• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy discussion thread V: Boko no Hero Academia

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
So... Good news, there is a new alternate universe that may bump the VII cast to tier 2!

Meanwhile, in another universe, our heroes fight an evil tree.

This is the game that introduced our beloved chocobos, btw.

Have a nice discussion! Kue!

Chocobo-ccvii

ZERO7772 said:
Well Cloud is mentally 16 to balance things out.
EWvID2bXkAAuH87
Makes a lot of sense, when you consider the 5 years in a coma and he had between a couple of weeks to months between the ending of CC and the original game. Glad this was actually incorporated to his characterization, that he's still a maladjusted teenager, before the many, many other issues he has.

So he have a 16 year old with PTSD, full on a power trip due to the delusion he is this badass edgy action hero he always dreamed to be, which compensates for a massive inferiority complex over his buried failures and loneliness, alongside Dissociative Amnesia that hides all traumatic memoreis that would normally reconcile his more honest and genuine emotions with his current position in life, but instead feed the idea that he should escape from who he really is to live the fantasy he is "strong" instead of actually try to move on.

And people complain that his dialogue is awkward?

EDIT: Aerith being the most important character is pretty evident all the way through >_>. I mean, she's the one connected to the real villiain, the one that knows what's really going on, the one with the mystic powers to move the plot, the one who's relationship with the hero is clearly shown as the most relevant and impactful and so on. The original balanced this out with her sudden death rather early, so everyone else didn't have her to move the story for them. But with the Remake sparing everybody for death it could be an issue that Aerith does everything and everyone else is irrelevant if they are not careful (which was already an issue in the Compilation)

. ---

I really need to tackle V once again in the future. Right now moving to IV

Here's a meme:

Galufdoesntdie

So I just found out that in DoC the game revealed that there is a bigger Lifestream "Universal Lifestream" and all the planet lifestream is supposed to go back to it once the plant dies. Also apparently Geostigma still exists in DoC?

Why did no one bring that up? Sephiroth talk about their planet becoming part of the "edge of creation" makes a bit more sense now. Also, the fact that Sephiroth never truly "dies" and that Aerith has no control over his soul means that he could potentially affect the bigger lifestream even

Tier 2 FFVII was always under our noses ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

I never played DoC.

I never owmed a ps2.

Out of curiosity, which is your favourite chocobo?

Unpopular opinion but I never cared much about Chocobo.

The only one that stood out for me was the angel of Valhalla in lightning returns

ZERO7772 said:
Unpopular opinion but I never cared much about Chocobo.

The only one that stood out for me was the angel of Valhalla in lightning returns
Poor Boko only wanted a friend.

Classic Yellows for me, though the Golden ones have a special place for being the end goal of the breeding sidequest. Tactics traumatized me with Black and Red Chocobos. Choco Pellets and Choco Meteors hurt

@Zero: Okay, really? I... completely missed the universal part in DoC (don't worry, not a good game, PaChi, Vincent deserved better edgy adventures). They did mention the cycle repeats across the universe (something Bugenhagen also mentions in the original), which is what Omega is supposed to start over if the Planet is about to die, but from what I got it was a independent process for each Planet. If there was an universal reach from the Planet where the story takes place I completely missed it >_>;

Yeah, Geostigma is still around technically, Jenova's "corpse", as in her dead cells, are still lingering in the Lifestream in some parts, essentially making corrupted. Good thing is that since Sephy is no longer around, it's not actively chasing down or eating people. Though the game doesn't clarify what's the exact relantionship between that and the stagnated Lifestream Nero and Chaos have. They say "stagnation of life" but don't really elaborate. It can't be born from the negative lifestream since Nero's Power and Chaos have been around for much longer than Geostigma. It does show properties kinda similar to the Void mixed up with the worst of the regular lifestream.

Yeah, Aerith can't affect Sephiroth's spirit, nor can the Lifestream do anything to him once he figured how to anchor himself, he became such a strong parasitic presence in that regard, kinda fitting for his massive ego and god complex. However, I personally at least, never quite found proof that he survived post AC until the Remake came around. I've seen "interviews" being cited and supposed word of god, but no sources. Everything initially pointed out Sephy was gone for good as his influence seemed effectively gone with Geostigma being cured, until the Remake showed he's still at it.

Well, Nevermind.

I was watching a theory video which mentioned this "Universal Lifestream" I immediately believed it because I never played DoC. I checked the cutscene, they mentioned that Omega collects all the souls in the planet and "embarked on a journey through the stars" although there not mention that a bigger Lifestream exists. If every planet has a similar cycle it's pretty possible theory thought

I remember reading that Sephy linked himself to Cloud like a parasite at the end of FFVII. I was under the impression that as long as Cloud exists Sephiroth will never die, hence the "I will never be a memory" quote no? I am aware that Aerith cured him of Geostigma but how did she do that exactly? The Gemostigma is caused by Jenova cells, maybe she removed it from his body.

But if that's the case how come Cloud is still so much stronger than everyone else? He was nothing special before the Jenova BS.

Is there a slow update going on? I just saw some ff7 profiles and I was wondering why tifa is somehow at 3-C and Cloud is at 4-B.

it’s been like that for a while.

Noticed some things on the WoL(XIV)'s page from 1st glance. For his resistance to Doom and Zombie that would qualify for a resistance to curse manipulation and necromancy respectively.

Is there a slow update going on? I just saw some ff7 profiles and I was wondering why tifa is somehow at 3-C and Cloud is at 4-B.

it’s been like that for a while.
Yeah, apologies, I've been slow on it due to IRL stuff eating my time (mostly work and studies), I'll be getting the profiles updated by this weekend at most, at the very least for the main party. Tifa was updated in the meantime, without my input, a helping hand I do appreciate though. Another thing is that I need to cover some other things with the upgrade as new keys were accepted, such as Striking Strength, Durability a and speed in some cases, which includes the proper links and scans that have to be included. Mostly because I am not a big fan of simply putting "Building level (Can hurt Melvin); Supersonic (Faster than Steve)"

Well, Cloud was finally updated. Took a lot more time than I expected, but this should streamline things for the rest of the party as he had the most keys and most of the links are there.

Back