• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fight like a Devil - Dante Vs Jin

And last thing, Jin used telekinesis to blow up stuff, lifting strength is literally irrelevant here as he aint attempting force choking in that situation

Why is Dante's royalgaurd considered a game mechanic? A game mechanic is Mario getting injured after lightly brushing up against a goomba. A character using styles that have been a thing for the majority of his games isn't.

Guess we're ignoring the last three games then. A game character has their arsenal from the attacks they use in the game. You can't write off Dantes RG just because it hasn't happened in a cutscene.

Mate stop downplaying Dante royal guard is part of his abilities

I never said anything about soul manipulation Jin's page has no resistance to fear manipulation just because the demons in dmc have resistance to it doesn't mean Jin does is well plus deconstruction which again he doesn't have resistance to it

The close combat thing is a stupid argument and you know Dante is a master swordsman he knows how to fight

Stop wanking tekken and down playing dmc

Dante's Royalguard is listed on his profile as part of his abilities, if you don't agree, make a CRT and we discuss

Also, dunno why you are bringing High 6-A stuff here, Jin here is 7-A, not High 6-A, and having High 6-A durability doesn't make you resistant against certain High 6-A Haxes

Nah, Dante would definitely RG the lasers. Again, because a character uses a certain ability in gameplay, it doesn't mean that the ability is invalid. A game mechanic is something like Mario dying after he falls in a hole. There's a whole page on game mechanics, I suggest you read up on it.

Sparda 20000000 said:
Mate stop downplaying Dante royal guard is part of his abilities
I never said anything about soul manipulation Jin's page has no resistance to fear manipulation just because the demons in dmc have resistance to it doesn't mean Jin does is well plus deconstruction which again he doesn't have resistance to it

The close combat thing is a stupid argument and you know Dante is a master swordsman he knows how to fight

Stop wanking tekken and down playing dmc
Yeah tell me how Dante gets past the forcefield pal, the bullets and what not are literally irrelevant against that

Being a swordsman is irrelevant, if both will end up close to each other, Jin wrecks him, no argument, dont try to find excuses

How about you fanboys stop wanking Dante and his verse, no wonder the series has a bad reputation, cuz of people like you, also i dont wank anything, you are just ignorant

Dante Demon Killah said:
Dante's Royalguard is listed on his profile as part of his abilities, if you don't agree, make a CRT and we discuss
Also, dunno why you are bringing High 6-A stuff here, Jin here is 7-A, not High 6-A, and having High 6-A durability doesn't make you resistant against certain High 6-A Haxes
Then neither you guys bring planetary soul hax resistance for 7-A Dante or let me guess, Dante gets special treatment here on that department?

Give me the discussion thread for DMC, i will say there to all those that help DMC these stuff

And one more thing, what did you thought when you made this fight? If according to everyone its easy win as its claimed

TFSCell said:
Nah, Dante would definitely RG the lasers. Again, because a character uses a certain ability in gameplay, it doesn't mean that the ability is invalid. A game mechanic is something like Mario dying after he falls in a hole. There's a whole page on game mechanics, I suggest you read up on it.
By your logic Jin lasers are unblockable going by how they work in the games and much more

AP doesn't effect hax, range does. If soul manip effects everyone on the planet, its planetary range. Simple.

You are literally not bringing an argument now you saying Jin beats Dante up close why give reasons Dante is a close up fighter

Dante has fought people with forcefields before Jin isn't bringing anything new here

How am I the fanboy when your the one not answer my questions you are the one being ignorant

Another thing to point out, why its assumed literally every ability and weapon from each Dante version is used by the next one? Anime Dante 100% never used all the previous stuff he had before or had all the weapons either

By your logic Jin lasers are unblockable going by how they work in the games and much more

No. An ability that a character uses in a game is not a game mechanic. Once again, read up on the page that explains game mechanics to get a better understanding of what it is.

Sparda 20000000 said:
You are literally not bringing an argument now you saying Jin beats Dante up close why give reasons Dante is a close up fighter
Dante has fought people with forcefields before Jin isn't bringing anything new here

How am I the fanboy when your the one not answer my questions you are the one being ignorant
Since when swordsmanship = h2h skill huh? Jin has more experience and skill, thinking Dante even competes at that category with just swordsmanship is wank at its finest

Since when....since never....Jin can defend himself from Dante attacks, another exmaple of wank

I answered every question, dont pretend otherwise and stop overrating the character

Dante never goes DT from the start, he goes when the situation calls for it, ebony and ivory bullets need to hit him, you think Jin is just gonna stay there? Get real

TFSCell said:
No. An ability that a character uses in a game is not a game mechanic. Once again, read up on the page that explains game mechanics to get a better understanding of what it is.
So by this logic you agree Jin lasers are unblockable and they cant be parried either then

Dante has beat baul and modeus who had over 2000 years worth of combat experience I'm pretty sure that beats jin's

Mundus had force field so Jin isn't bring anything new

Never said Dante started with devil trigger said it was in character for him to use and if Jin is so much better like you clam what's stopping him

Again how is Jin going to handle Dante's fear hax he has no answer for plus jin's fear would make Dante stronger

How am I overrating Dante?

I counted around five votes for Dante, and one for Jin.

I'll also be voting for Dante for fighting demons with thousands of years of experience and low-high regen nullification.

>Tfw you don't have arguments and start calling everything wank to try and defend your character

I'll respond to your "arguments" when I have time

Dante Demon Killah said:
What is a NLF ?
No Limits Fallacy, a term used when a person keep overestimate a character ability or feats to no limit despite said character never showed to be that strong.

You can read more in here.

Thats literally how they are in his games, thanks for showing favoritism over Dante and his royal guard game mechanic

You're being pretty difficult. I'm not showing any favoritism. Jin can use his lasers, and Dante uses royal guard which hard counters the lasers.

Sparda 20000000 said:
Dante has beat baul and modeus who had over 2000 years worth of combat experience I'm pretty sure that beats jin's
Mundus had force field so Jin isn't bring anything new

Never said Dante started with devil trigger said it was in character for him to use and if Jin is so much better like you clam what's stopping him

Again how is Jin going to handle Dante's fear hax he has no answer for plus jin's fear would make Dante stronger

How am I overrating Dante?
Combat in swordsmanship, not h2h combat, AKA martial arts, more wank

DT is irrelevant since he will use when in a dire situation, which is too late at that point

Mundus never used his forcefields vs Dante, yet another reach, Jin can defend from what Dante throws at him period and avoid too

Can be seen above where you and others overrate him, with planetary hax and what not

TFSCell said:
You're being pretty difficult. I'm not showing any favoritism. Jin can use his lasers, and Dante uses royal guard which hard counters the lasers.
Game mechanics....where i can use lasers which you cant block or parry in the games, rendering your royal guard utterly useless

Hows he even going to touch Dante with instinctive reaction? 2000 years of swordsmanship is still combat experience which means that Dante is gonna have a field day with Jin. The difference in lifting strength means that Dante can literally just ragdoll Jin every time they clash.

At what point is it too late? What does Jin have that can harm Dante?

In Mundus' profile it says he can use force fields.

Overrated because he has good hax resistance? Okay, sure.

Game mechanics....where i can use lasers which you cant block or parry in the games, rendering your royal guard utterly useless

Royal Gaurd means the lasers are now nullified and belong to Dante. Again, RG is a hard counter to lasers.

Back