• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Revisiting Neo Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same situation as characters being planetary or above via creation hax but it's never been scaled to their potency, common knowledge.

It's the same situation as characters being planetary or above via creation hax but it's never been scaled to their potency, common knowledge.
Again, just saying it's hax and propping it up as "common knowledge" isn't enough. If the universe is actually being destroyed through a spell, that can be quantified.

I found that, given, that Neo Eclipse destroy the world up to 400 years before the timeline split, it should probably destroy the three "futures" related to the timelines as well. Isn't that low 2-C?
tTh7rq0VfpCmVnntzOWeGlMKN4g7BgaimQJByOWbxqVKOicdR-UnRWejCc04Uppgfo8HfNv7PaP0r1IrZx1zjgz5ELMMTv5ae46Xg2s_0iDgldGBWRUyTINbRDWZkdMT

Disagree for the reasons above, Zeref isn't causing the direct destruction of the world (which isn't proven to be a universe unless directly stated.)

Disagree for the reasons above, Zeref isn't causing the direct destruction of the world (which isn't proven to be a universe unless directly stated.)
Except he is, he literally says the second he walks through the Neo Eclipse door, the present world will crumble, and it’s clear he’s referring to the entirety of the world as time is a universal construct, would make zero sense for him to only be effecting the planet

Y’all pretending like we’re scaling Zeref to it, we are tiering Fairy Heart Zeref’s standard equipment (Neo Eclipse), that’s all.

Except he is, he literally says the second he walks through the Neo Eclipse door, the present world will crumble, and it’s clear he’s referring to the entirety of the world as time is a universal construct, would make zero sense for him to only be effecting the planet
Show me where World means the entire universe when put into this context. Time isn't something limited in range indeed but it's also very different from effecting the physical matter of the universe, and no it isn't clear. It's up to you to prove your own claim which you really haven't done at all in this thread, all it states is that Zeref plans on reversing time 400 years into the past and that the world will crumble.

Do you have context of the World meaning Universe or that the physical destruction of the will take place? All you have are scans of the temporal aspect of the universe being affected. I'd also like and appreciate RAW scans for this CRT.

Also contextually Zeref wouldn't have any reason to restart the entire universe, his goal was to revive Natsu by resetting the world, not the entire universe. This takes place on Earthland, not the entire time space continuum.

Show me where World means the entire universe when put into this context. Time isn't something limited in range indeed but it's also very different from effecting the physical matter of the universe, and no it isn't clear. It's up to you to prove your own claim which you really haven't done at all in this thread, all it states is that Zeref plans on reversing time 400 years into the past and that the world will crumble.

Do you have context of the World meaning Universe or that the physical destruction of the will take place? All you have are scans of the temporal aspect of the universe being affected. I'd also like and appreciate RAW scans for this CRT.
I have already done this, as the fact that it's revolving around time means its effect in general will in fact be on a universal scale. It's because of this that we can say world means universe in this context.

It's honestly as simple as that. We know the scope, and we know it'll be destroyed because of numerous statements of this from a very reliable source.

You have to jump through hoops to justify why he would only reset time of the planet

Also the Chronophage and how he ate the time of just a planet doesn’t apply here, that’s a separate series where it is explicitly said that they eat only the time of the planet

In Fairy Tail, he would clearly referring to the entirety of the universe as time is just that, a universal concept

I have already done this, as the fact that it's revolving around time means its effect in general will in fact be on a universal scale. It's because of this that we can say world means universe in this context.
No, you provided evidence that the temporal plane will be affected, nothing about the physical plane of the entire universe being affected. He plans on resetting the time, and that the world will crumble as a consequence. That isn't the same as Zeref bringing the end of the universe itself, he plans on resetting the time of the world, not to destroy it along with it's time-space.
It's honestly as simple as that. We know the scope, and we know it'll be destroyed because of numerous statements of this from a very reliable source.
Zeref isn't omniscient and can be wrong, just like how he has been on several occasions. Everything Zeref says can't be accepted since "well he's smart and knows a lot of Magic..." ignoring the fact that he doesn't mention the fact that he's actively busting the universe itself. The temporal aspect is definitely resetting but that's time manipulation, in the context of the World crumbling there isn't any evidence that it would cause the destruction of the universe in the same sense that his temporal abilities would.

