• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Revisiting Neo Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Yeah, I'm revisiting Neo Eclipse, but kind of differently this time. So, to reiterate what Neo Eclipse does, it resets the Fairy Tail timeline by 400 years. It's not time travel. He is literally doing a time reset, and he says that the entire world will crumble away once it activates, citing it as the power for the end of the world. Mavis further reinforces that the world will be erased as well.

Now, I know there were some big disagreements last time, and I want to address them here with my different approach to this. The first one is the connotation of the word "world." Obviously this has a ton of meanings, but this time the world is being destroyed via a time reset. Time itself is a concept that functions on a universal scale.

One does not simply reset time for a planet or something like that. Time doesn't work like that.

Because of this, it seems pretty clear that what Neo Eclipse is going to destroy is the universe.

Another argument was that it doesn't qualify for something like Low 2-C because it's not destroying the entire timeline, just 400 years of it. It wouldn't be High 3-A either because the universe in Fairy Tail, to our knowledge, is not infinite in size.

However, we do know from what I've put here that the universe will be destroyed. It's emphasized several times and I've established that "world" = "universe" in this context. In addition, it is explicitly said that the time period of 400 years will be destroyed, those 400 years containing an entire physical universe, so if those 400 years get destroyed, a universe is in fact getting destroyed in the process. I believe that Neo Eclipse should be 3-A, because what we know would be enough to at least be this tier. I fully understand the issues with High 3-A and Low 2-C for Neo Eclipse, which is why I believe 3-A is best.

So that would honestly just be hax then if he's just "resetting" the world and something that Mavis said about it just being erased means that she just could be using that as a powerful saying when she could mean that as "the history that we know is going to be changed forever!"

So that would honestly just be hax then if he's just "resetting" the world and something that Mavis said about it just being erased means that she just could be using that as a powerful saying when she could mean that as "the history that we know is going to be changed forever!"
I would understand that if not for the numerous other times that Zeref said the world would be destroyed when Neo Eclipse activates. Clearly, it's going to actually destroy the world, which is the universe in this context.

I would understand that if not for the numerous other times that Zeref said the world would be destroyed when Neo Eclipse activates. Clearly, it's going to actually destroy the world, which is the universe in this context.
Yet the point of it in general is still resetting everything. He could just be saying he's going to "destroy" the current history and change it to how he sees fit (since he'll have the power to do so)

Definitely not, Zeref already said this isn't simply a matter of going back to "destroy" the current history, and this is also coming from the smartest character in the verse, who is also incredibly unlikely to hyperbolize this given that this is his end goal. So, when he says it'll be destroyed, it's very believable that he means flat-out destroyed.

These take me to the same link?

So this is being argued as a special environmental destruction feat more or less? Like a consequence of him resetting the timeline is that 400 years of this universe's timeline is deleted, hence 3-A?
Yeah pretty much

It destroys a universe as a bi product

It’s not really combat applicable and doesn’t scale to his regular stats

I 100% agree with it. For me Neo Eclipse was Low 2-C, but If we can make it 3-A for now, why not.
Neo_Eclipse.png

Is there a reason this isn't just time hax? If he's removing a portion of history obviously the future will change thus a new world. I've never seen tier 3 to tier 2 granted for something like erasing 400 years from a timeline so you should probably ask more experienced staff.

Yeah, I'm revisiting Neo Eclipse, but kind of differently this time. So, to reiterate what Neo Eclipse does, it resets the Fairy Tail timeline by 400 years. It's not time travel. He is literally doing a time reset, and he says that the entire world will crumble away once it activates, citing it as the power for the end of the world. Mavis further reinforces that the world will be erased as well.

Now, I know there were some big disagreements last time, and I want to address them here with my different approach to this. The first one is the connotation of the word "world." Obviously this has a ton of meanings, but this time the world is being destroyed via a time reset. Time itself is a concept that functions on a universal scale.

One does not simply reset time for a planet or something like that. Time doesn't work like that.

Because of this, it seems pretty clear that what Neo Eclipse is going to destroy is the universe.

Another argument was that it doesn't qualify for something like Low 2-C because it's not destroying the entire timeline, just 400 years of it. It wouldn't be High 3-A either because the universe in Fairy Tail, to our knowledge, is not infinite in size.

