantasy Wiki?

EDIT: May be AFK in a few minutes. There's no rush in this case, so it's alright if you leave the work to me as long as my work is verified for accuracy afterwards.

This looks mighty fine, thank you for doing the work instead of me, although I assume Characters like Locke and Sabi should also get the abilites, since pretty much all protagonists can learn them through Espers

I think its better for an Admin to handle the possible other edits. You also forgot the add the tabbers with the new abilities.

Hold on a second, I don't recall Kefka possessing all of those abilites, I think that every single move learned by the espers is only a part of main cast. Is there a reason kefka has all those abilites?

@Unholy Binding

He's the literal god of magic. Once he dies, all magic vanishes from the world.

He only keeps the concept of magic in existence, doesn't mean he can use every single one of it. I think that would be an Association fallacy, also he can be hurt by magic and he specifically said he had to stand in the circle of the warring triad, so I don't think Kefka should have all those abilities.

@Unholy

Being the god of magic doesn't mean one can't be hurt by magic. That's a non-sequitur.

My point was, even though he is god of magic doesn't mean e can use every single spell, he should be able to use spells from all the espera that he drained but nothing more, as he hasn't ever shown these abilities in either his base or god form

The reason why he was not shown to use all the abilities is due to the game limitations.

I guess that's a good enough reason, though as you know me accepting abilities without feats is hard for me to get by with.

Speaking of Kefka, I still insist he should have all resistances to those abilities that I already made a thread on, tI thought it be a good time to bring it up.

Back