• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Quotes in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alone, it is said that those of our kind suffer, separated from the glory of the Khala. But none of us are truly alone. For our warrior hearts are bound by honor, tradition. Battle is waged in the name of the many; the brave, who generation after generation choose the mantle of Dark Templar." -Zeratul

Ask them our name. Ask your masters what they call you. Ask the hollow, the hateful, the Awoken with alien dreams encysted in them! Ask them our name!

Fallen. They name us Fallen.

Listen to me, Wolf-born! Heed me, Whirlwind-scattered! I am the ghost of Cybele, the cunning claw of Iris, betrayed, chained, encrypted by the Queen, sent back from the Darkness to save us all! The days of Kell and House end now. The calendar of slavery and abasement goes to the fire. We are a new calendar! We are an age of beginnings! Each of us is a day!

I am the first, Kell of Kells, and I am the last, the Dreg of Dregs. I have conquered and been conquered. I am all of us and all of us are I. In the shape of my life I bind up all of us, all of our fury, all of our grief, all the lives we have wasted against each other. Together we speak our new name.

Remember the hope that brought us here. Remember the age before the Whirlwind, when ether ran free, when we ruled ourselves and our futures as kings. We wanted more than glimmer and glints and herealways. Always remember that we came to this star in hope. And remember that we were denied! Remember the City of the Death of Children, the City That Docks, which claimed for itself the Great Machine that might have saved us. Remember the City that even now sends its ghouls to murder our Primes, starve our ether, and leave our young to die gasping. Curse that City and its name. The curse is just.

We gathered to take that City and save ourselves from extinction, saying to each other, we must be a storm, a Whirlwind, a darkness, for it is said that only pain may be stolen from the dark, and we can let no more be stolen from us. We gathered to fight against our twilight, King and Devil and Winter, all of us but us, the Wolves. Why? What kept us from the Gap?

The Reef. The Queen. The slavers who played us against each other and docked us into subservience. These sly sterile un-people, these mirages with cold minds twinned to their own, these Carybdis butchers, they set us against each other. She played us. She made herself our Kell.

We were fools, o children of the Whirlwind. We fought each other when we most needed unity. I fought my rivals when I should have fought the Queen. But I remember now, my dregs, my captains, my Kells, each of us is all of us and I remember: we are a people of resilience. I am the Kell of Kells because I want what we have lost. I am the Dreg of Dregs because I remember that a dreg will grow back what is lost to him.

Ask them my name! Ask them with the shock blade and the shrapnel launcher! Ask them with the skiff and the ketch! Ask your masters by what right they master you, you who have been hardened by centuries of flight, you who inherit the Whirlwind! Ask the Queen for her throne!

Ask them our name. Let them answer: you are Skolas, Kell of Kells. You are Fallen no more.
~ Skolas, Kell of Kells​

for some more context, see this thread.

The gist of it is that Skolas is a Destiny villain, an ambitious Fallen Kell who seeks to unify his race and reclaim the Traveller (basically a god that abandoned the Fallen for Humanity) for the Fallen. The best part is none of this is even a lie. Humanity outright genocides the fallen.

"So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every morning when I wake up, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered-down Tang and still-frozen Pop Tart, get in my car with no upholstery, no gas, and six more payments to fight traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would. I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman. And I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. 'Cause, despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what he wanted to be are still out there being what we don't want to be forty hours a week for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun in my mouth, you pudding of a woman, makes me a winner."

- Al Bundy, Married with Children.

Was this a real quote?

"So you ____ and now you have come to take me on? This is gonna interesting."

The "so you" and "This is gonna be interesting" are the only parts of the quote I distinctively remember. The rest I was completely drawing a blank on.

