• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Quotes in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good and evil, divine and demonic, right and wrong...I have always believed there are shades of gray to all things, and I think I'm right about that. Even you...are not entirely evil. You see, you're going to do something for us that only you can do, and that will save the world. Be that as it may, I believe this world is mostly good, and will continue to condemn evil as I see it. Because this world's scale leans safely on the side of good, people like me can go around saying shit like, 'There is no absolute good or evil' and sound reasonable.

So I'm grateful to you. Thank you for saving the world, Kira Yoshikage. Good-bye."

- Joji Joestar

Kars convinced Killer Queen of transforming Kira in a bomb with BTD so that they could Time-travel to the past.

Also thats the reason of why the profile of (Novel) Kars includes Killer Queen.

All gears turn like the Hurling Disk. All artifice is ephemeral. And at times, parts are of more use than the whole. There. Divine wisdom. Does that satisfy you?
~ Almalexia​

Ordinary people keep a journal. Sotha Sil decided to store his memories as star-data in an artificial astronomical matrix keyed to his philosophical musings on the structure of the Aurbis. Of course.
~ Almalexia​
I just love how Ayem has no time for philosophy or nonsense and is just sick of it.

From Ace Attorney

Phoenix: Y-Your wound...! It's bleeding!

Godot:...Ha! Did you forget already? In my world, the color red doesn't exist. These must be... my tears. [...]Ever since I woke up from my coma... I think I've been waiting this moment. [...] You'd well remember this. The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

Remember this well, Captain Hitsuguya: Admiration is the furthest emotion from understanding. - Sosuke Aizen

Overlord775 said:
the Hindu scripture are a fictional work
So that line comes from fiction
Damn I didn't think back far enough.

I only remembered the guy saying it when they tested the first nuke

"All that's left in my heart is misery and despair, and I want you to feel it!"

-Dark Aqua

"Today we join the other keyblade wielders and leave our mark on fate. I have waited patiently, but together we will unlock the Keyblade War's secrets!"

-Master Xehanort

I finally understand what it is I wanted. I wanted you to acknowledge me. To accept me as a human being, not a replica...But that's not enough. You said to me, "Can you not live unless you were born for some purpose?" I'm not living for anyone else. There's no special meaning in living. When I sensed my own death, I wanted to live. I know now. That's all I needed. So...I don't need you anymore. It doesn't matter if you accept me or not. Here I am. Alive!

-Luke

Nothing as trivial as a violent death or a few drops of demon blood mixed in with mine is going to keep me from helping out my friends and saving the world, and kicking the bad guy's ass.

Yusuke Urameshi

@Glass nice (Which Luke tho)

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world, this ARK, it is my body. "
"I can feel every bit of it, every footstep of man or beast that falls upon my skin, and every root that digs into my flesh. They are all mine. Everything in this world happens only by my will. "

"The ones who put me here have long since fled, but though I hate them, I accept their escape. It is their reward, for they placed me upon this throne. "

"Yet should anyone else challenge me, they shall receive no mercy. My wrath will be swift and terrible, and my enemies will know only pain. I am everything. "

-Sir Edmund Rockwell, Ark:Survival Evolved

I WILL DUEL AND CRUSH MY SLITHERING SEXUAL SNAKE BOSS, AND FINISH WHAT I STARTED WHEN I STEPPED MY METAL FOOT INTO THIS CHILDREN'S FARCE. I WILL DO THAT BECAUSE I WANT TO, AND WHEN THAT IS SAID AND DONE, AND YOU SEE ME AT THE PEAK OF A MOUNTAIN OF TROPHIES, RESTING ON MY THRONE OF PRIZES, I WANT TO GET TO TELL YOU THAT I DID WHAT I WANTED TO DO. SO IF YOU REMEMBER JUST ONE THING I SAY, OF SO MANY GREAT THINGS SAID BY ME, THEN PLEASE REMEMBER THIS.
I WANTED TO PLAY A GAME.''

~ Calibor​

"My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose."

Ganondorf

Control is an illusion. It can be even more blinding than the inability to see. It can... send you over the edge.

One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about human beings was their habit of continually stating and repeating the obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right? At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up. After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working. After a while he abandoned this one as well as being obstructively cynical and decided he quite liked human beings after all, but he always remained desperately worried about the terrible number of things they didn't know about.

"Ash nazg durbatul├╗k

Ash nazg gimbatul,

Ash nazg thrakatul├╗k

Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul"

Honestly, DIO is an arrogant prick. And Jotaro had almost nothing left to lose, and was fighting to save what little he had left. Just, The World is objectively a better stand than Star Platinum (Stronger, Faster, 9 second time stop vs 5 seconds, even with their Heaven variants The World is better). But there was one major difference between Jotaro and DIO in that fight. All DIO had on the line was his life. Jotaro had much more.

Oh come on don't pretend it's the most cliche thing you've seen in fiction.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
"Ash nazg durbatul├╗k

Ash nazg gimbatul,

Ash nazg thrakatul├╗k

Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul"
That will forever be burnt into my head since my linguistics textbook spends an entire chapter using that as an example of how constructed languages can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back