• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fear Manipulation or Social Influencing?

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Would a ghost being able to scare someone off be Fear Manipulation, or Social Influencing? I know there are humans and animals who can scare people off, but it was deemed Social Influencing, but would Ghosts be included in this?

I think If it is regular scaring (like it is not an ability or anything, it is just people being scared because you are scary looking or strong or something), I think it would be Social Influencing, if the ghost has like some kind of ability that forcefully frightens people or something, then it would be Fear Manipulation

Last edited:
Yeah, not quire fear manipulation. Feat manipulation is like casting a spell to make people fearful. And It doesn't would be social influencing either as that's being skilled at convincing people with you speeches or actions ect.

Social Influencing actually includes making people fear you, with a lot of characters having it for this reason.

I have a revision to separate the different kinds of Social Influencing, but it would be a verse-wide one, which aren't authorized for now iirc.

Simply scare people due its condition of being a ghost hardly ualify as SI, normal people will just find it terrifying due to its unnatural condition. Not like it can not possesses SI, but not by simply being ghost or perform supernatural powers qualify as such.

Being able to tell creative ghost stories to scare people, or having a frightful attitude in your speeches of tyranny; latter more so former seems more basic. Those would be better examples of social influencing.

Back