Also are you just gonna ignore my RAW request?
This too, it's just Neo Eclipse. Fairy Heart Zeref himself is still going to be High 6-A.
Irrelevant, honestly just seems like you attempting to say "People are bias because this is FT hur dur"

You have to jump through hoops to justify why he would only reset time of the planet
Because of the context given?
Also the Chronophage and how he ate the time of just a planet doesn’t apply here, that’s a separate series where it is explicitly said that they eat only the time of the planet
Because in the FT verse there's Planets that have their own temporal plane, said separate series is still Canon to Hiro's work and the fact that a planets time can be "eaten" without indirect consequences of the temporal plane of the universe itself is indication of the verse having a ****** time which is different than most other verses.
In Fairy Tail, he would clearly referring to the entirety of the universe as time is just that, a universal concept
This isn't true either, Black-Holes have a different time than what they're surrounding. There are several black-holes in the universe that have a temporal aspect that function differently than our own space time, or are you insinuating that we share the same warped space time as that of a black hole? Different parts of our universe function on a different temporal aspect, not everything in the universe shares the same temporal plane.

No, you provided evidence that the temporal plane will be affected, nothing about the physical plane of the entire universe being affected. He plans on resetting the time, and that the world will crumble as a consequence. That isn't the same as Zeref bringing the end of the universe itself, he plans on resetting the time of the world, not to destroy it along with it's time-space.
He said the world was going to be destroyed numerous times. One of the scans I put in the OP flat-out said "the world will crumble away." The time portion is to explain why it's at the scope I'm saying it is, but it's very clearly going to destroy the world given the scans I've shown of him saying this numerous times.
Zeref isn't omniscient and can be wrong, just like how he has been on several occasions. Everything Zeref says can't be accepted since "well he's smart and knows a lot of Magic..." ignoring the fact that he doesn't mention the fact that he's actively busting the universe itself. The temporal aspect is definitely resetting but that's time manipulation, in the context of the World crumbling there isn't any evidence that it would cause the destruction of the universe in the same sense that his temporal abilities would.

Also are you just gonna ignore my RAW request?
Why would Zeref be wrong about the plan he was building up to for a long while now? That doesn't even make any sense. This is the plan he created with his extensive knowledge of magic, so there's no reason for him to be wrong about this.

Also, I don't see why it's absolutely necessary to provide RAWs unless there's some very specific translation needed.
Irrelevant, honestly just seems like you attempting to say "People are bias because this is FT hur dur"
I was just talking about something I saw going around that I wanted to address. Don't know if you just wanted a reason to say this or what.
Because in the FT verse there's Planets that have their own temporal plane, said separate series is still Canon to Hiro's work and the fact that a planets time can be "eaten" without indirect consequences of the temporal plane of the universe itself is indication of the verse having a ****** time which is different than most other verses.
You're still trying to use Edens Zero info in Fairy Tail when they're separate things entirely. Also, where's this evidence of FT planets having their own temporal planes?
This isn't true either, Black-Holes have a different time than what they're surrounding. There are several black-holes in the universe that have a temporal aspect that function differently than our own space time, or are you insinuating that we share the same warped space time as that of a black hole? Different parts of our universe function on a different temporal aspect, not everything in the universe shares the same temporal plane.
I don't see how black holes are relevant when they're a very small aspect of the universe and overall, time is the same throughout the universe. You're using one small, specific example and trying to make a general statement out of that.

Last edited:
This is the Kanji that Zeref uses for world in Japanese: 世界. when we look at how its used in 100 years quest however, Mystogan describes the world of Elentir and anima, a device that allows them to take magic from parallel worlds, i.e. parallel universes, such as Earthland, also using this same kanji. Mystogan further elaborates that Selene hops dimensions, which uses this kanji, 次元, which literally means dimension. This was in reference to the world hoping statement from earlier used to describe anima. Given we know that Earthland and Edolas are just parallel universes, its quite clear that Zeref is referring to the entire universe here and not just the planet.
Just reposting this as raws were brought up.

Also contextually Zeref wouldn't have any reason to restart the entire universe, his goal was to revive Natsu by resetting the world, not the entire universe. This takes place on Earthland, not the entire time space continuum.

Zeref isn't in control over what he resets. He's relying on the space between time which is the very concept of time correcting itself to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back