However, we do know from what I've put here that the universe will be destroyed. It's emphasized several times and I've established that "world" = "universe" in this context. In addition, it is explicitly said that the time period of 400 years will be destroyed, those 400 years containing an entire physical universe, so if those 400 years get destroyed, a universe is in fact getting destroyed in the process. I believe that Neo Eclipse should be 3-A, because what we know would be enough to at least be this tier. I fully understand the issues with High 3-A and Low 2-C for Neo Eclipse, which is why I believe 3-A is best.
Erasing parts of a timeline is High 3-A, since, its not a complete Low 2-C feat, doesnt matter if the universe is not infinite in size

At the very least one version of the universe is being destroyed

I’ve heard you could say it’s High 3-A as it would be destroying an infinite number of snapshots of the universe, but I think it’s better just to play it safe and call it 3-A

Once again, it doesn’t scale to anything but Neo Eclipse

At the very least one version of the universe is being destroyed

I’ve heard you could say it’s High 3-A as it would be destroying an infinite number of snapshots of the universe, but I think it’s better just to play it safe and call it 3-A
High 3-A is more accurate, or just 3-A, possibly High 3-A should work

Isn't that like saying that time-stop is 3-A Attack Potency because you're manipulating an entire universe via stopping the universe's time?
Stopping time doeent have energy values, hence, no tier, however, if you literally can destroy it doesnt matter if it is with water manip, time weird power or just AP, still is Universal (however, some cases can be just chain reaction), so, Neo Eclipse can destroy 400 years of a timeline, not enough to Low 2-C, but still High 3-A

Disagree the entire "World has we know it will be destroyed" is just the effect if resetting a universe back 400 years of course all the 400 years history will be erased so why tf is this even brought up?
Hard Disagree

Disagree the entire "World has we know it will be destroyed" is just the effect if resetting a universe back 400 years of course all the 400 years history will be erased so why tf is this even brought up?
Hard Disagree
Those 400 years that get destroyed contain an entire universe within it, all that existed in tho 400 years would be destroyed

So yeah, Neo Eclipse is destroying a universe

Those 400 years that get destroyed contain an entire universe within it, all that existed in tho 400 years would be destroyed

So yeah, Neo Eclipse is destroying a universe
Nah Neo eclipse is destroying the said Universe by resetting time back 400 years, of course when you do that the entire 400 years history of time and physical universe gets destroyed we ight as well give 3A to all 9A that can wind back time

Nah Neo eclipse is destroying the said Universe by resetting time back 400 years, of course when you do that the entire 400 years history of time and physical universe gets destroyed we ight as well give 3A to all 9A that can wind back time
There's a difference between having a line and jumping backwards in the line vs deleting the front half of said line.

There's a difference between having a line and jumping backwards in the line vs deleting the front half of said line.
yes and there are character that can rewuind back time and everythign resets back to the time they specifies and all changes that already happened gets reverted/destroyed and of course they should be universal by this logic

Yeah so you agree the world is getting destroyed then, thanks for your concession

Yeah so you agree the world is getting destroyed then, thanks for your concession
huh? tf is this, the world was getting reverted and 400 years of history also gets reverted, if this goes through i have a list of new 3A upgrades also since they are also doing the sae thing simply reverting back time

yes and there are character that can rewuind back time and everythign resets back to the time they specifies and all changes that already happened gets reverted/destroyed and of course they should be universal by this logic
Just because a character travels back in time doesn’t mean we assume everything forward is destroyed, in this case it’s verbatim stated to be destroyed multiple times.

huh? tf is this, the world was getting reverted and 400 years of history also gets reverted, if this goes through i have a list of new 3A upgrades also since they are also doing the sae thing simply reverting back time
Then give those verses 3-A upgrades, I really don’t care

Neo Eclipse specifically resets time and destroys as much time as Zeref wants as he goes back, it is explicitly said numerous times that the world itself will crumble and be destroyed, meaning a universe is being destroyed

Saying that other verses don’t have 3-A for a similar feat means jack shit to me, if someone does the same thing as Zeref, then by all means give them 3-A

I agree with Pain actually so disagree with the post. When authors mention world I don't think they mean the literal universe, you're overthinking this, it's heavily implied it's just the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back