• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Quotes in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheC2 said:
"Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move."
- Captain America, Marvel Comics
Antvasima already posted that.

"Sometimes you gotta stop and think for a bit . . . think about what you want to do with your life and what's important. . . not just to you but to everybody... you see, you can make so much of a difference if you just put your mind to it. . . and never forget about this one thing . . . You're not here alone."

" ╠ÂY╠Âo╠Âu╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âl╠Âe╠Âe╠Âp╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠Â"

"Lesson number one: trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them."

- Col. Hunter Gathers

Now, it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some have chosen to see it as the final proof of the NON-existence of God. The argument goes something like this:

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. QED"

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy

At 7:20 I brushed my teeth

I washed my face.

I poured instant soup on a bowl of rice and wolfed it down.

I smothered a piece of bread in jam and ate it all... except the crust.

After morning practice, I copied Yamakatsu's homework.

I returned Grandpa's book without ever reading it.

Class sucked, and then I played with my friends.

I played alone in my cell.

The sun was so warm it made me sweat.

I never saw the sun. The concrete was cold.

I didn't even know what happiness or unhappiness meant...

Until I saw you again.

~ Deadman Wonderland

"My name is Jubal-lun-Sul, of House Sul, whose name is known and heard throughout the Scathing Bay and the Nine times Nine Thrones. Our lord is High Alma Jaroon, of House Jaroon, whose city is the First City of the New North, where all who Went Under from Landfall settled and made peace with the Worm, when we were not Eighty and One separate peoples but One, carrying the tibrols on our backs together and cutting tunnels by the light and heat that all mer wore, with equal dust in every mouth. My family's name comes from the first child born in the Velothiid, Haeko-dol-Sul, and, like him, we are salt merchants. Our crest is the tusk of the bat-tiger. Our bloodline is registered by C0DA.

The Digitals say we come from another star, but so many have forgotten. I have not, for my lineage granted me audience with Memory, and I have spoken with the Wheels of Lull. I have seen proof, as any who come Up during Landfall Season, when the winds die down enough Above that all may make pilgrimage under the banner of Vehk and Vehk. Though many Above have renounced Memory, they too remember."

Those who do not fail become the New Men: an individual beyond all AE, unerased and all-being. Jumping beyond the last bridge of all existence is the Last Existence, The Eternal I.

I AM.

A whole World of You.

God.

God outside of all else but his own free consciousness, hallucinating for eternity and falling into love: I AM AND I ARE ALL WE.

C0DA Digitals have confirmed that a subject in sensory deprivation begins to hallucinate after only twenty minutes. Scale unto this along the magical spectrum and maintenance of time, which is forever, and you begin to see the Lunar God's failure as Greatest Gift. As above, "This is the love of God."

Why Love?

Know Love to avoid the Landfall, my brothers and sisters of the past.

The New Man becomes God becomes Amaranth, everlasting hypnogogic. Hallucinations become lucid under His eye and therefore, like all parents of their children, the Amaranth cherishes and adores all that is come from Him.

I ARE ALL WE.

God is Love.

COME TO THE HOUSE OF WE.

God is Love.

ONE WORLD IN SPIRIT I AM.

God is Love.

Does fantasies count? If so, then:

YOU

SHALL NOT

PASS!

RUN FOOLS

Gandalf in Lord of the rings

unscrew on the other side (or something like that)

Minerva McGonnigal, Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix (book only)

"I am looking at things from a much higher perspective than you. I observe this world, this universe, the truth of all things. And I have realized that humans must be destroyed. Out of all which the gods have made, mortals are their sole failure. In order to make this world, this universe, into a beautiful utopia, I must remove humanity, in place of the gods who refuse to admit their mistake."

Zamasu did nothing wrong.

this one is from youtube

"When faced with the evils of this world, happiness can give you the foundation to bear it, sadness gives you the wisdom to acknowledge it, and anger gives you the strength to oppose it! So rise my friends, and BE ANGRYYY!!!!! "

I'm here, that's who! First name Excel, last name Excel, occupation MAIN CHARACTER! Japanimation and American cartoons both have their good points! That's what so great about animation! There are no limits! However, there can be no excuse for those who use animation to exploit innocent children! That pisses Excel off! You've been bad boys, so in the name of the toons, Excel will punish you!

This is an actual anime quote.

My name is Protagonist. I'm 17 years old. I'm from America, even though I was born in Japan. My sign is Aquarius. My BWH 31"-26"-33". I enjoy reading cheesy romantic books and taking long walks on the beach. I've mastered black belt in ten different martial arts, even Shaolin Soccer. I'm currently single and am looking for an ainou or kobito right now. What I look in for a person is their personality, not only looks.
If you're interested in getting to know me, send me a Tinder request! Or friend and follow me on facebook, Twitter, Deviantart, Tumblr, Linkedln, FurryAffinity and MySpace.

Protagonist-kun, smoother than butter.

"Shut up mike, I'm on the phone consoling a war widow. As I was saying lady, your husband is a LOSER and I hopes he burns in hell! I just like people who weren't killed, okay?"

I want to see if anyone can recognize this one

I was neither a murder suspect, nor a target for an international spy organization. But I drove a car down the Jersey Turnpike at 80 mph. ...A police officer pulled me over and asked for my driver's license. He said I was going 20 mph over the speed limit. I instantly pointed to my wife and said, "I'm in a hurry, my wife is in labor." Fortunately, my wife actually had a big stomach. I hoped he'd let me go with this excuse. "Oh, since it's an emergency. I'll lead you to the hospital with my police car," he said. "No, it's not necessary." "Why not?" asked the officer. "Uh... well..." "Let's get going," said the officer... "No, no! We can't! This baby is a demon child!"

Child of Miracles. Traveler of time guided by Etro, listen to me: Each time you fulfill a wish of your heart, someone else's dream is shattered. You conjure miracles but when you do the seeds of tragedy are sown in other lives. Are you prepared to bear that burden? That responsibility? Long ago the Goddess Etro rescued you and your friends from your fate as l'Cie. For you it was a miracle; for Yeul a sentence of death. In that moment, immutable history was transformed. Time was twisted, and with each distortion of the future, the life of the Seeress was cut short. So often have I seen this... Seen her wilt before my eyes. When time is in flux the future changes, and Yeul is consumed. So I will dam the river of time and tear down the foundations of history! Only then will Yeul's suffering come to an end. You have interfered with my task at every turn... But your meddling is over. I will slay the goddess and return everything to Valhalla! In a place with no time or future! Yeul will be free for eternity... - Caius Ballad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back