I do think there are ways I surpass you... surpass all humans, really. I suppose that sounds prideful, but... I am a dragon, after all. And I came from a place where we put everything on the line, and lived and died by our superiority. But in my heart... I don't really feel 'superior.' Am I superior in terms of fighting prowess? In beauty? In smarts? That's what I was always trying to be. What I desperately wished to be. I was trying to become an adult. But thanks to just one person, my heart is finally at ease. I'm happier than you could ever know, Miss Kobayashi, because a Human was able to save me so easily.
~ Tohru

"Oh, dear, another dogged contender. Welcome, Unkindled One, purloiner of Cinders. Mind you, the mantle of Lord interests me none. The fire linking curse, the legacy of lords, let it all fade into nothing. You've done quite enough, now have your rest "

-Lothric, Dark Souls 3

"Cell, you don't get it. I hate this. The vibrations through my fists on contact, the taste of blood in my mouth, the sound of my heart in my ears, I hate it. I always have. But right now, in this moment, the only thing I hate more than it... is you.

Because yu were right about me. I was a coward, scared of what would happen if I snapped. Afraid that, if I lost it this time, I'd... never come back. That i'd finally... kill someone. But I'm not scared anymore Cell.

Because there's no point in being afraid of the inevitable."- Super Duper Saiyan Gohan.

"Well, to each his own. I choose my path, you chose the way of the hero
and they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they
love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've
done for them eventually they will hate you
..Why bother?"

~Green Goblin (Sam Rami)

"This is our golden land!! I am the endless and golden witch Beatrice, and I am here!! We may fall, but we will not be defeated!! You will become living evidence! I'll carve the proof of our existence into your chest!!"

Beatrice against Erika Furudo as she and the golden land are destroyed

John Klein: I think we can assume that these entities are more advanced than us. Why don't they just come right out and tell us what's on their minds?

Alexander Leek: You're more advanced than a cockroach, have you ever tried explaining yourself to one of them?

Code:
 - Mothman Prophecies

Shulk: One day I hope I can meet them all. The people of this endless world.

Fiora: Me too. We will. I know it

Shulk: We'll meet them. And whatever happens, we'll face our future together.

Aya : I do nothing but expose the truth.

Hecatia : The Truth? Have you EVER done that? All you do is choose the truth that's most beneficial for you and try to dye the world in that color. Heck, that way of thinking would make you a perfect match for the Lunarians. No wait, this magazine of yours is already chock full of prejudice. Seriously, you should go back over every article in here and ask yourself if it's really the truth.

Aya : ...It's the truth.

Hecatia : Well, I guess with the Lunarian's power, anything you write WOULD end up true anyway. I guess that would make newspaper reporters the best profession for anyone looking to take over Gensokyo. Or maybe they've already gotten their venomous fangs into you. Oh well, all I can do is hope that we aren't seeing the reflection of the moon in your articles.

-Touhou, in a conversation about Fake News

Shulk: "In my head, there are two versions of me. One of them is telling me 'Listen to what Dunban said." The other keeps shouting 'Make them pay! Destroy every last one of them!'"

Don't forget
Always, somewhere

Someone is looking for you

As long as you remember her

You are not alone.

I'll do it over, no matter how many times it takes. I'll re-live it over and over again. I will find a way out. The one path that will save you from this destiny of despair. Madoka my one and my only friend. I don't care because if it's for you, I'll stay trapped in this endless maze... Forever.
The battle for the realm of light... is not won. Thanks to Terra and Mickey, I know what's at stake. I'm not afraid. I will face the long darkness. The next time someone wanders into the realm of darkness, I'll be here. A light to cut through all the shadows. I will be their wayfinder. And one day, I'll return to Terra and Ven. I am Master Aqua. And that's a promise.
~ Aqua

Breasts are heavier than life

"Many have opposed me: First and foremost the Kree champion Captain Mar-Vell. Long dead against his will while I yet live, against mine. There have always been those who would interfere with my goals. My choices. My dreams. Only one thing has ever remained true. My love and devotion to milady Death. And that thing has now been take from me. I had accomplished my goals! I was at rest in emptiness and something woke me! I was at peace, and something brought me back to pai! ... Again, insects, you ask what am I? What I am is angry. What I am is insane with rage. What I am is...THANOS!"

- Thanos

"Ultimately, when a tennis ball bounces off the top of the net no one knows which side of the net it'll fall o"

-Gyro Zeppeli (Jojo part 7: Steel Ball Run)

"Fine, Kakine Teitoku' now is a good time to teach you something: even Villains have standards!'"

-Accelerator (To aru series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back