• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Cleansing of Marvel Handbook Scaling: First Batch

There isn's a clean line to draw, but he was powered up in Jason Aaron's current Avengers run.

Classic Spider-Man is too much work tbh, we gotta split his profiles into parts alongside his rogues gallery

I guess if we wanted that, 1990 Spider-Man series is a good margin as it was a relaunch of the character as well as containing his peak feats, and proceeding that most villains became amped in some regard.

He would be like, at least 9-A.

In regards to Namor, I think post 2000s can be assumed 4-B?

Strange, Dormammu and Captain Marvel need a defined margin too

Namor simply needs an extra statistics key in his page. Anything further is unnecessary.

To be quite fair I think even that is unneeded, our current ratings for Namor are completely fine

Zark2099 said:
Classic Spider-Man is too much work tbh, we gotta split his profiles into parts alongside his rogues gallery

I guess if we wanted that, 1990 Spider-Man series is a good margin as it was a relaunch of the character as well as containing his peak feats, and proceeding that most villains became amped in some regard.

He would be like, at least 9-A.

In regards to Namor, I think post 2000s can be assumed 4-B?

Strange, Dormammu and Captain Marvel need a defined margin too
Classic Dormammu's margin is Strange Tales #126 (his first appearance) - Defenders Vol. 3 #5 (He gives up Eternity's Power and then Umar depowers him to beneath 4-B). I can add that if someone unlocks the page.

Yes. An extra straight 4-B key for Namor is fine.

Dormammu simply suffered from the Brian Bendis snowball effect of turning once impressive villains into jokes though. There was no logical reason for him being depowered other than that the writers dislike him and likely considered him too powerful to write stories about otherwise.

Yes, but he was later referred to have overthrown and killed Umar (who was later revived by the Wishing Well), so other writers ignored this point.

That's fair, I guess. The timeframe I gave for Classic Dormmamu still works though, and gives an in-continuity reason for him being so much weaker.

Well, it is just trying to apply an in-story explanation when there is none to be found.

Doesn't there need to be an in-continuity explanation though? That's why Odin got his modern 4-B key removed, cause there wasn't an in-continuity reason.

Not necessarily. I think that there just needs to be a drastic blatant difference.

To be quite fair I think Modern Dormammu is shown to be yet far superior to Modern Strange, so maybe his "Modern incarnation" is some PIS and nothing else?

Well 2-C isn't in relation to Dormammu IMO, and yes, talking in context to 4-B.

Honestly I legitimately don't believe he has a legitimate power downgrade and is just PIS'd which we're taking too seriously

Back