• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate: Stealth Mastery

Think this was good to make a post first and plan this out before going along with it.

Anyways, shouldn't Stealth Mastery be a part of the Assassin Class Servants who have Presence Concealment? For those who have them at Rank B and up, to be exact.

Reading the page the other day, I figured that several of the Assassins would have this. Not all though and here's why. Simply put, anyone that's Ranked B and up are able to not only hide their presence as a Servant but erase it to the point of making it difficult for others to detect them, even moreso when you go to much higher levels like Cursed Arm who was able to get past the Bounded Field set around Shirou's home and talk to him while alerting anyone or even that of Riders senses for some time. Those ranked C and below can only hide their presence as a Servant but no more than that although I think it can be argued that the C to D ranks can get it (IDK about E's and even so, only Scathach's Assassin versio has it and it's really negligible for what it says).

Now there are cases where someone could get this as well, like Passionlip, but in her case it seems her claws get in the way of her to utilize her PC skill completely or decrease its effectiveness. Another case is Assassin (MHX) who DOES have the PC skill but has it completely sealed solely due to not believing she is an Assassin and clearly sets herself as a Saber...when she IS an Assassin but that's just her.

That aside, assuming only B ranks and up get it, here are the ones that will get it AFAIK:

A+ rank PC

A rank PC

A- rank PC

B rank PC

Conclude
Any thoughts here, everyone?

Well if people like James Bond have it I don't see why the Assassins shouldn't have it. Unless their methods count as magic and this somehow disqualifies them.

I kinda figured by reading the page that they could qualify for it. Though the fact it only mentions something physical and not through other means like magic and such then yeah, that probably disqualifies them.

If it doesn't, then these feel like its needed but only if it counts which it does for how PC at Rank B and above works.

Totally fine with me. They are trained assassins.

Limiting it to B and above sounds fine too. Semiramis isn't exactly stealthy.

As is Shuten douji and Assassin Servant! Shiki. Yan Qing, though, could arguably qualify if he was ranked higher but eh, too bad for him.

I also figured that something like this could have been done sooner if Servants with B rank Luck or higher gets minor Fate Manip and Supernatural Luck, another thing I got the idea to do this if this is fine enough. Putting that out there.

(Coughes) So anyways, yeah B rank PC users and above will get this while those below it will not it seems. Although would C-ranks NOT qualify enough to get it or is it just not good enough for them to?

Semirami's PC is only good enough to let her slip poison into people's drinks.

Assassin Shiki's is only good enough to make her good at spying on people but she can't sneak up on anyone.

He can be an exception for that, yeah. True Assassin of Strange Fake, even though he's yet to be added, will obviously get it due to how his abilities work.

At the very least check and see if PC users fall under some of SM, given that Doyle's Sherlock is there and he doesn't have any powers.

Pretty sure they do as I just checked again. Granted, King Hassan does have that curse thing that blows his cover right as he goes for the kill but still has it ranked highly to erase his presence.

Not sure what Sherlock has to do with this though?

Also, was thinking that Assassin Li can have this due to his Sphere Boundary. Seems pretty good enough to stimulate a high ranked PC from the looks of it.

Okay so other than the Sherlock bit, I got no objections to any non PC users having Stealth Mastery.

Li can have it due to his Sphere Boundary, and Yan could do something to have it through his abilities.

The point of this thread, however, is on the Assassins that have a particular high rank PC skill they have. And by that, anyone that's B rank and higher.

How do you manage to misread my point? Doyle's Sherlock has SM due to his disguise skills so maybe think about stuff beyond just turning invisible?

IDK, maybe cuz your comment sounds like you had him have PC? And TBF, I always have some things not get through my head, so I apologize if I misread. I just didn't think about the disguise bit he's known for

Also, I should note that I've only been focused on the Assassins at first so that pretty much made me forget the fact that being invisible isn't all there is to being stealthy or as the "ability" of SM is described.

He can have it, ofc. That's fine with me, as is any others out there like Moriarty, who you reminded of disguises that he's also done it too if the Shinjuku chapter translations or whatever I was given from reddit (DK if I have it bookmarked) is of any indication.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
IDK, maybe cuz your comment sounds like you had him have PC? And TBF, I always have some things not get through my head, so I apologize if I misread. I just didn't think about the disguise bit he's known for
Doyle's Sherlock is the completely normal fictional detective we all know and love and not Fate Sherlock. Just check the other Servants if they have skills/NPs other than PC that qualifies them for having SM.

Okay checked around for over half an hour. Getting really tired so I'm probably gonna head out for tonight.

On top of the ones listed at the beginning, there's also some more that can qualify for SM although one of them is really debatable at best and probably doesn't count enough at worst. Or more than one with who I'm gonna list here.

Ones that have been talked + those I found that can also fit for SM here are:

Anyone else got someone in mind for SM here? I can possibly try and search again but later as I'm busy rn and I doubt anymore will en approved of this more unless there's any objection to this.

Otherwise, you guys are free to go and find more potential SM users in Fate and I can come back to check up on this when I get back on later in the day.

Going once. Going twice...

Just to recap on the ones will most definitely/likely to get this, again unless there's any objections to any of the candidates for the non PC users, we have this:

PC skill users:

A+ rank PC

A rank PC

A- rank PC

B rank PC

Non PC users with skills that may qualify for SM

Once again if there are no objections, I'll likely have time to go through the mentioned names above and add them in as I don't think there will be anymore input on this from where I am seeing.

Okay, a whole day has come up and no one has made any objections no has there been any further input. Just making a notice here with a comment.

If there are no problems with what I've listed, I will be undergoing the edits of what is agreed here initially. Maybe even those that I have found that don't have Presence Concealment but can apply for Stealth Mastery through other means like personal skills or Noble Phantasms as noted in my last comment of my earlier findings here.

Back