• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Magic Has Soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KaiserReinhardt said:
This will only aply with characters that has the ability to destroy magic or absorb magic, not everyone in the verse will get limited soul manipulation or absorption.

I think you misunderstand. Destroying magic shouldn't equate to destroying a soul, unless you think part of the Mage's soul is damaged in the process of their magic being destroyed. Characters from Naruto who can effect Chakra via Truth Seeking Balls aren't given Soul Destruction or Manipulation and got rejected. Accepting this would be a double standard and giving Fairy Tail a free pass.

@Rin

All they're doing is using their spiritual energy to strenghten their body. It's not the same thing we're talking here. We're talking about magic having a piece of soul, and a another character able to destroy that very magic.

This discussion is turning very annoying. The suggestion to add soul manipulation to all characters that can absorb or affect the magic of others has been firmly rejected. I would appreciate if you permanently drop the subject.

If there are characters that have explicitly demonstrated the ability to directly manipulate or attack souls, that is another issue entirely.

@Kaiser

Haki is a power as explained by Slivers as "Aura." "Presence" "soul." and Armor Haki is the usage of their soul, using it to harden. Naruto has Chakra which contains spiritual energy. RWBY also doesn't have soul manipulation despite Aura being made of the Soul. At the end of the day this isn't enough to grant soul manipulation.

@Antvasima

If that's the case, then why don't you remove every single character that has soul destruction set as soul manipulation on their profiles. You're clearly not making any sense. We have clear evidence of magic having a soul, and if a another character is able to destroy that very magic. He/she should get limited soul manipulation, for being able to destroy that magic and the soul inside it.

I don't get what you don't understand about this.

There is also the matter of celestial spirits which are basically magic entities. Silver can effect souls, that is all I can think of at this point.

At the end of the day, Magic is created from a combination of one's soul and nature. Whether magic is it's own soul or part of the user's soul, don't know.

If it is the former, then should be noted that magic is alive but not in the traditional sense of living beings.

@Rin

Fairy tail magic and soul 3
If the soul inside the magic was not destroyed, then we would have seen it. The fact that we do not see any soul after their magic is destroyed, proves to us that these characters have destroyed everything. Souls in fairy tail take in the shape of white balls floating, we would have seen these same souls if they were not destroyed when the magic was destroyed.
Also in this very page, you can see that lucy and natsu are able to see the souls around them, and were also able to feel hades talking to them. We see this in the next chapter when they turn around.

Those are souls, yes. But we don't know what a portion of the soul would look like either. I still fail to see how this is soul manipulation, especially whenever the evidence is iffy at best.

@Rin

Fairy tail magic and soul 4
It doesn't matter what amount of soul it is, the fact that no soul came out after the magic was destroyed proves to us that it also was destroyed with the magic.
Also this very chapter proves to us that natsu and lucy are able to see souls, and even feel them. We can see this when they reacted to hades talking to them. They literally turned towards hades.

@Glass

You should read my comment once again, maybe you will understand what i'm talking about.

@Kaiser your comment made no sense. You said that the fact that no souls came out proves that it was destroyed, but you post a picture where there's clearly souls all around the place.

Or rather that the idea of souls being orbs isn't consistent and was forgotten by Hiro, which isn't far fetched considering how common it is for Mangaka to make mistakes like that. Not only that but souls aren't invisible in Fairy Tail as you seem to imply. Natsu, Lucy, Happy and Hades had no issues with seeing them, nor is there anything to imply they are invisible. Back to the supposed soul manipulation, that's false again. We don't give characters soul manipulation for the same reason your proposing here. We aren't gonna be anymore lenient here than we are with others.

@Glass

The pic was to show how souls in fairy tail looked like. It had no meaning other then that, you just assumed that i was talking about the picture.

and that very same pic you posted doesn't help your argument of "they destroyed everything including the soul". And like Rin said, mangakas aren't always consistent.

@RIn

Fairy tail magic and soul 3
Fairy tail magic and soul 4
Souls being orbs have been consistant in fairy tail, what are you talking about?. In fairy tail it was shown that souls are able to take their human form, like when hades's soul went from being a ball into a human form.
Also acnologia's was able to turn his soul into a human form, and was even able to fight natsu and his team. Souls being going from being a ball to a human form was clearly shown by hades.

How do you know that souls aren't invesibal in fairy tail, just because they're able to see them doesn't mean that they can't be invesibal. The fact that natsu, lucy and happy are able to see souls, and interact with them means that they have non physical interaction. It doesn't mean that souls in fairy tail are visable, that's just you making up facts of your own.

Yes we do give character soul manipulation for the same reason i'm suggesting here, it's called soul distruction and is part of soul manipulation on this wiki. If you believe that destroying souls is not part of soul manipulations, then this wiki should make a of it's own.

Why is fairy tail being rejected for something that so many profiles have been accepted for, it makes not sense. So many characters have soul manipulation or limited soul manipulation for destroy a soul. Fairy tail isn't a exeption.

Several wrongs do not make a right. If other profiles list soul manipulation without the characters in question being able to directly affect souls, the ability should be removed from them as well.

Given that this is going nowhere, and I am very busy with monitoring edits, I will probably close this thread soon.

I also didn't see that as soul manipulation,regardless if it' rejected does that mean we gonna remove all of soul manipulation in every FT page? Just asking.

@Kaiser

It's not consistent, or else it would be happening in every arc. This is the only arc where it happens and it's never dived into again. And it's up to you to prove that those souls are intangible, the Burden of Proof falls on you not me. Similar to how Shinigami in Bleach aren't intangible. They most certainly do not have non physical interaction or else people like Ajeel, Bloodman or Laxus using his Lightning body wouldn't be an issue.

@Glass

Saying "mangaka's aren't always consistant" isn't a arguement. The fact that magic having a soul has clearly been demostrated by franmalth absorbing natsu's magic, and we also see it with atlas flames's hellfire. Unless you have something that disprove this, then your arguement is meaningless. I have clear evidene on my side, what do you have?.

@Veloxt

If the Fairy Tail characters have been shown to directly affect souls they should have the ability listed. If not, the ability should be removed from them, especially as it should not have been added in the first place before this thread was concluded.

@Kaiser yes it is an argument, especially when a lot of stuff they write is really inconsistent with what they established.

@Kaiser

You do not have evidence. You are using exaggerated speculation with an unreliable basis.

Just because some Fairy Tail characters can affect souls does not mean that all characters that can absorb or manipulate magic can do the same to souls directly.

Again, I would appreciate if you permanently drop this subject and stop wasting time that I do not have available to spend.

I will close this thread now, and you are explicitly forbidden from starting another discussion regarding this subject again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back