• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
WilliamShadow said:
Legit comment on several YouTube channels by several diffrent persons. "Natsu beating Acnologia with power of 7 dragon slayers is BS because God Serena had 8 elements and he got one shot"
just when you think humanity has reached the max amount of stupidity, they decide to copy Aizen and transcend to another level.
How is that stupid? It is a legitmate point.

Well tbh Natsu at his best with a single element is far superior to Serena, in fact base Natsu easily matches the average spriggan and Serena is presented to us in-series as just an average spriggan not an exceptional one. So while i do see the point being made, here it's a matter of quality v quantity

VidiaPhoenix said:
WilliamShadow said:
Legit comment on several YouTube channels by several diffrent persons. "Natsu beating Acnologia with power of 7 dragon slayers is BS because God Serena had 8 elements and he got one shot"just when you think humanity has reached the max amount of stupidity, they decide to copy Aizen and transcend to another level.
How is that stupid? It is a legitmate point.
ik its you know.. FT but you should at least pick up that real dragon slayer magic is different from the artifical magic especially against a dragon.

The comparison is stupid because Serena is comparable or weaker than each individual DS, despite possessing more elements. It's not a matter of elements, it's a matter of more raw power.

How is that stupid? It's legitimate point.

Oh my god (and I am not even a believer) God Serena has 8 elements and a certain amount of power. Natsu has the power of 7 different persons with 7 diffrent elements. To put it simple current Natsu power is combination of Natsu+Gajeel+Cobra+Wendy+Sting+Rougue+Laxus. And Laxus alone is more powerful than God Serena. Natsu didn't absorb just their elements but their power as well. Like did you even read the chapter?

"real dragon slayer magic is different from the artifical magic especially against a dragon." - clearly Acnologia himself doesn't care about that difference

RoyGundam said:
"real dragon slayer magic is different from the artifical magic especially against a dragon." - clearly Acnologia himself doesn't care about that difference
Well he is an omnicidal maniac

I'm not trying to accuse u of anything William but I've seen quickly things can turn from decent to ridiculous on this thread in particular. I'm just trying to put out fires b4 they start

It's all good dude, but like I seriously wonder how many people have actually read and understood this chapter at this point.

RoyGundam said:
Let's see how he feels next chap

Defensive? Dude it's not my fault you didn't read the chapter correctly and went and said something ridiculous,plus I am the first to say Hiro has terrible writing.(battle wise at least)

WilliamShadow said:
Defensive? Dude it's not my fault you didn't read the chapter correctly and went and said something ridiculous,plus I am the first to say Hiro has terrible writing.(battle wise at least)
If I didn't read it "correctly" enough, it's because the manga has become absolute shit and it's hard to process it's stupidity.

And before any of you say, "Why don't you drop it?" there is literally three chapters left and I have invested over five years in this shit. I can see the finish line and God I can't wait to get there.

I used to love FT so much and then Hiro had to go and ruin it. I can't think of anything good to say about it anymore. Just thinking of this last clusterf*ck of an arc makes me want to rip a Barbie doll head off with my teeth.

Lol you're deviating from your original argument because you were wrong, you also called him defensive because you lost the argument, there's 0 correlation between the manga being bad and you not reading it correctly

Davidsteel1 said:
@Vidia ...um that's disturbing. Go have a snickers or something dude
Thank you. *takes snickers*

Edit: There IS correlation between poor writing and people's ability to coprehend what was written. If it's written so bad you can't understand, how is it the readers fault?

VidiaPhoenix said:
Edit: There IS correlation between poor writing and people's ability to coprehend what was written. If it's written so bad you can't understand, how is it the readers fault?
I understood it just fine. It was never mentioned they gave him their elements, but they gave him all their magical power. The error is on your side.

VidiaPhoenix said:
Clearly I am not the only one if people on Youtube are saying it too.
People on YouTube think all kinds of things, the content is clear. If they interpret it their own way, it's on them.

ScarletFirefly said:
VidiaPhoenix said:
Clearly I am not the only one if people on Youtube are saying it too.
People on YouTube think all kinds of things, the content is clear. If they interpret it their own way, it's on them.
Still doesn't mean I am the only one confused. Like I said above, there's other people who are confused.

Natsu literally says "I'll turn everybody's power into flames, this is the power of 7 fire dragons"

That alone is more than enough for more one can just read the chapter.

Now if that sentence is not clear to someone, Hiro is not to blame. Thou let's not make big fuss over this now.

ScarletFirefly said:
The comparison is stupid because Serena is comparable or weaker than each individual DS, despite possessing more elements. It's not a matter of elements, it's a matter of more raw power.
I didn't answer this before but only Laxus and Natsu are superior to God Serena leave aside the rankings on the wiki because they are based on "feats" that Hiro is poorly handling but look at the very description of the characters. Only persons in FT superior to regular spriggans are big deals like Gildarts, Laxus fdkm Natsu and possibly Erza and Mira as equals to them while Gray won simply cause he had the perfect opponent thou he should be comparable. While August and Irene outclass everyone. Hiro just screws up his own power scailing for the sake of the story.

I have a question that has nothing do with this chapter.

So I've been looking through Natsu's Fire Dragon King moves calcs, and saw that both of his attacks were calced at small city level. And yet his mode is Small Island level due to the leak vaporizing feat.

So my question is, does this mean that his FDK attacks are also small island level? Because he can use them in base. But he is mountain level in base.. So, how does it work?

(Sorry if that's not the right place to ask, it just was bugging me for a long time)

I don't know about small city calcs but yes his attacks are small island. I do remember small city for a none fdk mode attack and pure fire release in his battle with Zeref which thou wasn't an attack but consequences of him using fdk mode.

Hmmm... But doesn't it mean that it's like that:

Fire Dragon King Moves(Without the mode) < Natsu Base < Natsu FDKM ?

Or do his FDK moves = his mode?

Example: Base Goku kamehameha is weaker then ssgoku kamehameha because as super Saiyan he releases more energy.

FDK moves without the mode are base Natsu attacks,but those same moves are more powerful in FDKM because he releases more energy in that mode.

Ooooh. I get it now. Thanks a lot!! That actually cleared up a ton of things. In other words, FDK moves without the mode = base Natsu a.k.a 7-A, right?

Glad that someone explained it to me. Cause it has been heavily bothering me. xD

Does anyone have a link to the new chapter that actually has good translation? The manga app I use butchered it.

At least it's a legit nakama punch since they combined their powers and not just a random power up with no explanation. And it appears from the name of next chapter that Acnologia will die saying something like you are the true dragon King to Natsu.

I think he will. We still have to wait until next chapter to find out how strong is he really.

Speaking of keys... Is anyone going to add the "partial END form" that he used against Gray and "Flames of Savage Emotion" that he used against Zeref?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back