• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
Introduction

Welcome again to another Featured Matchup. This time the combatants are the Android YoRHa No.2 Type B (the winner from the last poll) and Astolfo, the Rider of Black.

Please direct any questions you may have to my wall.

The Matchup! 2B VS Astolfo

Nier automata 2b by l3monjuic3-daue0cr
2B's Profile: 0 Votes ->

Astolfo's Profie: 0 Votes ->

• Speed is Equalized (Including attack speed/reaction speed)
  • Both fighters are serious about winning
  • Fight happens in an open grass field
  • Healing Chips are limited to 1 and Revival Chips are disabled
ATTENTION!: I will not be counting one sentence votes, votes agreeing to them or any votes that only list a character's abilities while completely ignoring the other character.

How to Vote For the Next Character
You can vote for the next character to be featured in the upcoming matchup by going to this poll . Some options are already provided, but users have the freedom to add their own answers by clicking OTHER. Please do not insert duplicate answers as they will not be counted.

Disclaimer: We are not affiliated in any way with the polling website. The staff behind this project holds the right to change the participants of the matchups if the need arises and to ensure variety. Credit for the versus template go to AtomicMonkey4Life and Kaltias for the image.

It's the Featured Matchups. So that less used characters get a chance in the spotlight. They happen once a month or so

Yes, this feature was approved by the staff. It can continue as long as the members who handle it still want to do so.

2B takes this with Mid difficulty.

Magic resistance and magic book are both rendered null ny 2Bs abilities.

Astolfo is baseline 7B durability with any attack.

And 2B can easily abuse her range with her variety pods or take the advantage in CQC with her variety of weapons and time Manipulation abilities.

2B takes this for me.

2B for Gargoyle's reasons.

I also think we should have more of these, I thought we quit having them after Lightning vs Zygarde.

First of all, 2Bs mobility is much more constricted then Astolfo's (No duh it's a Rider) a single NP one shots, and I kinda forgot we're using 7B versions, so no one shot.

TeenAngel101 said:
I also think we should have more of these, I thought we quit having them after Lightning vs Zygarde.
Yeah, sorry about that, IRL stuff.

Also you two having the same profile picture makes this confusing lol

Astolfo's almost instinct along with being on a pretty respectable level on 7-B should prevent her from killing him when he's mounted, along with Hippogriff's ability to phase between reailty and deal heavy damage and potentially getting a one shot kill gives him the advantage when mounted.

But 2B should be able to take the opportunity to kill him before that happens, his almost instinct would let him put up a fight but ultimately unless he gets on his mount he dies. With 2B's ranged options I see her killing him before he gets on hippogriff.

Voting for 2B high difficulty.

2B should be able to take this.

She has better versatility both in ranged and close combat (Time Slow, Gravity Manip, Mind Control, Invulnerability, and many more). Also her 3 pods means Astolfo has to fight 4 opponents at the same time, each of which is capable of dealing decisive blows.

The Abilities of Astolfos Hippogriff could pose a threat nonetheless, so 2B with some difficulty should be a justified decision in my opinion.

SpectralSwords, that's not enough to be considered a vote. Either give a good reason, or mention that you agree with someone else's.

@Spectral

You don't have to be all knowledgeable on both characters. If you read about their abilities on the profiles and make a judgement based on that, that is perfectly fine, as long as you give specific reasons.

2-B because she has better variety and way better range, also the fact that Astolfo's main hax are kinda useless against 2-B: souls manipulation won't work because robots don't have souls and 2B has telekinesy so it dosn't matter if Astolfo can cut her legs with the trap. also what is the problem with Astolfo's gender ? it totally looks like a girl yet somehow Astolfo is male, gives me conniptions

He's one of those anime characters that LOOKS like female, but is actually a dude. Notice how only his face and hair resemble a girl, but his actual body lacks any female attributes.

And no, this is not because he's a loli.

I'm honestly curious, why would 2B be able to nullify Astolfo's Magic Resistance? I recall that magic bypasses a great deal of the androids' defenses.

In addition, Astolfo is immune to conventional weapons. Does 2B have attacks with any sort of magic in them?

Then Astolfo has a decisive advantage in that the vast majority of 2B's armaments will be useless against him.

But then Astolfo can't get past her massive versatility advantage, or her flight unit.

Guess this is inconclusive

Reppuzan said:
I'm honestly curious, why would 2B be able to nullify Astolfo's Magic Resistance? I recall that magic bypasses a great deal of the androids' defenses.
You're recalling the quote from the Emil fight, who's abilities reference his petrification from the first Nier.

Also, there's a difference between your opponents resistance not working because it works on magic, and the opponent having a durability ignoring magic attack.

Repp has a point.

Almost all of 2B's weapons are conventional. They're hi-tech, sure, but still mundane in the grand scheme of things.

The only weapon she's got that can actually hurt Astolfo is the Engine Blade, which is mention to be magical. Considering who owned the thing, that's not surprising.

So, 2B has the hax/versatility advantage but only one weapon that could hurt Astolfo.

@Gargoyle

Astolfo has his Hippogriff, so I don't understand why he wouldn't be able to deal with a flying 2B.

Plus anything that's poked by Trap of Argalia immediately falls to the ground as if tripped.

Reppuzan said:
Plus anything that's poked by Trap of Argalia immediately falls to the ground as if tripped.
I'm little confused.

The Trap works on Servants by hitting and wounding their spiritual body (mainly the legs) and not allowing those parts to remain flesh and blood for a time.

Would that even work on 2B? She is an android and does not possess a spiritual body, nor anything similiar to it. I'm just saying, the way the Trap is stated to work doesn't seem like it would that effective on her, even with verse equalizaton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back